1 week for joining thief guild on new acct too long

FIshyface

Neophyte
Hello, i just started playing this server a couple of days ago and i really really want to make my thief my main. I really enjoy going around and stealing stuff but i cant unfortunately because it takes a week to join the thiefs guild as this is a new character and account.

Think it would be possible to remove the 7 day timer on new accounts? Waiting 2 days after the char is made is ok but i dont really see a reason why a week is nessasary for new accounts.

Snickle

Grandmaster
mostly it's because people don't choose a thief as their starting character.
I think it's more for fun than profit. Thieves have good days of course and can sell back the stolen goods for a profit bit it's more lucrative playing a solid pvmer like an archer provoker

FIshyface

Neophyte
I think it's more for fun than profit. Thieves have good days of course and can sell back the stolen goods for a profit bit it's more lucrative playing a solid pvmer like an archer provoker

And i completely know that, i've done the old tamer farm enough. im not really interested in making money as much as having fun at this point. I had my 6 years on osi and i did all of that, if i get around to making another pvmer so be it but for now i wanna steal.

amonseti

Grandmaster
This ^^
But make sure to avoid reds they can really turn your session into a bummer .

I am also having alot of fun with my T-hunter fisher atm.. for somereason he has been a paragon magnet lately ...

Malkraven

Grandmaster
just steal from monsters for a week its not long :). i think its probably there to stop people rerolling there thief and changing there name every week.

Get a reputation as a thief live with it kinda thing..

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
just steal from monsters for a week its not long :). i think its probably there to stop people rerolling there thief and changing there name every week.

Get a reputation as a thief live with it kinda thing..

Yeah steal from monsters and loot corpses, box people in, etc etc.

What are your skills gonna be?

Snickle

Grandmaster
Say " 'thief gm name' disguise" and you get a disguise kit that will change your name for 6 hours or until you die.
my thief was never under his real name

EllEssDee

Master
Part of the fun of being a known thief is them knowing who they got robbed by but to each his own. Disguise kits are more effective. Buy tinker boxes and ruin people's Pvm days like that.

SNAFU COME BACK

Red_Pig

Neophyte
Say " 'thief gm name' disguise" and you get a disguise kit that will change your name for 6 hours or until you die.
my thief was never under his real name

yea, pretty much everytime I log onto my theif I will change his name and outfit. I have a chest just full of different outfits.

Sarphus

Journeyman
I'm ok with new players being able to become thieves if they have to renounce their young player status to join thieves guild. That might already be a restriction (not sure). If not, it needs to be or we'll see griefre thieves that can steal from you in town with zero repricussions.