3 Accounts per IP rule

Cold Spoon

Grandmaster
I am wanting some clarification that the rules are 3 accounts per ip.
I keep hearing that is it so and i have capped my self at 3 accounts for this rule.
I am running into players abusing this rule and i keep hearing as i complain about it that the Admins are not doing anything about it.
I have been on this shard for quite some time almost since the beginning and i watched a few of my friends get banned for abusing the 2 account rule back when it was in place. It would be a shame to hear that this rule is not closely watched and regulated if people i know got banned back then and now it would be let slide.
please one of the admins clarify this for me.
@Shane @Adam @Skye Wolfbane @JoeB

amonseti

Grandmaster
Not sure where your getting your info from .. but this is one of the number one NO NO's that actually is monitored .. I think the people who are currently abusing this are just lucky , time will catch up to them soon enough. More IDOC's incoming !!

Rusty Hart

Grandmaster
Yes 3 accts per ip. Unless you have a roomate or family member etc. Then let staff know. If people are abusing accts, theg have to be lucky all the time. Staff only has to be lucky once and all accts and ip will be banned.

halygon

Grandmaster
Trust me, action is taken against those found with more than 3 accounts. Don't let it be you - stick with the allowed amount.

Cold Spoon

Grandmaster
Good to hear, It will not be me that is for sure.
I had a issue the other night were i was in a rda and one guy who decided to show up with 4 accounts. I have personally fought this guy for the while and i know he is on 4 accounts cause i have battled him and he has boasted about it.

Bromista

Grandmaster
They weren't four tamers were they? o_O

Indeed, I saw him logged five accounts in his house a couple months back.

The player in question has also been spotted using young chars armed to the teeth for dungeon bosses. Staff did not take action because the accts were on different IPs (very easy to accomplish with multiple PCs) and thus it could not be "proven"...

Sigh.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah honestly anyone who thinks we don't take action against this is seriously out of the loop on what goes on.
We don't post every banning, and jail we make and we make a lot of them.

You shouldn't have to worry about any of this for sure.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
If you guys have seen this and seen people "boast" about it. Why weren't screen shots taken and sent to the gm.

I don't get what posting a generic thread with no names does. Unless it's all just whining with no evidence.

Kilike

Grandmaster
People for sure get banned for this. My brothers recently came to visit me and had logged in while at my house and we all got our accounts banned for it. Didn't know we had to let staff know we were visiting. Issue got resolved but the bans happen for sure. Lesson learned and problem solved.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I am wanting some clarification that the rules are 3 accounts per ip.
I keep hearing that is it so and i have capped my self at 3 accounts for this rule.
I am running into players abusing this rule and i keep hearing as i complain about it that the Admins are not doing anything about it.
I have been on this shard for quite some time almost since the beginning and i watched a few of my friends get banned for abusing the 2 account rule back when it was in place. It would be a shame to hear that this rule is not closely watched and regulated if people i know got banned back then and now it would be let slide.
please one of the admins clarify this for me.
@Shane @Adam @Skye Wolfbane @JoeB
This only gets enforced or investigated if you give the admins reason to look into your accounts. Generally it is what ends up getting people punished instead of what originally led to being investigated.

I understand how shitty it is to have your friends banned for doing something yet others run around toxic as hell, breaking worse rules. doing far worse things to the server, and are still allowed to play. I also know of people that were caught cheating (using third party cheat clients) that were hardly banned very long at all. I am with you 100% the contradictions and seeming hypocrisy is rampant from the staff. I dont however feel it is intentional. Just comes with trying to control a large population and occasional lack of empathy. Like me getting suspended for afk taming when the shard was literally unplayable for HOURS due to the ddos attacks and left my macro on. I broke the rules. I deserved to be punished.

Snickle

Grandmaster
5hHq6CP.jpg

inswain

Novice
how is this monitored? because i have 3 accounts and my roommate has 1. he usually plays on his laptop, which has a different IP address, but often uses my desktop when im at work. can i get banned for this?? if so ill talk to him about using his acct on my pc.

Cyclonite

Neophyte
I imagine there are some people who use methods to change their IP or get additional IPs to get extra accounts but there isn't much staff here can do to track that.

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's very easy to spoof an IP.

The player that inspired this thread's creation has been reported before, but was found to be on multiple IPs and nothing was done about it regardless of how obvious it was that it was the same player.

Sigh.

Mango

Grandmaster
Yeah honestly anyone who thinks we don't take action against this is seriously out of the loop on what goes on.
We don't post every banning, and jail we make and we make a lot of them.

You shouldn't have to worry about any of this for sure.
Not that I have any intention of ever getting tossed in jail, but I am curious as to what UO-Jail looks like... Maybe that's what Lord British's castle has turned into! :O

Cyclonite

Neophyte
It's very easy to spoof an IP.

The player that inspired this thread's creation has been reported before, but was found to be on multiple IPs and nothing was done about it regardless of how obvious it was that it was the same player.

Sigh.

I think you may be onto something here, it is pretty common for criminals to be the first person to cry foul when they notice someone else committing the same crime as them.

It takes one to know one.