West Brit Bank Situation

Akillah

Grandmaster
60722861.jpg

Lazenby

Adept
They maybe should consider adding another couple banks, or maybe make one of the very dead towns a safe area with lots of guards? Even add some kind of tax there to pay for mercenary guards or whatnot so it makes sense? I am not for making the game Trammel by any stretch, I was literally brokenhearted when I learned you can't loot houses here! Well in the sense that you can't pick up someones key and then loot their house while they chase you saying OooOooO. That being said, I don't think a larger area than the laggy brit bank would hurt the game too much. Some people would go there and afk, sure. Also, some may go there to do trades...but people are still all around with stuff to steal. Brit is too crowded, would love to see more diversity in where people bank and stuff. Most of the towns are just ghost towns!

In pre-trammel the guard zones didn't allow reds and they were much harsher than now, so don't say it is trammel for a town to be the way it was in UO BEFORE TRAMMEL. Again, In original Felucia the guard zones were not like UOForever, so to imply that using the original Felucia ruleset is somehow Trammel is beyond ludicrous...

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I agree with @Blaine the Gypsy totally. Everyone wishes to have a sense of security when trading, perhaps that can be translated into a sense of entitlement and with every passing year this is made more apparent with elements implemented to cater for this. The safe area in Brit bank is actually not a bad idea in the sense it makes Britain really busy, even when off peak, the issue is that these bloody zones are a complete scourge to the game.

Why not take advantage of trading and implement another method for safe trading? Why not implement a deed purchased from bankers which bless the item for a short period of time allowing safe trading that way? You could even make the deed only usable in banks across Sosaria and if someone blesses the item and walks out, it automatically becomes unblessed?

I know, this will not go down well with probably 99% of the server, but as it stands the idea really needs to be tinkered with and making the roof a safe zone also, well, while you are at, you may as well make Britain a complete safe zone..

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
I agree to ppl who suggested to make the roof also safe zone. This should solve the issue for now. I believe there r a long list of new items and more urgent defects the dev need to implement. The safe trading part is working fine now. The issue is lack of space. If it's not broken then why change the code. Everytime engineers change code it requires min amount of unit testing and this shard is in short staff as is.

The bottom line is we are requesting for a quick fix with min to no code change that will increase the amount of safe zone space. If code would not work on roof and has to be inside a building then may be safe zone ebb as well? If a small area is too crowded and too many actions going on at the same time, it bounds to have performance issues sooner or later, and I have been experiencing little lagging around wbb every now and then [emoji9]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LSDjay

Grandmaster
I dont care much for a safe zone at all. Though i do think there should be a way to make safe trades, as theres to much multimillion gp items around, and u dont want to get multi flamestriked while ur selling a relic or any item thats worth alot.

There could be broker npc's, have a few of them in brit bank or where ever. Click the npc, select the person u want to make a trade with, then target the item you want to sell (can target your bankbox ), type in a price u want for it. Then the person you want to make a trade with, will get the gump " do you agree with purchasing item x from player y for price z " then the item wil be delivered to the persons bankbox instantly.

The Broker npc's could charge a fee of whatever% of the cost of the item beeing sold, and hoppa safe and easy deal, and no "real safe-zone".

Can even have 1 "broker npc " at every bank, so then brit bank wont fill up on people waiting in line.

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
I can't even run by the bank anymore or even use it because I lag so much from so many people being afk inside the bank... :(

A safe trading zone I can't even use..

Weland

Grandmaster
I think a trade deed would be useful. Double click the deed and click the item. Could also add a single click feature that you can use in the trade window to "View Item" to make sure you are getting exactly what you want such as a certain color of whatever.

*Edited* Could also help clean up vendors that are selling pixels like statues. Instead of dropping a statue and it takes up a large portion of your vendor space or having to put it inside a box you can just drop the deed and player can again use the single click option to confirm its the direction or whatever they want.