Stolen item returned to owner....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
So was just having a chat with another thief in-game, who apparently stole a runic, valorite weapon. He placed the weapon in a chest and the next day when he come to check on it, it had vanished and was returned to the player he had stolen it from.

Forgive me, but this is downright pathetic.

Sorry to bring this up, but essentially, if someone is stupid enough to take one out on the field, even in the event of ... an event, then they are risking the loss of any item or other items. For gods sake, GM's assistance is required for soul purpose of helping people with issues *bugs etc*, not to give a cry baby back their weapon because they were stupid enough to disarm it in the first place.

Jesus....

EDIT : More and more, this place is becoming Trammel.. Whatever...

Deadpool

Grandmaster
This.... I'm downright outraged stealing isn't a bannable offense at this point!

Me too. I don't think thieves have any place in my daily activities of farming for gold in dungeons with ridiculously powerful relics/meta pets or crafting slayers in the Brit crafting area! Stealing is absurd and it is un-American!

Who'd have thunk that someone could steal from people in the Fel ruleset.. I am completely shocked....

You, apparently! And you are a fiend for doing so! No one should be able to steal! Stealing is wrong! If they want that, they should go play on a server run by Putin! That's what I say!

Fuck Trammel bullshit like this.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Wait my anus looks like a vagina? Goddammit you been slipping estrogen pills in my food again @Deadpool ?

Mmkayweirdo.gif

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
ima put my 2 trammie cents in...
if i have something in my bag, i expect it can be stolen at any point at any time if it is stealable (10 or less stones if im correct)
im completely fine with this.
its the disarm steal macro is the only thing that bugs me. last event, had my bow stolen from my hands (not cool) 5 minutes later had my lute stolen from my bag so i could provo mobs, i laughed, the thief laughed, the mobs laughed, then we died. im ok with the 2nd part.
but that macro for disarm+steal is op/annoying...

but if you stole it from their bag, thats his/her own damn fault

JennaL

Expert
Can you pm me more details regarding this if you don't wish to make it public? There is a pretty strict staff policy of not replacing lost or stolen items under any circumstances unless a bug is involved.

drinn

Grandmaster
He placed the weapon in a chest and the next day when he come to check on it, it had vanished

This part I am pretty doubtful though, because I did kind of a similar mistake, when I placed my Cellar deed to a chest I thought I had secured in my home, but it wasn't so next day I noticed all that 3m was gone.

So might be similar case and then that friend just made some stories.

Was his friend friended / co-owned to the house of that thief? Might be the most typical scam as well.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Like JennaL said, unless the thief used a bug (i.e. disarm stealing in ctf, or something similar) this shouldn't happen, but the lack of details about how the weapon was stolen make me wonder if a bug was involved. If I'm wrong I do apologize.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.