Weapons with properties?

Cheapsuit

Master
Can we get weapons with fireball and lighting to even the playing field with mages? I'm pretty sure I'll be flamed like crazy for this suggestion.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
to even the field with mages? there is no reason a dexxer should lose to a solo mage with bandies+ magery.

+ some of them wep props are super gay like ghouls touch......

halygon

Grandmaster
to even the field with mages? there is no reason a dexxer should lose to a solo mage with bandies+ magery.

+ some of them wep props are super gay like ghouls touch......
If you offscreen its a no brainer you should win as a dexxor. If you stay on-screen with the mage, then it is a fairly even fight - assuming the dexxor and mage are equally skilled (and he doesn't run away).

wreckognize

Grandmaster
11 misses in a row lol versus equal weapon skill is what ive noticed, and offscreening doesn't work on a dexie if you're under fire from two alcys chasing you throwing pots

and really im not the only one either. what it comes down to is the numbers, only a GM can know what they look like in actuality.

It's easy to say ''i do well on my dexie'' well and maybe this is true, maybe you're lucky compared to most. I know I ensure my weapons are max durability and i still see large miss streaks even at max dura, well fed, thirst quenched and gm weapon skill.

What I've resorted to is making sure I hit my alts at my house until i miss a bunch of times in a row, then sit him idle until I go out looking for a fight, and tbh it's worked out pretty well doing so.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Until you swish 6 times in a row and the Mage get off a 3 spell combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

exactly. like im saying, try to get past the giant miss streak on your own alt before going out to fight. It might just be conjecture, but it really seems like it's been working. this of course doesnt help dexies in tournaments, since u often get pulled into the next fight right after you win the match, so you don't have time to go to your house and get thru all the whiffs, which seem to be programmed to happen every 12 or so swings.

It's supposed to be a 50/50 chance to hit or miss, and sure, that does mean you could miss 1000 times in a row. But it really never works out that way, not as often as it's been happening here on uof in the last few months.

Im going to try and do some simple testing with max dura weps against equal weapon skill fighters and i'll post the results, to see if there's any merit to what I'm suspecting here.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I remember having a silver vanq with lightning back in the day. That was kind of cool to play with till the charges ran out. They weren't around too long after I started.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
exactly. like im saying, try to get past the giant miss streak on your own alt before going out to fight. It might just be conjecture, but it really seems like it's been working. this of course doesnt help dexies in tournaments, since u often get pulled into the next fight right after you win the match, so you don't have time to go to your house and get thru all the whiffs, which seem to be programmed to happen every 12 or so swings.

It's supposed to be a 50/50 chance to hit or miss, and sure, that does mean you could miss 1000 times in a row. But it really never works out that way, not as often as it's been happening here on uof in the last few months.

Im going to try and do some simple testing with max dura weps against equal weapon skill fighters and i'll post the results, to see if there's any merit to what I'm suspecting here.

Summary: I'm a * and dont know how computer programming works.

it is called 50/50 for a reason. it is not called 1/1. learn how probabilities work. also eating and drinking have absolutely no effect on anything AT ALL, except to restore some stam.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it is called 50/50 for a reason. it is not called 1/1. learn how probabilities work. also eating and drinking have absolutely no effect on anything AT ALL, except to restore some stam.

actually on UO:F eating and drinking are related to both hit chance and skill gain. Don't trust stratics or uoguide when it comes to UO:F and make sure you're not getting your information from other freeshards sites either.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
for those new players who don't know, the UO:F code actually existed as 2 other shards before it became UO:F. that means countless developers have tampered with it since it was stock runuo. You can only imagine how many things have been altered since then. You really just need to do your own testing to find out how things work here. Or you can take my word for it.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i know it doesnt work but i still always eat before i attempt anything haha. if i fail alot of spells, before i craft shit if i whiff alot with weps.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
HMMMM....WHO TO TRUST?

umm probably the veteran who's been here longer.

if you don't eat you fizzle gate travel more than twice in a row, for starters. test it for yourself if you don't believe me.

on a full stomach you will never fail 7th circle more than twice in a row.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
and let's be honest, the same gm who was caught cheating in the giant event was using a mage strictly. is it that hard to believe he put something in the code to make dexies, his primary competition, miss more often? do you really think anyone is checking to make sure he didnt?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
umm probably the veteran who's been here longer.

if you don't eat you fizzle gate travel more than twice in a row, for starters. test it for yourself if you don't believe me.

on a full stomach you will never fail 7th circle more than twice in a row.

Yes... lets trust you, a scrub who is known for quitting when house hiding was nerfed, vs @eppy