Tell me what to do! Going Insane

KillaKalan

Master
I have read a good amount of taming articles but would like a current successful tamers perspective. I am at 88.9 taming and have hit a brick wall. Solid brick with more brick behind it. I dont mind taking for 1 hour to get .1 gain. But when I hit 2 hours, I've given up. Tried bulls, imps, great harts. What will get me that .1 gain im looking for today?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

KillaKalan

Master
I dont know if they are retamed because their names aren't changed. I haven't tried to go back to hell cats and lava lizards. I will try that.

KillaKalan

Master
At what point can i own a nightnare and dragon? I need some motivation.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
def do small hell cats..then lava lizards at 92 to gm..plus u get dungeon bonus for gains

and i believe its 95 to own a drag...iirc

Last edited by a moderator:

KillaKalan

Master
Thanks for the advice.
If i tame naked on one leg does it help with gains? Or any other tips to make it less painful?

Venomane

Master
Make sure you eat and try to think of all the Reds and griefers you get to look forward to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KillaKalan

Master
At one point i had 7 taming scrolls but i thoguht they were too valuable to use and ended up giving them away before i took a 5 month uo vaca. Worst mistake of my life.

Bromista

Grandmaster
At what point can i own a nightnare and dragon? I need some motivation.

Keep chugging to GM for best control of mare and dragon. Technically 95.1 is all you need for a mare and 93.9 for a dragon.

Skip the bulls. Bulls are a headache because you never know how many times they have been tamed and they aren't as "reliable" as taming the aggressive dungeon spawn because you can just wipe the spawn and be sure that everything you tame is fresh. Taming dungeon spawn is easy with peacemaking as I'm sure you know, so stick to that route for the gain bonus.

Little known fact: imps give great gains at 95+ if you aren't gaining well from large cats and hounds give imps a try.

I have read a good amount of taming articles but would like a current successful tamers perspective. I am at 88.9 taming and have hit a brick wall. Solid brick with more brick behind it. I dont mind taking for 1 hour to get .1 gain. But when I hit 2 hours, I've given up. Tried bulls, imps, great harts. What will get me that .1 gain im looking for today?

If I were you I'd get myself two drakes and hunt Titans and other mobs that drop SS scrolls/gold once you hit 89 skill to either buy Taming SS scrolls or get lucky and get a SS scroll from a drop.

Once I hit 90 Taming that's what I did but you only need 84 taming I believe to control Drakes. Taming shit for gains past 90 takes a patience and level of dedication I just don't have. You can make 250k a day easy with two drakes so you're looking at a Taming SS a day you could purchase. It'll take a week or two but I'd much rather be hunting than Taming nonstop.

Good news is once you hit GM Taming and Lore, you can easily control a dragon and WW. I had no problem controlling mine, plus Lore Power Scrolls are cheap as shit so you can get up to 115 Lore with no problem making it even easier to control a dragon/WW combo.

Seriously though save yourself the headache and your sanity, grab yourself two Drakes with max stats or close and start hunting Titans and mid to high end mobs to buy Taming SS scrolls or get lucky and loot them yourself .

I also highly recommend you have GM Veteranary/Musicianship/Provo in order to make hunting that much easier and faster with the drakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if you need help taming two drakes I'll be happy to log onto my tamer and we'll go find you two in Destard anytime today or tomorrow. I'd be happy to give my my Masta/Blasta combo drakes for free but I already gave them away a few months ago to a fellow guild member :[

Or if you know of someone selling two I'd be happy to give you the 40k or so to buy it from them.

Just holla back on this thread or send me a message and let me know. I'm available right now or this evening/tonight and tomorrow morning/mid afternoon so I'll be looking to kill time!

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
And a little known fact....
shown skill level to tame
shown real level for bonding.
Cant bond Mare/Bear til 95.1 or (2)

I'm at 94.9 I tame almost everything that moves. I dedicated the time to at least gain .5-1.0 everyday. Im sure as I close in on GM that target will become unobtainable and I'll just have to settle for what.
Right now I gain the best off retamed bulls and great harts, regular bears and grizzlies.
And I understand the need for motivation, luckily I have some great guild members I've been hooked up with 2 young dragons, nightmare and a Bear.
But stay at it. Slave to the grind!!

KillaKalan

Master
b34ad4f0a2db4d0ed58e50a5312f3ec2.jpg
sweet baby jesus i got a gain in 20minutes my show real skill is 86 so i think going back to small cats is what i have to do.