Why aren't guild sizes limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Brick

Grandmaster
"i hope your mother hangs herself." "grab a gun. put it to your head. pull the trigger. you are a piece of shit"
- @Slick Brick aka axe u a question 2015
LOL Hope your mother hangs herself? That's actually a pretty good one let me write that down. Keep destroying that naked Kobe Beef of PvM, you guys are too good. Malkraven, your buddy called it the Kobe Beef, I only repeat what you clowns say lol :D.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I think it's time to not focus on harsher penalties (forcing players to log off is never the best solution). Harsher penalties just lead to bigger zerg for safety. Instead have a draw back that is the same for 1 as it is for 20.

Let's have pvp players fighting pvp players and pvm players still have to worry about pk but not expecting them every 3 minutes.
You make a lot of good points and I agree with most, but I disagree with lax punishments for reds to keep them logged in that *particular* char in any situation really.

I think if someone fucks up and there are no more reds for them to log into, however many they have, then they are just gonna have to find another of the thousand ways there are to play the game. There's a lot of them, so many that if a person decides to log out that it's their own fault.

Some people prepare for this and adjust accordingly, some clearly do not handle the mere thought of having to log in to another char. I don't think the latter needs any reason to get comfortable. A PK should never be comfortable.

Beyond that, any kind of #'s you run and who you run with us just personal preference and how much you're willing to embarrass yourself. You'd think that would be discouragement enough but clearly it's not.

I think that should continue to be player choice though.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Most hard core Reds have enough chars to just cycle through making stat just an exercise in futility. By removing stat but adding a draw back that really encourages consensual pvp (at entrances) and provides a small reduction in the deep dungeon pk'ing.

With this suggestion I'm afraid even with removing stat it is kind of harsh to Reds but if it's truly a fight they want and stat is removed this can be achieved.

Messremb

Grandmaster
You guys routinely have 10+ people on playing together.... it doesnt get larger than that.
Even if that's true (not really we rarely have more than one party, and if we do its half blue alts)we have never seen EQMS show with fewer than us. I got to count 10 people on one death the other day. I laughed cause i'm not sure what spells they were casting to get 10 people to damage me.

Fattson

Grandmaster
LOL Hope your mother hangs herself? That's actually a pretty good one let me write that down. Keep destroying that naked Kobe Beef of PvM, you guys are too good. Malkraven, your buddy called it the Kobe Beef, I only repeat what you clowns say lol :D.

What is up with you?

God.RG

Grandmaster
ah no, you've got it all wrong.
you're on the low end of the spectrum, even for pvm'ers. i like killing you because you rage like an autistic child that just had his candy taken from him.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Yeah. I gotta say I was a bit surprised that everyone in eqms was so nice in mumble. Biggest surprise was @Tard the Paladin , who talks way less than I thought he would. That shit blew my mind.

LOL. Yeah, mumble is fun. That's the key to enjoying a guild is being in a group that you enjoy talking to over voice. EQMS has been a blast. I still like my homies from LORE but I started craving more PvP action. The faction scene has been fun as well as using my multiple red characters. I used to complain about the zerg before I took an honest look at it. EQMS rarely fields more than a full party. Its not fair to say that's a zerg. During summer that may be larger than most group sizes but its not a huge number.

Glutt is right about incentivizing factions! There's so much potential that could make UOF bar none the coolest UO experience. I would love to see PvM'ers and crafters feel a strong temptation to join factions as well. As it is now though the faction scene is pretty sparse. CoM will field some factioners but that's about it. I don't know if there's even a True Brit guild out there. The UOF Team put in a lot of work to bring the current faction system in play and Shane seemed enthusiastic about promoting it. I'd love to see it catch on.

Slick Brick

Grandmaster
ah no, you've got it all wrong.
you're on the low end of the spectrum, even for pvm'ers. i like killing you because you rage like an autistic child that just had his candy taken from him.
That is the only blues you kill, either there or bringing in 6 people to kill the tamer and one other person trying to do Madrak.

Let's be real for a second Bonnie Rotten, when the guild LOLz res-killed people Adam completely flipped his shit with server-wide messages of rage and immediate changes. When POWER does it for months straight over and over and over there is no punishment :).

Autism is funny 2015 - tyler

What is up with you?
NM Fatts whats up with you??

That is the only blues you kill, either there or bringing in 6 people to kill the tamer and one other person trying to do Madrak.

Let's be real for a second Bonnie Rotten, when the guild LOLz res-killed people Adam completely flipped his shit with server-wide messages of rage and immediate changes. When POWER does it for months straight over and over and over there is no punishment :).

Autism is funny 2015 - tyler

NM Fatts whats up with you??

Punishment for what? Holding down a spawn? easy fix, remove the ankh.

Slick Brick

Grandmaster
Punishment for what? Holding down a spawn? easy fix, remove the ankh.
Or you could just stop letting your real life mentality of being a complete asshat trickle over further onto tha interwebs by spamming poison fields, energy vortexes, and energy fielding/wall of stoning the exits right by or on top of an ankh. You're not protecting a spawn, you're intentionally being complete dickheads. Don't try to play it off as anything less.

K A Z

Grandmaster
i never get resskilled more than once - then i switch ankh/healer/gate myself out nd ress with a second char. If somebody resskills you over nd over again its your own fault.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Or you could just stop letting your real life mentality of being a complete asshat trickle over further onto tha interwebs by spamming poison fields, energy vortexes, and energy fielding/wall of stoning the exits right by or on top of an ankh. You're not protecting a spawn, you're intentionally being complete dickheads. Don't try to play it off as anything less.
no, it's definitely protecting a spawn.. but i wouldn't expect you to understand that or anything else really.
keep rezzing trying to get your PS though, you'll die anyways.

Fattson

Grandmaster
What if everyone joined eqms?

Think of all the peaceful events and bridges. There wouldn't be any more complaints. No pks. People could farm, champ and rda without any threats from other players. Staff would be less stressed because you whores wouldn't have anything to ***** about. The bods would flow like cool rain from the heavens.

Doesn't that sound lovely?

Slick Brick

Grandmaster
What if everyone joined eqms?

Think of all the peaceful events and bridges. There wouldn't be any more complaints. No pks. People could farm, champ and rda without any threats from other players. Staff would be less stressed because you whores wouldn't have anything to ***** about. The bods would flow like cool rain from the heavens.

Doesn't that sound lovely?
We're almost there, just a hundred or two more ppl need to join :D

Edit: Yay for mass BODs

Last edited by a moderator:

Grizard

Adept
Here is how I see it and my dad and I are prime examples of some of the typical players in the game.

1. You build your character and max out your stats (Takes a while and a little grind).

2. Talisman for Dexxer comes out and you work on that. (The relics that drop on it are pretty much unobtainable because we either A don't get lucky, or B get overwhelmed by Pkers) (We had to go the route of buying dono coins to raise the funds for the relics for my dad.

3. My dad has a pretty powerful guy and can do OK at champs and get top 5 most of the time, but no relic drops. Baracoon and $$ have a small monopoly on this somehow. (We tried getting relics an alternate way in Destard by obtaining the statue turnins, but never got any luck).

4. We think we want to start a tamer character to have a shot at the high end items at Champions and I start a tamer and then find it takes a lot of time and money. We buy more dono coins to fund the taming habit and save up for a poo brown meta pet.

5. Time goes by and the meta gets a little stronger. We have around 3-4 million at this point gold saved up on our own, but this is not enough for a decent relic. We buy more dono coins to get the dragon stronger with Relics that are quite rare and difficult to obtain because of all the battles and reds crashing the RDAs.

The story continues, dragon money pit and then griefers that kill the pet. A typical player it is difficult to get some of the high end things. With these high end events come people that like to cause High End Grief that is very lucrative (Champs). It is like telling a bank robber when the gold truck is backing up when a champ starts up. Kill a bunch of "newbs', piss them off, and get rich!

I get that, but at the end of the day hard work should pay off. People want to feel like they have a chance at something big. To be the most powerful this or that. Quests with milestones that can be completed with hard work where you know there is an end goal is awesome. I know there can be grind, but my dad and I see the progress bar move in the right direction. A red can't take away the prior completed quest milestones. At the end I get my "Digital Reward".

I think more quests need to have 2 routes. 1 being kill say X amount of demons / Lich Lords etc and you obtain a random relic in a category. One can fight on their own or simply purchase it outright. This way if I get killed, I still keep the # of monsters I fought and you can't take away my hard work.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Here is how I see it and my dad and I are prime examples of some of the typical players in the game.

1. You build your character and max out your stats (Takes a while and a little grind).

2. Talisman for Dexxer comes out and you work on that. (The relics that drop on it are pretty much unobtainable because we either A don't get lucky, or B get overwhelmed by Pkers) (We had to go the route of buying dono coins to raise the funds for the relics for my dad.

3. My dad has a pretty powerful guy and can do OK at champs and get top 5 most of the time, but no relic drops. Baracoon and $$ have a small monopoly on this somehow. (We tried getting relics an alternate way in Destard by obtaining the statue turnins, but never got any luck).

4. We think we want to start a tamer character to have a shot at the high end items at Champions and I start a tamer and then find it takes a lot of time and money. We buy more dono coins to fund the taming habit and save up for a poo brown meta pet.

5. Time goes by and the meta gets a little stronger. We have around 3-4 million at this point gold saved up on our own, but this is not enough for a decent relic. We buy more dono coins to get the dragon stronger with Relics that are quite rare and difficult to obtain because of all the battles and reds crashing the RDAs.

The story continues, dragon money pit and then griefers that kill the pet. A typical player it is difficult to get some of the high end things. With these high end events come people that like to cause High End Grief that is very lucrative (Champs). It is like telling a bank robber when the gold truck is backing up when a champ starts up. Kill a bunch of "newbs', piss them off, and get rich!

I get that, but at the end of the day hard work should pay off. People want to feel like they have a chance at something big. To be the most powerful this or that. Quests with milestones that can be completed with hard work where you know there is an end goal is awesome. I know there can be grind, but my dad and I see the progress bar move in the right direction. A red can't take away the prior completed quest milestones. At the end I get my "Digital Reward".

I think more quests need to have 2 routes. 1 being kill say X amount of demons / Lich Lords etc and you obtain a random relic in a category. One can fight on their own or simply purchase it outright. This way if I get killed, I still keep the # of monsters I fought and you can't take away my hard work.

Thing about sandbox is that there's more than hard work involved. You gotta use your noggin. If you can't out play the reds, you need to out smart them.

Kael

Master
The issue isn't the large red guilds like EQMS or PCH for the "average Joe's". The "average Joe's" don't play factions. It's the blue griefer guilds that people get pissed off about. Screwing around with killing pets and abusing the system to avoid taking any counts. That's why I see people say fuck it and log off.

Status
Not open for further replies.