120 Provocation

FAMARA

Grandmaster
what about @ 120 provoke being able to hold a provoke twice as far away from the mobs, as not having 120 provoke. that could be a cool added bonus. or something along those lines.

hubcap

Grandmaster
I think you should be able to provo tamers pets at 120
FULL AGREEMENT.

Also in full agreement with the original poster when they say 120 provo needs love and should be able to "provoke the otherwise unprovokable"
120 in most other skills get major bonuses.
Love for Provo, please, and PLEASE OH PLEASE implement that change where peoples pets are provokable at 120.

PLEASE!!!!!

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I play provo/musical characters, but honestly I've always thought there should be a provo timer. As in only makes target A and B fight for X amount of time. Giving the need to refresh/reprovoke and more of an economic use for instruments that break.
120 should have a good timer and more array of harder creatures it could be used on (harder the creature the lower the timer and so on)

Even for tamers having a command time check. Creature is interested in the target for however long vs their happiness and injuries. I never see tamed creatures give up and run away like the untamed versions would do.

hubcap

Grandmaster
I play provo/musical characters, but honestly I've always thought there should be a provo timer. As in only makes target A and B fight for X amount of time. Giving the need to refresh/reprovoke and more of an economic use for instruments that break.
120 should have a good timer and more array of harder creatures it could be used on (harder the creature the lower the timer and so on)

Good point, although, I tend to "re-provoke" every so often to make certain they are still engaged with each other and not me....
sometimes , especially dragons and the like, can fight for a few seconds and then target you again.

Im ALL ABOUT making tamed pets provokable. Especially on their owners. They are WAY OP, we all know it, and this would be a PERFECT way to start to balance things out.

Tamers wont like it but tough shit. They are way OP.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Good point, although, I tend to "re-provoke" every so often to make certain they are still engaged with each other and not me....
sometimes , especially dragons and the like, can fight for a few seconds and then target you again.

Im ALL ABOUT making tamed pets provokable. Especially on their owners. They are WAY OP, we all know it, and this would be a PERFECT way to start to balance things out.

Tamers wont like it but tough shit. They are way OP.

they will never do this, the only thing you are doing is making it to where they probally wont do a damn thing to help out provoke either, if u think tamers are so OP , put in the time and effort to make one, then get shit on.

hubcap

Grandmaster
nothing against the effort tamers put in. For SURE its a lot of time and money to make strong pets.....but I choose to PLAY the game.....not watch my pet play it. Im tempted to make a tamer because, lets face it, its the main money making template out there......as long as you dont dump too much into pet trinkets and toys. But, like stated, I like a challenge from time to time. Watching my pet do all the work is about as lame as afk killing and zerging, imo.

making pets provokable w 120 skill isnt an unheard of request nor will cause admin to stop listening to requests or change anything if they feel it needs changing. Thats strictly your 'opinion' which valid, is probably, off base. They, as far as we all know, listen to, and consider all valid requests.
We all know your farmer/tamer, Famara........I actually did you a favor one night and DIDNT kill you while afk farming in Hythloth. ;) I dont roll that way..........................but, anyway............. We dont want to ruin your template. We just want to make ours more viable, and on par with the other 120 skill cap bonuses out there.
Whats really wrong with making your precious little pets provokable? We gonna force you to actually PLAY the game as opposed to watching your pet play it??????

:D

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Only defenses against pets are paralyze, paralyze field, running away, area peace as far as I know. Hardly any risk since the pets are hopefully bonded. Sometimes you get the lure and screw over. Tamers will never be nerfed since they are a donation class. Pet balls/powder are money for the server. Which is needed.

hubcap

Grandmaster
Tamers will never be nerfed since they are a donation class. Pet balls/powder are money for the server. Which is needed.

THIS is why tamers will never be nerfed. NOT because of people (validly) requesting a bonus for taking the time to raise Provo to 120.
Most other skills out there have great abilities at 120......except for provo (and a few others)

Maybe if they offered the OTHER skill sets/templates the kinds of powerful things tamers are awarded then we could raise MORE server cash AND start to get to a balanced gameplay?????????????

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
THIS is why tamers will never be nerfed. NOT because of people (validly) requesting a bonus for taking the time to raise Provo to 120.
Most other skills out there have great abilities at 120......except for provo (and a few others)

Maybe if they offered the OTHER skill sets/templates the kinds of powerful things tamers are awarded then we could raise MORE server cash AND start to get to a balanced gameplay?????????????
It's called talismans.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
So we have officially turned a good thread about possible bonuses for 120 provo to bash on tamers (by people who don't have tamers).

Try to stay on topic and if you don't understand the issue with your suggestion then you really don't have a good understanding of game mechanics.

hubcap

Grandmaster
So we have officially turned a good thread about possible bonuses for 120 provo to bash on tamers (by people who don't have tamers).

Try to stay on topic and if you don't understand the issue with your suggestion then you really don't have a good understanding of game mechanics.

ummmm. no. I used tamers as an example of something to do for 120 provo. Just happened to use tamers as an example. Tamers were a natural choice because Provo and Tame both deal with monsters.
So, I would say it was a perfect example. But, of course there are others, but, lets use the obvious choices first.

lemme guess.....you DO run a tamer and dont feel its OP at ALL, right?

yep......as valid an opinion as mine is I would say...........................

120 provo should be able to provo ANY persons pet. Just like a 120 tamer can tame just about anything in game.
It about balance....not about bashing. You tamers are just too sensitive to ANYone wanting to balance the game out a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Lets not get away from the OP. Because lets face it, this is a very viable request. Im looking more for PvM bonuses at 120. Why have a useless PS in game? And yes a 120 provo cant do anything I cant do at 110. Wheres the reward for working it to 120??
As for being able to provo pets, that wasn't my idea. Ive never been killed by a pet. Their easy to get away from or defend yourself. My bard archer will drop your pet fast after I provo mobs on the tamer keep him occupied. Plus you can provo mobs onto pets already. Just not the other way around.
But having said that, maybe be able to initiate provo of a flagged pet.

hubcap

Grandmaster
The request IS a viable one, no doubt..... and I dont feel we got (too) far from the OP and intent.
Tamers were used as an example. Nothing more.....lets not focus too much on the example, and we will see we didn't stray far from the OP at all.......arguments to support OP were used all along in the examples.
Forget tamers even came up.

-Like the idea of having provo stay in effect even when you run off screen (at 120 skill level) for a reasonable amount of tile distance away from the provoked mobs.....(dumber/weaker the creature...the farther you can go?)
-Like the idea of having all (flagged or not) pets [and monsters] provokable (at 120 skill) [on the pets owner OR on mobs OR other players.] PvP aspect of this could be interesting and create more avenues for murder as well....................also, it would enhance the PvM aspect of the game, which needs serious attention, as well.
-Like the idea of "temporary stealing" an owners pet by provoking his pet on the nearby mobs. Owner gains control, again, of the pet, over time, dependent on his Lore and Tame skill.......NOT bonding. That only matters when you die.
-Like the idea of having 120 provo be able to provoke the otherwise un-provokable. Paragons included.

Random thoughts.......
Ability to attempt to provo more than one mob in any ONE attempt. IE: you play your flute to begin to provo something....and you catch the attention of TWO mobs instead of one......and you can send BOTH to your intended target?
Ability to provo mobs that are farther apart? No more "the targets are too far away from each other....." Increase the effective range of the instrument for 120 provo? (perhaps 120 music needed, as well?)
Ability to provo mobs/pets onto locked/trapped chests? (at 120 skill)
Ability to provo mobs into doing things like mine ore? (Provoke them onto a rock?) (Provo them onto a tree?)
Ability to provo a mob onto itself, committing suicide? :)

THANKFUL that someone drew attention to the fact that 120 provo is useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Yea I was having thoughts along the same lines.
Suggested benefits up to this post....
- add mobs that were previously unprovokable, ie arch ice fiends
- ability to provoke pets
- expanded distances, both distance between bard and mob and between 2 targets. This bonus could happen in different levels starting at GM and increasing at 105/110/115/and maxing at 120
-Area affect such as peacemaking. All (limit the amount of)Mobs in a specific limited area will attack a selected target.

Im still waiting to see some feedback by atleast the admins of this forum, be positive or negative. For or against. Just something. ......tell us something!

Also tag your friends that you know are bards. We need support!

Derwolf

Grandmaster
you honestly think provo needs a buff? its borderline op. What needs a buff is discord. 0 discord tamers/provodexxers/provomages on the field atm

#buffdisco#discoderwolf

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Discord always made 0 sense. Thats why no one uses it. This thread is about 120 Provo not necessarily a buff then benefits to having 120. As with the rest of the 120s