Tamer Talisman!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Tamers can't tame 100%.
Mages can cast 100% with scrolls
Healers can heal 100%

Your argument is weak.

It's pretty straightforwardly if there is a balance issue with pets fix it but to not have pets listen makes no sense. It is insane that people are choosing to give up 3m experience grinding to keep there pet level 6. There are a ton of better ways to balance it but when you have maxed out tamers trying not to level their pet there is a problem.

A solution: dungeon 100 % control and pet skills are normal. Out of dungeon 100 % control and all player damage reduced to 75%. These things deserve to be monsters in pvm but should not be actively brought to pvp so hence this solution. Pk can still kill a tamer in d dungeon with the element of surprise and a busy pet but pets would be severely gimped if brought to a pvp fight.

bradley-

Grandmaster
It's pretty straightforwardly if there is a balance issue with pets fix it but to not have pets listen makes no sense. It is insane that people are choosing to give up 3m experience grinding to keep there pet level 6. There are a ton of better ways to balance it but when you have maxed out tamers trying not to level their pet there is a problem.

^ This. I know several people who have gone to (almost) 3m experience and transferred their pet to have it reset to 0. People are actively avoiding it because stage 6 is better than stage 7. The 4th relic spot, high stats, higher skills are not worth the hassle and insanely low control rate...

amonseti

Grandmaster
Well according to Shane, Archers are OP right now as well but still gave them a relic!!!
he did ?? what Relic do you speak of .. hope your not referring to the dexxer relic.. Archers are only good when combined with provo, with out provo archers are fucking useless, unless working with a team that takes aggro away from archer .. no I totally disagree with shane anyways , archers are possibly the best crowd control but thats only when grouped , the relic is totally useless to archers .

amonseti

Grandmaster
As it is right now, people are literally transferring their stage 6 meta to another tamer they trust then transfer it back so that the experience resets and they can stay at stage 6. I understand the point of view of:
"tamers have enough"
"tamers are PvM gods"
"tamers don't need anything else"
"tamers this.."
"tamer that.."
It's obvious that people would rather be able to actually control their pet that they literally spent hours upon hours training and millions upon millions upon even more millions for relics to make them relevant. A meta without relics is just another dragon. We need, and should, be able to control meta dragons 100% at stage 7 and it's ridiculous that we can't. I'm trying to find a way to allow us to do that whether it be a talisman, a relic, a crazy quest for 120 tamers, whatever... It seems like everyone who does not have a tamer constantly bashes those who do. It's very clear that people are actively avoiding stage 7 via transferring pets or buying a new meta egg just to sell it when it gets too high. Just let us control our dragons or listen to the several suggestions that have been made to let us control our dragons.

/end rant........

Yeah well im of the group that thinks Tamers have enough already. The op may have a decent idea, but no Tamers are way to alpha as it is , time to look at other templates for new stuff...

IE Relics (or wards) for crafters where miners can have Tundra ward relics that are capable of summoning earthin revnants that defend the crafter from assults etc .. just a quicky idea off the top of my head , for my point. Lets move on from tamers and think of the rest of the game for just a lil bit.

amonseti

Grandmaster
If you have read ANY of the other countless posts about this topic, you'd realize that 100% isn't absolutely necessary. Right now its about 50% which is insane! 80% would be fine. 90% would be fine. But 50%!??!?! Seriously??
Like wil3r said tame something of lower level if you want a greater chance of control.. not sure what part makes no sense to you actually ..

bradley-

Grandmaster
I don't understand all the tamer hate... Lets do a little breakdown of the requirements for a stage 7 meta dragon..

TIME:
If someone had enough time to farm 100k exp per day (Which 80% of tamers don't..) then it would take 55 DAYS! And that is IF that person can play every single day and also has enough time. That 55 days is not taking into account how long it takes to train taming..

MONEY:
Here is a breakdown of the cost to fully prepare your stage 7 meta dragon:
120 animal lore -- 1m-2m
120 animal taming -- 5m-9m
Meta dragon egg -- 1m-3m
Meta stone -- 2.5m-3m
Quicksilver relic -- 5m-7m
Blood talons relic -- 2m-3m
Molten breath relic -- 2m-3m
Noxious relic -- 2m-3m
That comes out to 20.5m-33m total NOT counting taming skill scrolls or the 105-115 PS for taming & lore..

No other template on UOF takes NEARLY as long to reach max potential and definitely doesn't require that much gold to get there either.

We're only asking for new shit because we want to fix something. A ~50% control rate at 120 taming/lore is ridiculous... We would much rather a quick fix than to waste time creating some crazy quest or coding some complicated talisman.. At least creating something adds more depth to the server for those who are at 120 taming/lore. Personally, I'd rather have a quest to do at 120/120 than to have a silly talisman on my paperdoll but every quest suggestion was swiftly shot down in the past. Every. Single. Tamer. Who has a stage 7 meta stables it after a few days because its not worth it. Why even have the stage 7 meta pets in game if no one will use them?

We have asked to fix the control rate outright.
We have tried suggesting quests for better control.
We have tried suggesting a relic for better control.
Now, I am suggesting a talisman for better control.

Swayze

Grandmaster
This thread is funny. It consists of 10 tamers and 2 non-tamers. Anytime a non-tamer says anything, they get jumped on by the other 10

amonseti

Grandmaster
I don't understand all the tamer hate... Lets do a little breakdown of the requirements for a stage 7 meta dragon..

TIME:
If someone had enough time to farm 100k exp per day (Which 80% of tamers don't..) then it would take 55 DAYS! And that is IF that person can play every single day and also has enough time. That 55 days is not taking into account how long it takes to train taming..

MONEY:
Here is a breakdown of the cost to fully prepare your stage 7 meta dragon:
120 animal lore -- 1m-2m
120 animal taming -- 5m-9m
Meta dragon egg -- 1m-3m
Meta stone -- 2.5m-3m
Quicksilver relic -- 5m-7m
Blood talons relic -- 2m-3m
Molten breath relic -- 2m-3m
Noxious relic -- 2m-3m
That comes out to 20.5m-33m total NOT counting taming skill scrolls or the 105-115 PS for taming & lore..

No other template on UOF takes NEARLY as long to reach max potential and definitely doesn't require that much gold to get there either.

We're only asking for new shit because we want to fix something. A ~50% control rate at 120 taming/lore is ridiculous... We would much rather a quick fix than to waste time creating some crazy quest or coding some complicated talisman.. At least creating something adds more depth to the server for those who are at 120 taming/lore. Personally, I'd rather have a quest to do at 120/120 than to have a silly talisman on my paperdoll but ever quest suggestion was swiftly shot down in the past. Ever. Single. Tamer. Who has a stage 7 meta stables it after a few days because its not worth it. Why even have the stage 7 meta pets in game if no one will use them?

We have asked to fix the control rate outright.
We have tried suggesting quests for better control.
We have tried suggesting a relic for better control.
Now, I am suggesting a talisman for better control.

Your missing one BIG point Meta dragon are all about ENDGAME content they are supposed to take a VERY long time because they ARE ENDGAME and are intended to give you something more to do once the standard aspec of the game is reached .. They are not supposed to be cheep nor quick to complete ..
You have already long completed the tamers Template ,, this meta thing is just fucking gravy .. what I see here is the old adage .. Give an inch and they will want the whole fucking mile and NOW! ..

bradley-

Grandmaster
I think the problem is that the meta dragons were created with the idea in mind of going to 140 animal taming and then the whole server revolted against that idea. Now we can't control the pets at any decent rate... We want a fix and don't really care how it happens.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Mages can't cast 100% at GM
Dexxers can't strike 100% at GM
Healers can't heal 100% at GM
Smiths can't exceptional 100% at GM
Tinkers can't exceptional 100% at GM
Carpenters can't exceptional 100% at GM
Miners can't smelt 100% at GM

... not sure if you see where I'm going with this, so I'll explain. Everything in this game has a chance to fail. Demanding 100% control over your pet because you're high level is just stupid. If you want 100% control of a pet, tame something lower level and level it up. If you want a top tier pet, expect it to hurt a bit.

Think about it this way, dragons are an ancient and proud species. They're intelligent, and powerful. You've trained one since it was just a baby and now it's the most powerful thing on the planet. It then realizes it's been taking orders from a meatsickle it could down in one gulp, but it feels a certain kinship to you because you gave it meat once. So instead of outright killing your ass and doing whatever it wants, it just ignores you.
How is 120 lore/taming = gm any skill?

Your entire argument is moot.

Thanks for trying.

signature field is blank

amonseti

Grandmaster
I think the problem is that the meta dragons were created with the idea in mind of going to 140 animal taming and then the whole server revolted against that idea. Now we can't control the pets at any decent rate... We want a fix and don't really care how it happens.
Ok look at it this way then Level 6 is where you should be ,, if you want to RISK it; dabble in 7.. lets think that the levels are infinate , you find the spot that is comfortable for you .. stay at 6 where its most effective 7 is just another number because there needs to be a cealing somewhere ,, consider 6 the soft cealing.
Say for a moment they did what your suggesting , then a month later we will be seeing post of "lets have a level 8", or "Im done nothing to do in this game anymore who wants my shit" etc etc...

The Dexxer talismans haven't been out long enough to compare them to meta pets. Why don't we give it some time before we do the whole "no fair" thing.

And on a side note, be happy that the devs took the time to even create something for tamers at all. Less QQ, more PEW PEW.

Native

Novice
As a tamer, I don't think we need a talisman of any sort. It's fine as is. The only thing I would change is the recall range for bonded pets. As it stands they will not recall with you if they are a few tiles away, behind a wall, attacking something, etc. I often find that to be annoying and a burden. So there are things with tamers that I would like to see polished, but we don't need buffs or anything... Plenty strong as is.

amonseti

Grandmaster
As a tamer, I don't think we need a talisman of any sort. It's fine as is. The only thing I would change is the recall range for bonded pets. As it stands they will not recall with you if they are a few tiles away, behind a wall, attacking something, etc. I often find that to be annoying and a burden. So there are things with tamers that I would like to see polished, but we don't need buffs or anything... Plenty strong as is.
Here is a totally resonable request and one a CAN support , well not that I dont support the OP its just not time for what he is suggesting we need to move on and later mabey look at expanding the template in the future, there are other templates that need love too..

TheFallen

Grandmaster
First off this is not asking for MORE stuff this is asking to refine what is already in this game.

2 questions:
1. What other anything in this game do you progress / train / earn to only have the final result be worse than some point prior?
2. How does having a meta pet listen negatively affect anyone else? (99% of responses to this are handled in the fact that the pet is just a dragon in pvp)

Can you give an answer to these two questions? No.

So what tamers are asking for is to actually gain something as they level as is the case in any other skill or object.

Aside: Why were dragons 93.6 and not 100 when uo started? Because you are supposed to have control if you invest the skill points and time to train.

amonseti

Grandmaster
First off this is not asking for MORE stuff this is asking to refine what is already in this game.

2 questions:
1. What other anything in this game do you progress / train / earn to only have the final result be worse than some point prior?
Not much yet i suspect the Dexxer Relics will have similar issues once people start getting them in the high levels.
The only reason there is not much is because tamers were the first to get ENDGAME content .. and this is the way end game content should be . nearly impossible to finish.
If you allow the devs to spend less time commited to tamers this will change ... your comparing an advanced system with added features to other systems that are not advance nor have added features yet..

2. How does having a meta pet listen negatively affect anyone else? (99% of responses to this are handled in the fact that the pet is just a dragon in pvp)
No one said it did.. what I am saying is this is working as it should its an ENDGAME feature please refrer to previous posts of mine that have already sumarized this.

I have answerd both your question please stop assuming things .. this here is one of the contrubuting problems with some tamers is a total lack of scope and visions and not being able to see a bigger picture..

So what tamers are asking for is to actually gain something as they level as is the case in any other skill or object.
You have already completed a tamer template when you reached level 100 or 120 .. Meta is not really part of a template it is a special ENDGAME feature (have i said that enough yet??) that added to your already completed template .

Aside: Why were dragons 93.6 and not 100 when uo started? Because you are supposed to have control if you invest the skill points and time to train.
This was based off an original system that did NOT have an ENDGAME (there it is again) addition ... now in the end game you have something to keep you going . Perfact endgame content would have no cap and could go on forever.

Please see my responce in quote above hilighted in programmer green

Native

Novice

2 questions:

I look at both 1 and 2 as kindof the same question/concern. I really like the idea stated above somewhere. Think about it like risk reward. Dragons will obey, which is great. But at the same time dragons are not as good as metas. At a certain point doesn't it become a risk vs. reward thing? If you want it to listen keep it at a lower stage. If you want a bigger stronger more BA one, then upgrade and deal with the consequences.

Stronger pet vs. less obedient. If you think about it logically, if you have a baby grizzly bear as a real life pet, as it grows and becomes stronger it'll become less obedient. A meta is the only example of a pet that actually grows and evolves. In my mind it works as it should, it works as a real animal would. You have to tame dragons, you don't have to tame metas, they are born "tame." However, that "tame" would be variable as it grows. A dragon is already grown when you tame it.