Tone down Energy Vortexes (EVS)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
One further comment on the so called hidden agendas of posters in the suggestion forum. Seems that often the case in UO post 99 is that Sync PvPers will always try to eliminate any curveballs that they can, because that's really the only thing that can get them killed (if all goes well)

If I had to pick an example of it, I would probably choose this thread. Not only are the biggest supporters merely semi-capable in the field at best, but any time they are presented with a reasonable counter argument they completely ignore it.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I think you should stick to exploiting the game. That's really all you've ever been good at besides throwing people under the bus to save your own ass.

This debate thing is clearly not your game.

Shake

Master
seems you are the one with the hidden agenda. You asked for rational and I gave you rational.

And then you flexed and said you can beat me in a fight.

Dem debating skills doe
Read his first post, he said almost mount speed. Whether they run mount speed or close to mount speed is irrelevant as it's too fast either way.

Reason 1: because they have always moved at that speed, it's been the default since UO came out.

Reason 2: because you can easily offscreen them and dispel them, and if you can't handle that then you at least can dedicate a team mate to using mass dispel scrolls.
Dedicate a teammate to dispelling.... This is exactly what you have to do, it's pathetic and no fun for anyone.

You are the number 1 abuser of these EV's so you're obviously against this change. Their are so many ways to troll in this game and you picked one that isn't even funny. GG.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Read his first post, he said almost mount speed. Whether they run mount speed or close to mount speed is irrelevant as it's too fast either way.

WELL if you think it's so irrelevant then why don't we boost EV's to the same speed as mounted players and see how that works out?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I think you'll probably find it much more difficult to deal with them at actual mounted speed, since you will then be unable to offscreen them at all and will only be able to survive by jumping over a guardline, into a house or onto a boat else death. That's not really anyones vision of good PvP nor is it a reflection of current UOF PvP.

For the future, if you have to resort to being overly dramatic like this then there might be balance issues with your idea.

Shake

Master
WELL if you think it's so irrelevant then why don't we boost EV's to the same speed as mounted players and see how that works out?
Go ahead. Every team should have a person dedicated to dispelling right? Give EV's warhammer damage too please.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Man if there was cool rewards like meta eggs back when I ran a big pvm guild then I probably would have recruited a player who was sub par at PvP and devoted them to doing exactly that for whenever babethoven came around.

Not only would it help that player see the inner workings of the activity (champs/rdas) and prepared them for bigger group responsibilities, but also would have increased profits for the group as well.

I see no reason why you can't do this now if it's such a big deal. It's your own responsibility to cover your ass, not Adams. If you want to change dynamics that have existed in UO for almost 2 decades then it's also your responsibility to provide solid reasoning for why to do so.

You can sit here imagining that I care about the future state of EV's, I don't. Just here for debates sake. In honesty, it already seems to me that 3 ago, they already were nerfed in terms of users stun punch success rate to reflect my personal abuse of EV scrolls in the field.

But that's just conjecture so take it or leave it, I can't provide any evidence. But it seemed like the success rate of stunpunch with greater than 1 follower was nerfed semi-recently thus making them far less powerful and almost useless already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
I have been exposed to a lottttttttttttttt of 'dish it out but can't take it' lately.

I can handle this.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Why cant people have a reasonable debate? EVs are pretty stupid how fast they move. 80% mounted speed is stupid. A player on foot has little to 0 chance to escape. Easy option for PK's. EVs shouldn't be used for PVP, they should move at 50-80% unmounted speed. Thats my 2 cents worth anyway. Sorry I've interrupted your argument, yous can go back to calling each other names now.

Shini

Master
The fact that this thread made it to page 4 worries me ... @_@

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
@Shini you haven't been around very long : )

when we're throwing down smileys that's when you know it's getting serious

@Smokey McCallum getting tired of seeing ''is stupid'' as the basis for arguments. Although reasonably this is the internet so there might actually be some 7th grade students in here, which makes it at least semi-understandable that it will come up once in a while.

There's already a valid counter argument anyways, that non-mounted players should know better than to step out of town without a mount on a mounted shard. Horses are cheap, you can buy 50 taming and tame them for free at the stables.

Maybe what we could do is have mounts wander around, and if they bump into a player that has 0 followers, that horse will ''fall in love'' with the player rendering it able to be mounted. I'd be down with making getting mounts a little easier for those players who can't quite figure it out on their own.

The rest of your post was purely ''this should be this way'' opinions, which is fine, but when you start by saying something is just plain stupid then you're just bringing your credibility down a notch. Jus' sayin.