120 Provocation

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
A nice and valid change to 120 Provocation could be that otherwise unprovokeable Mobs you should have a chance to provoke at 120. Most 120s have addition benefits and rewards at 120. For example, crafting can yield one of the most sought after items in the game, Soul Forge. Tamers can tame things others cant, ie Chromatic Dragon.
But a Bard that has accomplished the height of his profession can't do anything that a bard at 110 can.
Where is the added benefit or reward for accomplishing such a task.
I purpose that at 120, you can provoke mobs such as.....
RDAs mobs and Arch Ice Fiends.

Whats everyone's thoughts on this? Constructive thoughts only please. Points for or against, or variations of the original idea.
THANKS!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Im ok with waiting til they attack me.
Not trying to make it OP. I just think its a viable change.

For me personally, theres no motivation for me to achieve 120. I rarely fail at 110.

eppy

Grandmaster
I think having just a couple areas where you can't provo is ok. People (Tyreal) were soloing all the portals when you could provo in them. That's not acceptable either.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I think having just a couple areas where you can't provo is ok. People (Tyreal) were soloing all the portals when you could provo in them. That's not acceptable either.
That's true, but they're still soloable without 120 provo...it just takes a little longer.

Give me ability to provo 100% and I could bang any of them out in an hour or less.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I will switch chars after I've cleared entrance but I will only have one inside at a time if you like. Give me 2 hours in case of difficult tentacle placement and I will have it done for you.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I do agree we need some mobs that no matter what cannot be provoked just like some mobs eat pets we want there to be a select group of mobs that require unique approaches. To be honest I think more mobs that are dexer or Mage specific or at least preferable to do on a Mage or dexer the better. Bard/tamer will always be the go to PvM but it's nice to have to think out side the box sometimes.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Im talking about Provo in its self. I do believe it to be fair that there should be some type of benefit as with every other 120 skill for Provocation.
But if im honest enough, the truth to the matter is too many people run the bard/tamer template. The tamer part being the nail in the coffin.

It just would be nice to see.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Vampires, arch ice fiends, there are quite a few things unprovokable that could be added. I like it.

both those things i think should be provokable @ 120 provoking. and it wouldnt hurt the game at all but give some more reason for having 120 provoke.