Tamer Talisman!

K A Z

Grandmaster
Reasons to not give tamers control of their lvl 7:
To much time spent programming tamer stuff (pretty sure were talking 1 line of code here)
shane already said that they'd add Wands that'd give you more control over your beloved Pokemon.
Metas are OP in PVP (skills capped at 100)
high str + high dex = pretty strong in melee vs. players. I don't want this to be changed though, as I simply can't be fucked to argue with you lot about it.
Metas are OP in PVM (the step up from a regular tamer is in damage output only a dragon can control as much spawn as a meta)
Metas are the Kings of PVM right now with nothing coming even close to them. Sounds pretty OP to me.
Tamers are whiners so dont give this to them because Im not willing to work a tamer or invest in a meta (Ok this one wins)
Tamers are one thing, and that is biased. It'll start off with a Tamer talisman that'll allow you to have better control over your pet and will end with an implented bankbox, a function that'll let you recall without a chance to disrupt it etc. I know you guys, this will never stop.

Meta is meant to be awesome because its endgame. There is nothing wrong with trade offs as you level (no poison on hit past 3) but a lack of control is way to big a drawback to the point most tamers would take a level 5 over level 7 (makes any sense?). ex. in a no recall in zone you go to recall out pet doesnt follow now you have to travel all the way to the bottom of khaldun without your meta just to get it back (oh and its now dead as well). So we have a situation where you are constantly balling a pet or lossing stats that cant be trained. Gimp metas (in general all levels) however you like for balance but control is not the way to do it.
Yep, removing any risk involved with playing a tamer is definitely the way to go. Maybe add an "cheeto-time" function to Tamers that'll turn you invulnerable for 30 seconds so you can feast on some chips nd take a huge sip of that mountain dew.

^Boom.

Also LOL...kaz, poor kaz.

Reads 100% of my post. Says nobody does. Then throws a shout-out to AoS? Srsly?

I stopped reading at AoS. I didn't just say that I stopped reading while actually reading the post in its entirety. I actually stopped reading.

Take notes.

I never read your posts outside of Tamer discussions as they usually have little to no content and are spiced with a special kind of bitterness.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I never read your posts outside of Tamer discussions as they usually have little to no content and are spiced with a special kind of bitterness.
You do, and you're not the only one.

But you say whatever it is you need to say if you feel it's going to dig deep. I'm not as desperate for validation as you are. I am just valid, plain and simple.

K A Z

Grandmaster
You do, and you're not the only one.
Nope. Keep telling yourself that you're "trolling" people, but it's simply not true.

But you say whatever it is you need to say if you feel it's going to dig deep. I'm not as desperate for validation as you are. I am just valid, plain and simple.
Guy has over 4k forumposts, and has stated before that I'm "jealous for his many likes". You make so much sense there, Bromista. It's really depressing to see that you're just as weird as POWER always says.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I understand the point of view of:
"tamers have enough"
"tamers are PvM gods"
"tamers don't need anything else"

Well, if you understand that the drawbacks to your suggestion, then what is the point of not mentioning them in the OP?? It looks bad when veterans don't mention the drawbacks of an idea, it sets a bad example for newer players who will come to think they can outsmart the developers which just wastes everyones time. If you know a drawback then say so, otherwise you're opening the door for clowns like Bro-mo-mista who only want to take these suggestions to page 3-4-5 for their own personal amusement.

Now I agree that this idea is plausible, IF the success rate for commands given to a level 7 meta is really only 50%, and that there is definitely room to work with this suggestion SO LONG AS level 7 meta's are not PvP viable in terms of damage output etc. (Though it seems like there are better options for a pvp tamer such as having two smaller pets that use breath weapon attacks, so the PvP aspect may be a moot point. )

What might be a good idea is to have 3 Character bound Talismans. One for 10% bonus control, one for 20% bonus control, and one for 30% bonus control.

The first Talisman will be able to be purchased via Dono vendor AND Sink vendor.

The second Talisman is only able to be purchased off of a special vendor that will need to be added that uses a secondary currency which drops off of mobs ONLY if you are equipped with the 1st Talisman, and also in place of gold. So there is a gold drop reduction and added is a special currency. This special currency is able to purchase the 2nd talisman, and possibly a line of Taming related titles.

Same idea basically for the 3rd Talisman, another vendor with another different type of currency, etc etc. This basically creates game diversity, while controlling the gold per hour and also giving endgame players goals/privileges that wont effect the economy. I think farming endless amounts of gold is the kind of boring circumstance we DONT want players to feel they need to do, by adding new currencies and adding that diversity we alleviate this boredom and give endgame players new goals besides gold, while still making gold similar to other templates.

So, say the colors of each talisman are hued, to say, purewhite, charcoal, and blaze. These are the most popular hues for endgame players so it makes sense to color them so they will match players outfits. Charcoal being the cheapest, then whichever for the next two. THIS opens the door for players to actually wear the lesser ones even if they have the higher tier ones, so they can farm and sell the new currencies as well. Of course I see no problem with talisman dyes for these talismans possibly being added as well.

I enjoy helping with players suggestions, all I ask is that people PLEASE format them properly so that we can avoid these southern sideshow situations like 5 pages of insults and calling ideas/other players 'stupid' . It does nothing to help this game, which is only as good as the community behind it.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Well, if you understand that the drawbacks to your suggestion, then what is the point of not mentioning them in the OP?? It looks bad when veterans don't mention the drawbacks of an idea, it sets a bad example for newer players who will come to think they can outsmart the developers which just wastes everyones time. If you know a drawback then say so, otherwise you're opening the door for clowns like Bro-mo-mista who only want to take these suggestions to page 3-4-5 for their own personal amusement.

Now I agree that this idea is plausible, if the success rate for commands given to a level 7 meta is really only 50%, and that there is definitely room to work with this suggestion SO LONG AS level 7 meta's are not PvP viable in terms of damage output etc. (Though it seems like there are better options for a pvp tamer such as having two smaller pets that use breath weapon attacks, so the PvP aspect may be a moot point. )

What might be a good idea is to have 3 Talismans. One for 10% bonus control, one for 20% bonus control, and one for 30% bonus control.

The first Talisman will be able to be purchased via Dono vendor AND Sink vendor.

The second Talisman is only able to be purchased off of a special vendor that will need to be added that uses a secondary currency which drops off of mobs ONLY if you are equipped with the 1st Talisman, and also in place of gold. So there is a gold drop reduction and added is a special currency. This special currency is able to purchase the 2nd talisman, and possibly a line of Taming related titles.

Same idea basically for the 3rd Talisman, another vendor with another different type of currency, etc etc. This basically creates game diversity, while controlling the gold per hour and also giving endgame players goals/privileges that wont effect the economy. I think farming endless amounts of gold is the kind of boring circumstance we DONT want players to feel they need to do, by adding new currencies and adding that diversity we alleviate this boredom and give endgame players new goals besides gold, while still making gold similar to other templates.

So, say the colors of each talisman are hued, to say, purewhite, charcoal, and blaze. These are the most popular hues for endgame players so it makes sense to color them so they will match players outfits. Charcoal being the cheapest, then whichever for the next two. THIS opens the door for players to actually wear the lesser ones even if they have the higher tier ones, so they can farm and sell the new currencies as well.

I enjoy helping with players suggestions, all I ask is that people PLEASE format them properly so that we can avoid these southern sideshow situations like 5 pages of insults and calling ideas/other players 'stupid' . It does nothing to help this game, which is only as good as the community behind it.

And we have a winner !

Messremb

Grandmaster

Now I agree that this idea is plausible, IF the success rate for commands given to a level 7 meta is really only 50%, and that there is definitely room to work with this suggestion SO LONG AS level 7 meta's are not PvP viable in terms of damage output etc. (Though it seems like there are better options for a pvp tamer such as having two smaller pets that use breath weapon attacks, so the PvP aspect may be a moot point. )

What might be a good idea is to have 3 Character bound Talismans. One for 10% bonus control, one for 20% bonus control, and one for 30% bonus control.

So, say the colors of each talisman are hued, to say, purewhite, charcoal, and blaze. These are the most popular hues for endgame players so it makes sense to color them so they will match players outfits. Charcoal being the cheapest, then whichever for the next two. THIS opens the door for players to actually wear the lesser ones even if they have the higher tier ones, so they can farm and sell the new currencies as well. Of course I see no problem with talisman dyes for these talismans possibly being added as well.

I don't see where you posted the draw backs of your idea?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
And we have a winner !

Thanks ol buddy. I've been doggy-paddling around in the top of the endgame pond for some time now and have developed a good mentality for game balance. Even though I do not run a tamer, I do have compassion for other endgame players who also have suffered decades of boredom before coming to UOF.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I don't see where you posted the draw backs of your idea?

I don't believe there are any, aside from taking a small amount of time I'm sure for adam to develop and test. But since this is such a 'hot topic', I'm sure it has some priority value anyways.

That said, please remember that it's only the responsibility of the poster to post drawbacks if they are aware of them before posting, which in this case is the case.

bradley-

Grandmaster

Don't gotta put me on blast, yo! Not trying to outsmart anybody.. I am posting an idea in the suggestions section of the forums. What is happening though, unfortunately, is people bash and bash and bash the idea instead of doing what you have just done which is give a better alternative or another idea that may help find what I am suggesting..

TheFallen

Grandmaster
"tamers have enough"
"tamers are PvM gods"
"tamers don't need anything else"

If these are what your calling the drawbacks then I go back to the fact just give the control and be done with it. None of these are a good reason so withhold control.

Anyone have a good reason? Anyone?

Messremb

Grandmaster
I don't believe there are any, aside from taking a small amount of time I'm sure for adam to develop and test. But since this is such a 'hot topic', I'm sure it has some priority value anyways.

That said, please remember that it's only the responsibility of the poster to post drawbacks if they are aware of them before posting, which in this case is the case.
Rofl, funny shit.

Let me begin
First issue, introduction of not 1 but 2 additional currencies to a market with 5 current currencies, 2 of which are deemed worthless due to no items of value on the vendors.
Second issue, significant amount of dev timer to accomplish the same thing the op asked for. (implying well the same issues you claim the op glossed over)
Third issue, lack of actual dedication of tamer to achieve. (they could just buy the new currencies from other tamers)

The op idea would require an initial investment of some kind (I suggest PS to help out that market), and some sort of effort (I think killing 50 champs our something like that)

Then I imagine the initial talisman would only provide a small amount off control (5%?) And would increase as it levels.

Also your doggy paddling seems a lot like drowning. Does anyone even know who you are any more?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Truth, Bradley. To give hanesboi a tad bit of credit, he is at least somewhat applying himself to the idea unlike the other naysayers.

Alternative ideas are good when there is a good foundation to build upon, although not necessary in this case.

Way better than just saying "nope"...that's a response reserved for awful ideas to fix something that isn't broken, introduce something completely unreasonable, etc.

*Cough* KAZ *cough*

I think someone started a discussion about wands and jewelry for PvP. Better go check that out.

And you wonder why these things turn into flamefests...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
1) not a drawback. Why does it matter that there are 5 other currencies? This doesn't devalue any of the other coinage, thats a whole diff topic.
2) not a drawback. It may take more time to develop than bradleys OP suggestion but barely any, like I said it's not significant.
3) new currencies are tradeable, yes, it's not a drawback, it's part of the idea. Giving endgame tamers endgame goals outside of gold. Would anyone continue farming the currencies if there was no way to trade it after they got what they wanted off those vendors??

Look, @Messremb I know you're just here to 'back' your buttbuddy Bromomomo but ease up. This is the suggestion forum please don't force moderators to need to involve themselves here it's a waste of their time and everyone elses.

If you're just here to dis, then move the fuck along already.

9a1b008b7b79686218d74e799bae8bb3ed60dff945f39466b637ad14c48cce21.jpg

Bromista

Grandmaster
Must be a weird feeling to not have anyone who agrees with you.

Results in lashing out at anyone who shares the idea of another person in opposition to your idea as "teaming up" and "backing your butt-buddy"

So sensitive. Just say what you came here to say, no need to put on airs...especially if you are going to be contributing to the problem you just outlined.

So bizarre.

Lay off the drugs, kids.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Don't gotta put me on blast, yo! Not trying to outsmart anybody.. I am posting an idea in the suggestions section of the forums. What is happening though, unfortunately, is people bash and bash and bash the idea instead of doing what you have just done which is give a better alternative or another idea that may help find what I am suggesting..

It's basically a call to all veterans to remember to be as constructive as possible at all times. Nothing personal, merely using this as an example. And definitely not saying you were trying to slip the drawbacks past devs, but in an effort to ensure that newer players to UOF don't think they can roll that way, it would save a ton of time for forum mods.

I'll point out that there are forum mods here who also run big guilds and so they have a LOT on their plate already, they shouldn't have to constantly moderate players posts in this forum... Anything we can do to keep things civil here is appreciated, even if it comes in the form of well posted suggestions to avoid the sand-throwing.

Messremb

Grandmaster
1) not a drawback. Why does it matter that there are 5 other currencies? This doesn't devalue any of the other coinage, thats a whole diff topic.
2) not a drawback. It may take more time to develop than bradleys OP suggestion but barely any, like I said it's not significant.
3) new currencies are tradeable, yes, it's not a drawback, it's part of the idea. Giving endgame tamers endgame goals outside of gold. Would anyone continue farming the currencies if there was no way to trade it after they got what they wanted off those vendors??

Look, @Messremb I know you're just here to 'back' your buttbuddy Bromomomo but ease up. This is the suggestion forum please don't force moderators to need to involve themselves here it's a waste of their time and everyone elses.

If you're just here to dis, then move the fuck along already.

9a1b008b7b79686218d74e799bae8bb3ed60dff945f39466b637ad14c48cce21.jpg
Including insults while warning me, that is rich.

1. Additional currencies will end up worthless just like trash, plat, and silver. There is no reason to add them, and they would just be another thing for players to Butch to staff about.

2 you idea has the same issues add op but with several others.

3 without a carrot people Get bored and quit, if they can just buy a talisman with no work how does that help keep people playing?

OP idea is better, let's move on.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Including insults while warning me, that is rich.

What exactly did you take as insulting, the fact that I called you out for only posting here in order to back up Bromista? If you take that as an insult, what exactly does that say about Bromista?? lol!

1. So you're saying that because there are 5 currencies, having 2 more will automatically render the new ones 'worthless'? Why do you think so??

2. Name them.

3. It helps them keep playing because they are happy to have better control over their pet. It also opens the door for them to start earning the new currencies themselves.

Come back when you actually have a drawback, if you can even find one.