Stolen item returned to owner....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Like JennaL said, unless the thief used a bug (i.e. disarm stealing in ctf, or something similar) this shouldn't happen, but the lack of details about how the weapon was stolen make me wonder if a bug was involved. If I'm wrong I do apologize.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Not to derail (because I would never do that) but is your sig supposed to be you killing Hanes in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
This would never ever happen. We would never replace something that was fairly stolen. To assume that before the other 10 possibilities of why it vanished is pretty crazy yo.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Would like to hear specifics once they come to light.
Who was it stolen from?
Who returned it?

Are they connected in any way? This is why I am personally 100% against any sort of gm/pvp manager/seer etc being socially invested in this server. (Being in a guild, etc)
Although favoritism is supposedly "nonexistent" on UOf (notice the quotations), they are still human.. And shit happens, obviously.

halygon

Grandmaster
So was just having a chat with another thief in-game, who apparently stole a runic, valorite weapon. He placed the weapon in a chest and the next day when he come to check on it, it had vanished and was returned to the player he had stolen it from.

Forgive me, but this is downright pathetic.

Sorry to bring this up, but essentially, if someone is stupid enough to take one out on the field, even in the event of ... an event, then they are risking the loss of any item or other items. For gods sake, GM's assistance is required for soul purpose of helping people with issues *bugs etc*, not to give a cry baby back their weapon because they were stupid enough to disarm it in the first place.

Jesus....

EDIT : More and more, this place is becoming Trammel.. Whatever...
Given the way you worded this OP, I am guessing you may not know how and when this weapon was stolen - which was not in the field.

The thief was warned to not steal anything during a FFA event, but did so anyways. Since this was a bug and not a place where stealing items should of been possible, the GM returned the item. It was not a theft that should have happened in the first place.

If it was fairly stolen as @Shane said, then it would not have been removed from the theif - obviously it was not fairly stolen.

halygon

Grandmaster
Would like to hear specifics once they come to light.
Who was it stolen from?
Who returned it?

Are they connected in any way? This is why I am personally 100% against any sort of gm/pvp manager/seer etc being socially invested in this server. (Being in a guild, etc)
Although favoritism is supposedly "nonexistent" on UOf (notice the quotations), they are still human.. And shit happens, obviously.
This was not a case of favoritism in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.