Unbless All Spellbooks

TyraeL!

Master
Also, paperdolls should be unblessed. If you die, someone else gets your paperdoll and anything else with it. You'd be unable to equip anything at all or even access your options and in-game macros until you purchase a new paperdoll.

New paperdolls will be sold exclusively at the grotto on a vendor that stands in the middle of no less than 5 paragon ancient wyrms, and they will be sold for 10mil a piece. Also, money will not automatically be removed from your bank. You have to find a way to get the 10mil there.

2c96417e5a146ce0010c941ec483bb9e.jpg

Capt Cid

Apprentice
The only reason I read these posts is for the shit talk.. It is hilarious. We all know that they will never be unblessed, while it could be nice to see the risk vs reward increase, there are too many carebears that would complain. I'm just happy that this game isn't some mickey mouse WOW type game yet... The blessing of all the gear and stuff on ur character, people wouldn't even care if they died anymore. All I see on the forums is make it easier to farm, harder to pk, harder to steal (why the fuck did we need more safe trading areas?) And definitely harder to find house space... Rants and flames was definitely better than this suggestion bs you guys come up with.

halygon

Grandmaster
Not sure if this is a true suggestion or not.

Unblessing spell books would be pretty ugly. It would impact literally every single player on the shard, not just mages. The majority of dexxors also have magery and use reagents.

Newbied (blessed) spellbooks help everyone and there is literally no downside to keeping them as is.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Not sure if this is a true suggestion or not.

Unblessing spell books would be pretty ugly. It would impact literally every single player on the shard, not just mages. The majority of dexxors also have magery and use reagents.

Newbied (blessed) spellbooks help everyone and there is literally no downside to keeping them as is.

They should AT LEAST have durability loss just like any other item.

Scribe is under valued crafting skill.

Mages should suffer durability loss just like dexrs.

TyraeL!

Master
They should AT LEAST have durability loss just like any other item.

Scribe is under valued crafting skill.

Mages should suffer durability loss just like dexrs.

Well, fella, scribes have always been undervalued. Always. They're undervalued because their services aren't as valuable as other craftsmen, ESPECIALLY on this shard where you can't craft slayer spellbooks and shit. Blacksmiths have slayer weapons and armor, tailors have leather, bowyers have bows and carps have typical deco bullshit and q-staves. All aforementioned weapons can be crafted as slayers - a particularly sought after type of weapon depending on the slayer type. Naturally, they are valued much higher than spellbooks and runebooks and scrolls and BOD books that offer little more than the obvious.

Inscription has never been a huge money-maker nor considered a very valuable trade skill. They exist only because it's necessary. People make scribes for convenience mainly, so they don't have to go hunting for a vendor that sells books and scrolls.

The scribe belongs towards the bottom of the trade skill totem pole.

87f50cdfd86c6c2c344f98f985f4fc0b.jpg

bane

Master
Inscription has never been a huge money-maker
This isn't actually true. The profit margin on EV, Gate, Recall, and Flamestrike is very very good and all your materials can be bought from vendors. If you don't hustle and get PvP guilds to bulk order scrolls you won't make money as fast as a slayer weapon vendor but you won't have to sink very much money to stock your vendor either. It isn't very hard to mass produce scrolls, runebooks, or full spellbooks. When I was crazy enough to run vendors I made 900k a week in profit from the scribe goods. It has been awhile so things may have changed.

They should add limited use craftable slayer spellbooks or slayer scrolls in though (maybe for a 120 inscription). Then things start getting interesting.

TyraeL!

Master
This isn't actually true. The profit margin on EV, Gate, Recall, and Flamestrike is very very good and all your materials can be bought from vendors. If you don't hustle and get PvP guilds to bulk order scrolls you won't make money as fast as a slayer weapon vendor but you won't have to sink very much money to stock your vendor either. It isn't very hard to mass produce scrolls, runebooks, or full spellbooks. When I was crazy enough to run vendors I made 900k a week in profit from the scribe goods. It has been awhile so things may have changed.

They should add limited use craftable slayer spellbooks or slayer scrolls in though (maybe for a 120 inscription). Then things start getting interesting.

Just because the profit margin is good doesn't mean the net profit is actually worth the trouble. What you referenced is akin to the old school newbie money-making scheme for tailors that involved making 8 billion fancy shirts and selling them back to the tailor for 23gp per. Not to mention the time invested in making the scrolls themselves, gathering regs, waiting on meditating for mana, etc etc, really makes the whole experience not at all worth it in my opinion, and all weighs heavily into my contention that inscription simply isn't that big a money maker. Even with smithy and carp you can just buy your materials (as 95% of people do) and macro away. With inscription you can find player run vendors selling regs and MAYBE blank scrolls (probably not) but they'll be more expensive than the aforementioned store bought materials you referenced. Overall, when considering the time and effort put into being a scribe, on top of the not-so-impressive net profits, it really isn't a great money-making trade skill. Certainly not when compared to others.

To make anywhere near what you claimed to make on your scribe vendor, you'd basically be a full time scribe. And that just sounds awful.

AssHat

Grandmaster
pretty sure this is how most pvp,pk templates would start out:
Stealing-steal that spell book, mandrake, aids
then just pick how you want to pk the person lmao
para blows
concus blows
purple pots
tamer
stun
list goes on and on... first everyone says "just recall out" or "one of 10 other famous UOF get over quotes" to be safe and avoid pks, you want to take that away from everyone? AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

dobber

Grandmaster
pretty sure this is how most pvp,pk templates would start out:
Stealing-steal that spell book, mandrake, aids
then just pick how you want to pk the person lmao
para blows
concus blows
purple pots
tamer
stun
list goes on and on... first everyone says "just recall out" or "one of 10 other famous UOF get over quotes" to be safe and avoid pks, you want to take that away from everyone? AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Isn't this already what happens to dexxers and their weapons? runebooks would still work

dobber

Grandmaster
all you PVP mages talk so much shit about people being pussies when you yourselves really just want your own trammel

bane

Master
Just because the profit margin is good doesn't mean the net profit is actually worth the trouble. What you referenced is akin to the old school newbie money-making scheme for tailors that involved making 8 billion fancy shirts and selling them back to the tailor for 23gp per. Not to mention the time invested in making the scrolls themselves, gathering regs, waiting on meditating for mana, etc etc, really makes the whole experience not at all worth it in my opinion, and all weighs heavily into my contention that inscription simply isn't that big a money maker. Even with smithy and carp you can just buy your materials (as 95% of people do) and macro away. With inscription you can find player run vendors selling regs and MAYBE blank scrolls (probably not) but they'll be more expensive than the aforementioned store bought materials you referenced. Overall, when considering the time and effort put into being a scribe, on top of the not-so-impressive net profits, it really isn't a great money-making trade skill. Certainly not when compared to others.

To make anywhere near what you claimed to make on your scribe vendor, you'd basically be a full time scribe. And that just sounds awful.
I was and I did 99% afk but yeah you tie

It took me two breaks from UOF to realize that I have much more fun being comfortably poor than being rich but macroing 24/7 on multiple accounts to stock my vendors and never actually play the game.

Now I am poor but have a lot of fun playing with a really great group of people.

TyraeL!

Master
Really though, I think it would be absolutely hilarious if this were added in:

Certain monsters' abilities and certain players' spells would affect your user interface. An energy bolt would remove a random spell icon you might have out and ready to go. A paralyze would close your minimap. A poison would relocate your paperdoll to the very center of your game window, obscuring vision for a short time.

Make it happen.

db593c139b2369e5356199ef85d67d92.gif

Duck Face

Grandmaster
mages definitely use potions! My point is that dexrs use way more of them in PvM scenarios. We pretty much drain a refresh keg before hitting the dungeons.
lies. I burn through tons of kegs during an invasion/champ on my meta mage. You aren't playing the mage correctly if you aren't potted up 100% of the time.