The Current Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexington

Grandmaster
You guys talk about an idea of the powerscrolls decaying, which might sound like a good idea and would help with inflation, but that just give people more of a reason to not do champs. As statted, people aren't very happy to see 105 carpentry in their bag or 110 tailoring etc. They do not go for anything except for the chance at the next raffle. I don't here anyone in TS excited about any of their scrolls except when they get any 120s or 115 taming. Put a decay on it and they will hate getting a 105 carpentry even more. It's a very rare chance to getting anything valuable and worth it. Yes, making the scrolls decay would up their value, but not enough to make champs worth it.

A decay timer will drive the prices down. Sellers will be forced to sell at reasonable prices rather than holding out. Flip side is... I don't think it would be a great to implement a decay system without a scroll turn in system. There needs to be an option for the owner if the scroll doesn't sell with in the decay timer.

Sticky Whitefly

Apprentice
Decay isn't the answer. If I finally got a 120 PS that I had been waiting forever at a chance to get. And had not even started that character due to the fact that I can't afford a 6million gold scroll. I would be a bit pissed if I get half built and it decays or I have to sell it and will probably never see another one. Just my thought.

More options to either combine them or spend them would be nice.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Decay isn't the answer. If I finally got a 120 PS that I had been waiting forever at a chance to get. And had not even started that character due to the fact that I can't afford a 6million gold scroll. I would be a bit pissed if I get half built and it decays or I have to sell it and will probably never see another one. Just my thought.

More options to either combine them or spend them would be nice.

This is a great point that I never thought of. However the other side to the coin is you could sell that PS for lots of gold. Either way, great point.

Garillo

Master
One thing I've really enjoyed about my time here is the economy being healthy from resource sinks. It's an isolated economy, so infinitely spawning resources can quickly lead to inflation. Inflation tends to outpace interest and power scrolls are no exception. It would be nice to see a sink, other than raffles, for power scrolls so they retain value.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Building on the combine item for scrolls:

5 120= a new 120 (can't be the same as current target, ie tailor wont change to tailor)

Make crafting PS only drop through bods. (Helps make spawn scrolls better, and if other suggested ideas go through, helps crafting)

Give each crafting profession a recipe to create the combine deed for powerscrolls. One combine per day, per tradeskill, per character. (A step forward for pure crafters)

Mining makes one, tailor, smith,carp etc etc

Take a look at the brit library quest added in... Mondains legacy? Tweak it so it fits our server in terms of rewards.

I couldn't be more against PS Decay though. Terrible idea

Sent from my SM-G900P

Last edited by a moderator:

Swayze

Grandmaster
Combat related scrolls has nothing to do with the topic here. The topic is about the value of PS as being worthless - where its one of the best rewards to get in this game.

I don't love his suggestion fully... I think it needs to be more like 2 105s, 1 110 = 115 or even more. That suggestion would be way too easy and make 120 scrolls way too easy to get.

I agree with this. I know I read a suggestion with the same Idea a while back. Maybe for 120s, You need 4 105's,one each of 110 and 115 and 2k of blank scrolls to create one? We still have to make 120s hard to get. maybe for 115s would be two 105's, one 110 and 500 blank scrolls? I don't know. Just throwing an idea out.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I don't love his suggestion fully... I think it needs to be more like 2 105s, 1 110 = 115 or even more. That suggestion would be way too easy and make 120 scrolls way too easy to get.

I think your original idea with mine would work really well. Especially if there were other ingredients involved. I'm thinking galleon idea here. How it takes craftables from various skills to make one boat. Could do the same thing with the ps. Plus the combination deed off a gold sink. Forces players to be well rounded and try new things with what seems like would be minimal coding changes.

Fattson

Grandmaster
One thing I've really enjoyed about my time here is the economy being healthy from resource sinks. It's an isolated economy, so infinitely spawning resources can quickly lead to inflation. Inflation tends to outpace interest and power scrolls are no exception. It would be nice to see a sink, other than raffles, for power scrolls so they retain value.

See. That's what's so awesome about uo. Miners, wood choppers, and leather gatherers burn out faster than people come to the game so the market for these resources has always been amazing. Fastest way to a mil on uof is still through mining...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilike

Grandmaster
Combat related scrolls has nothing to do with the topic here. The topic is about the value of PS as being worthless - where its one of the best rewards to get in this game.
I touched on a few suggestions and added onto the idea about combining scrolls. Combat related scrolls is just another suggestion.

But I removed that part for you.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Kilike

Grandmaster
See. That's what's so awesome about uo. Miners, wood choppers, and leather gatherers burn out faster than people come to the game so the market for these resources has always been amazing. Fastest way to a mil on uof is strill through mining...
So glad I find all of that so relaxing lol. Boring but relaxing.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Status
Not open for further replies.