A Way to Make Champ Spawns Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Can we just put a champ spawn on brit bank roof for Silly Santa?

It was a valid suggestion. You want champ spawns to work out better for you, so I just inquired about bring them to where you are.

Sorry for trying to help TSE out :(

It was a pretty sarcastic and dumb suggestion. One that you know staff would literally never do. Do you really think staff would make a champ spawn ON TOP OF Britain Bank? it was a pretty stupid post that you made and one that can be seen as derailing Glutt's thread. A "champ spawn on Britain bank roof for Silly"... yeah ok buddy.

halv

Grandmaster
It seems that there is a decent amount of people who are upset with how champ spawns can sometimes turn out; getting raided at the very end of your champ, dying before the boss dies, and essentially wasting an hour of your time with no reward. While I personally think this is 100% of the game(and my guild does champs, gets raided at champs, and raids others at champs) and you should always be prepared to defend your champ spawn from potential raiders I think a slight modification to the system could be implemented that would make everyone happy.

Here we go, true words! After beeing first place and dying to a raid again and again when champ boss finally spawned i stopped doing champs, like many others in Southern Alliance. Some months ago you could ask in alliance chat if somebody wants to do a champ and there was always a group ready to start. I think since October/November the mood changed. Nobody wants to do a champ anymore, because they wasted hours for nothing the last months over and over again.
Sure, it's still just a game, but if i see me on the top score at the end and i got nothing finally it gives me irl feelings.
Funny fact @Silly Santa, the last five raids wasn't even eq.ms. ;)

Riktor was spawned twice yesterday and nobody was doing him. People farm Riktor level 1 for crystals and kill Fafnir for relics. Later the champ spawn is gone. I don't know when the engine decide to stop the spawn, but I've seen this a lot. Champ got spawned but nobody is doing them. It's possible some PKs chased a bard thru the champ area.

Don't change champ system, but make whole UOF Trammel. :p

Vendors are stocked with PSs all over Sosaria. Put a minimum chance for a mage/dexer relic depending on the score on a champ reward. Keep PSs backpack loot, but send a random relic to bankbox. Like 100K champ score is 10% chance to get a random mage/dexer relic (1% chance for 10K and 0.1% for 1K etc).

I think champs will be en vogue again if they will drop mage/dexer relics directly to bankbox.

girana

Grandmaster
Vendors are stocked with PSs all over Sosaria. Put a minimum chance for a mage/dexer relic depending on the score on a champ reward. Keep PSs backpack loot, but send a random relic to bankbox. Like 100K champ score is 10% chance to get a random mage/dexer relic (1% chance for 10K and 0.1% for 1K etc).

I think champs will be en vogue again if they will drop mage/dexer relics directly to bankbox.

100k should be 1% or less or these relics will sell for 50k each in 2 weeks

Fattson

Grandmaster
I don't do champs anymore. It's not just the raids. It's the lottery system in general. They're meant for group pvp and the rdas are just better at that then champs are. No one has any reason to do one anymore. RDAs can be spawned and take a fraction of the time to complete with less of a chance of being raided.

I really don't see an ideal fix here. If anything, I think champs should be scrapped and a different idea for pvm end game content should be introduced.

Champ areas could be used for things like pk friendly invasions with increased mob drops, etc...

This would just discourage people from raiding champs...
Harrisburg-DUI-Lawyer-explains-Finger-to-Nose-Test.jpg

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Simple solution with two simple parts:

1. A minimum score for PS eligibility.
  2. The early stages give the most score per point of damage.
As such, the later the raiders were to arrive the less likely they would be to meet the score requirement.

So raiders would choose to
  • arrive earlier and save the other players from wasting undue time at the champ, or
  • arrive at the very end to kill the other players and collect their PS, which would give those players a chance to flee with it.
In effect, the raiders would have to choose between more work and a greater chance at a PS or less work and a lesser chance at a PS.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Thank you all for your contribution to this thread. I will stop it here and we will take your ideas into consideration.

#threadlock2017

Status
Not open for further replies.