50 level 1 treasure maps

Would you do it?

• Yes, 50 lvl 1 t-maps sounds like a lot of fun!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Hell no! Not worth the time!

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

Decreamos

Grandmaster
50 Level 3 maps!

****Level 3 maps DO NOT drop Vanqs****

Three paragon chests.
5 treasure maps.
2 level 2's
2 level 3's
1 level 4

Six skill scrolls.

I also found the following reagents.

2368 Sulfurus Ash
3358 Black Pearl
3258 Ginseng
3486 Spider Silk
2986 Blood Moss
2903 Garlic
2914 Nightshade
2510 Mandrake Root

Probably a bit more but I used a mage type of character and some of the regs might have been used at occasion.

I found 749 of various gems.
140 weapons and armor I felt worthy of keeping. (fort and invuln armor. Force and power weapons with good accuracy)
Plus 6 ID-wands

Selling the gems gave me 35512 gold coins.

So, all in all, after selling items, gems, and from creature spawn: 670634

Conclusion, 1 level 3 t-map is worth about 13412 gold coins!

Total time: 420 minutes (7 hours)
Soooooo I made 95,804 gold/hour PLUS I took home 130 high quality magic items. And thousands of regs. I can't imagine what 4-6 will bring!

IMO the best item I pulled:
https://imgur.com/AIEbhnG

Last edited:

wkstrm

Master
50 Level 3 maps!

Three paragon chests.
5 treasure maps.
2 level 2's
2 level 3's
1 level 4

Six skill scrolls.

2368 Sulfurus Ash
3358 Black Pearl
3258 Ginseng
3486 Spider Silk
2986 Blood Moss
2903 Garlic
2914 Nightshade
2510 Mandrake Root

Probably a bit more but I used a mage type of character and some of the regs might have been used at occasion.

I found 749 of various gems.
140 weapons and armor I felt worthy of keeping. (fort and invuln armor. Force and power weapons with good accuracy)
Plus 6 ID-wands

So, all in all, after selling items, gems, and from creature spawn: 670634

Conclusion, 1 level 3 t-map is worth about 13412 gold coins!

Total time: 420 minutes (7 hours)
Soooooo I made 95,804 gold/hour PLUS I took home 130 high quality magic items. And thousands of regs. I can't imagine what 4-6 will bring!

IMO the best item I pulled:
https://imgur.com/AIEbhnG

Awesome! I also found that level 1 does not drops vanqs!
That was a nice weapon! :D

I've been delayed on the level 2 maps since I have to work during the weekend. :(

Zibzug

Neophyte

I did my first lvl 3 this weekend and although there wasn't any Vanqs in the chest, one of the Ogre Lords that spawned did drop a Vanq xbow. So you could say there is the possibility of obtaining Vanqs while doing 3's, but expect it to be rare.

I would like to say thank you for this entire thread (and the handful of lvl 1 maps given to me). It has shown me how fun t-maps can be and they are definitely something different to do.

wkstrm

Master
how its going ? cant wait to see the results :D

Hey man! I sold the t-maps. Sorry man! :D

Nah, just kidding, I've had some delays, mostly due to work and family. Then I also found out that I needed to re-spec my chars a bit to handle the thougher resistance from the MOTM/HaLOLween. But I'm working on it! Got 10 done or so now, hopefully I will have the time to do a few more tonight!

wkstrm

Master
how its going ? cant wait to see the results :D
Just to let you know, I've done 20 maps as of today!
I hope I will be able to do another 10-15 tomorrow. Wifes familly is coming over for the weekend so I'm not sure if I will be able to do anything at all during the weekend.

But so far I've gotten a HaLOLween paint and chest from the mobs spawning! ;)

Decreamos

Grandmaster
50 Level 4 maps!

****Level 4 maps DO drop Vanqs, just not very many****

Five paragon chests.
11 treasure maps.
3 level 3's
7 level 4's
1 level 5

Five skill scrolls. (one less than on 50 level 3s)

Two portal fragments

4187 Sulfurus Ash
3400 Black Pearl
3620 Ginseng
4532 Spider Silk
4006 Blood Moss
3712 Garlic
3527 Nightshade
3927 Mandrake Root

I found 617 of various gems. (far more in a level 3 map)

211 weapons and armor I felt worthy of keeping. (fort and invuln armor. Force, power, vanq weapons with good accuracy)
Plus 8 ID-wands

So, all in all, after selling items, gems, and from creature spawn: 1,003,054

Conclusion, 1 level 4 t-map is worth about 20,061.08 gold coins!

HOWEVER, as pointed out by @steve-o if I count the value of the fragments and maps it jumps the value of the average level 4 map to an astounding- 29,101.08!!!!!!!!

Thoughts- Just wow....I've seen MANY MANY vendors selling level 4 maps for less than 4k gold. ONE map takes less than 10 mins if you use a tamer and an organizer agent to loot the chest. With the potential to get a portal frag, which by my method averages out to 1:25 level 4 maps...the profit margin is incredible. That's not even counting the OVER 200 magical items I kept. I'm VERY VERY PICKY! I do not keep power weapons without a good accuracy modifier. I do not keep force weapons unless they are supremely accurate. I do not keep any female leather armor. I sell all of that as junk (unless it's a good slayer :D )

Total time: I didn't keep good track...took quite a bit longer though.

Last edited:

Decreamos

Grandmaster
did u count the 2 rda frag and all the things u didn't sell (maps, weaps, armors) in this?

I did not count those...so it looks like portal frags sell quickly at 200k apiece..so add 400k. As for the maps for anything below level 5 I sell at 1k per level (huge profit for the buyer). 3 level 3- 9k, 7 level 4- 28k, 1 level 5- 15k= 52k.

I edited my original post.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I generally don't count portal frags in my farming, because they are sporadic, I've done over 50 level 5's, and haven't seen one. And then on a stretch I got 4, in about 15 maps prior to that. To me those are just a bonus! But a bonus that makes 4's & 5's more favorable for me, than 1-3's (with their poor drop rate on frags)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Oh Decreamos - did you hit many hallowe'en mobs? as a solo t-hunter, no pets/alt chars helping, I imagine those could make my life tough.. I may have to break out some maps tonight and see :)

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Oh Decreamos - did you hit many hallowe'en mobs? as a solo t-hunter, no pets/alt chars helping, I imagine those could make my life tough.. I may have to break out some maps tonight and see :)

I did. In fact the most difficult one I ran into on two occasions was the OL paragon Halloween. Over 20k health lol. Great bonus though to bring in my meta dexxer :)

batman

Grandmaster
I generally don't count portal frags in my farming, because they are sporadic, I've done over 50 level 5's, and haven't seen one. And then on a stretch I got 4, in about 15 maps prior to that. To me those are just a bonus! But a bonus that makes 4's & 5's more favorable for me, than 1-3's (with their poor drop rate on frags)
so true...my record was 12 lvl 6s without one im at 7 atm
done 2 lvl 4s and got one..these frags you almost think sometimes
did they take them outta the game!!

wkstrm

Master
gm fishing and a provo mage or archer char youll be good to go, spawns water ele and deep water ele. I would like to see this as well
would be cool if 2-3ppl would do 50sets of mibs

@Yoar donated like a 100 MiB's to me some time ago, my plan is to do them but it might take a while.
If someone does it before I do it I'm totally cool with that. I hear MiB's take a lot of time to complete. :(