Tell me what to do! Going Insane

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Im sitting at 97.4
And just to help mix up the mechanics I still retame brown n black bears, all the wolves. Along with my focus of bulls grizzs and gharts.

lollo

Grandmaster
They must have changed how fast you gain because I spent 2 weeks inside of Shame taming Scorpions for at least 3 to 4 hours a day in order to get from 60 to the low 80's.

I'd be lucky if I gained 2.5 points in taming in a 4 hours session. And that was with pre-tamed scorpions the majority of the time as there was usually a large group of us in there.

This going from 50 - 80 in 10 hours is just mind blowing if true now.

Pre tames were probably your problem. It's too early for pre tamed scorpions at 60-70 taming. You must've been failing a lot. I got my last gain from a pre tamed scorpion at 96. something, I can imagine why you didn't gain at 70......

Maybe it's because i play during Euro times and i was getting fresh scorpions all the time, but it was really a breeze.

Pre tames were probably your problem. It's too early for pre tamed scorpions at 60-70 taming. You must've been failing a lot. I got my last gain from a pre tamed scorpion at 96. something, I can imagine why you didn't gain at 70......

Maybe it's because i play during Euro times and i was getting fresh scorpions all the time, but it was really a breeze.

No I barely failed at all actually.

I was gaining jut not nearly at the rate that's being described in this thread.

lollo

Grandmaster
Im sitting at 97.4
And just to help mix up the mechanics I still retame brown n black bears, all the wolves. Along with my focus of bulls grizzs and gharts.

Got some really unexpected gain from pre tamed black bears in the high 90s, too hahaha

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
They must have changed how fast you gain because I spent 2 weeks inside of Shame taming Scorpions for at least 3 to 4 hours a day, at least 4 days out of the week, in order to get from 60 to the low 80's.

This was probably around July last year sometime.

I'd be lucky if I gained 2.5 points in taming in a 4 hours session. And that was with pre-tamed scorpions the majority of the time as there was usually a large group of us in there.

This going from 50 - 80 in 10 hours is just mind blowing if true now.

It may have picked up some I guess. Idk. But with me gaining a point per hour....10 hours from 70-80.

Well, dunno then. I did this about 1 month ago and was gaining like crazy.

Yeah that's why I'm thinking they increased the gain rates.

Like I said this was last year sometime. I can't remember exactly when but I do know it was around the time the shard went down for almost a day and they had to revert to an earlier save point due the world saves becoming corrupted. I remember because I went from low 80's to mid to high 70's with the revert and was like fffuuuuucccckkkkkkk all that work lost :lol: They even increased the gain rate for the weekend as a sorry for the shard crashing and revert.

Even with the increased weekend gain rate I wasn't gaining at the rate being described in this thread :lol:

Although it could also be I just had shit luck :shrug: I only hardcore tamed for a 3 week period, 4 to 5 days a week, to get to 90 and when I got to around 90 I just ate Taming Scrolls because I was about to blow my brains out from taming.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I think if you take a break from pvp and dedicate all your playtime to taming you can probably do it in 4-5 days? 50-80 is seriously a breeze. You can do that in 10 hours maybe?

"Sorry guys, no PVP today, I need to hit 78 taming before I goto bed"

-something I will never say

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Yea I really should've started him during that last Skill Weekend but I stayed on a UO binge that weekend and hammered out all my crafters.

After Gluttony reaches GM Taming the shard would have Zerg Groups of Bull/Wolves/Bears roaming around ganking the fuck out of players casting Flamestrike via scroll after learning to PvP from him.

KillaKalan

Master
Can an experienced tamer tell me some taming etiquette? If im taming scopions do i kill them as i tame them? Rename and release? What is so good about pre tamed?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Can an experienced tamer tell me some taming etiquette? If im taming scopions do i kill them as i tame them? Rename and release? What is so good about pre tamed?

Definitely re-name and release if it's a fresh animal.

Pre-tamed animals are more difficult to tame and give much better gains than freshly spawned animals.

So re-naming it allows other tamers who come across is to know it's been tamed and releasing it gives them the opportunity to re-tame it for better gains.

If you ever come across re-named animals you should always try and tame them if they are part of your animal group for gains.

The only problem is the taming skill required to tame an animal gets exponentially higher the more times it's been re-tamed and released so it will get to the point that after 3 or 4 people have tamed/released the animal it will become virtually impossible to tame again thereby making it useless.

When I was in Shame taming scorpions with a group we would always put part of our name and the previous owners name in the box, if there was one already in the box, so we would know how many people have tamed the scorpion. Once three or more names were in the box we knew to kill it.

So be mindful of attempting to re-tame previously tamed animals that have been released. If you find you're not being successful after 5 or more tries and you normally have no difficulty taming a fresh animal of the same type; you may want to consider killing it and moving on because it's probably been maxed out.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillaKalan

Master
I tamed scorps in shame for a few minutes yesterday and got .1 on the first scorp (90.4showreal 88.4) and then i tamed ten more scorps with no fails. Respawn takes too long. Is it worth it to go there and leave and go back every 29 minutes?
I remember the reason I stopped do8ng scoros was because of the success rate. Hardly ever fail?
Thats why i went to small cats and imps.
Im still confused on what I should tame for the best gains at 88.4