A Way to Make Champ Spawns Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Maybe we should just limit half the PS and all relic drops to the top N% of players based on time spent in champ...

It shouldn't be time based (for the reason that @girana mentioned), but I think you're on the right track.

The easiest thing to do would be to add in a minimum score required to be eligible for a drop.
They might also make dmg dealt early in a champ give more points per dmg so that the later the raiders arrive, the harder it is for them to reach the eligibility threshold

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
(I thought they could be cut in dungeons?), then that would definitely help.

They can be cut in dungeons(including champ areas) and no buy back is available about 95% of the time.

No offense taken. I wasn't attempting to excuse anything. I wrote my post with my experiences in other guilds in mind. That said, both my replies argued in favor of what you wrote in your OP.

Yea... im not sure that "extra rewards out there" should be a reason against this idea. It wont increase PS/Relics in the economy, and the addition of some purely cosmetic items for people who put time into champs is much less harmful to the economy than say invasions which let you farm freely under guard protection.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Yea... im not sure that "extra rewards out there" should be a reason against this idea. It wont increase PS/Relics in the economy, and the addition of some purely cosmetic items for people who put time into champs is much less harmful to the economy than say invasions which let you farm freely under guard protection.

Ya I don't think it's enough of a reason not to do it either. Although, I'm not sure that non-PS/relic rewards would do enough to motivate people. If 1-4 people were guaranteed a non-PS/relic, they probably wouldn't be worth much unless they were needed for something that enough people cared about.

I think you could use PS/relic rewards instead. You could control the number of them in the economy by having fewer of them drop during off peak times, when they're already much easier to get.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Ya I don't think it's enough of a reason not to do it either. Although, I'm not sure that non-PS/relic rewards would work to motivate people. If 1-4 people were guaranteed a non-PS/relic, they probably wouldn't be worth much unless they were needed for something that enough people cared about.

I think you could use PS/relic rewards instead. You could control the number of them in the economy by having fewer of them drop during off peak times, when they're already much easier to get.

I dont think you understand my idea... lets say you do a champ and your score is 10,000 at the end. You then get 10,000 points added to your persistent [champscore. Items in the store could cost at the minimum 500,000 points or something -- so while you may grind and grind champs but never get a relic/PS, you are at least building up your [champscore to eventually buy something off the champscore vendor(cosmetic items only).

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I dont think you understand my idea... lets say you do a champ and your score is 10,000 at the end. You then get 10,000 points added to your persistent [champscore. Items in the store could cost at the minimum 500,000 points or something -- so while you may grind and grind champs but never get a relic/PS, you are at least building up your [champscore to eventually buy something off the champscore vendor(cosmetic items only).

Ya it's true, I just glanced at the OP.

So basically, something like zombie points? I could see that working.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Yes like zombiepoints or the old [eventscore.

My only concern is that it might be stupid lucrative for non-peak players. It's so easy to rack up score during the first two levels when there aren't many people online. But otherwise, I like it.

TyroneG

Master
+1
(I thought they could be cut in dungeons?)

They can be cut in dungeons(including champ areas) and no buy back is available about 95% of the time.

1c4uye.jpg

vU9oT1v.jpg

Two people out of this screenshot were able to be statted.

The rest gave the message that they died in honorable combat.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
My only concern is that it might be stupid lucrative for non-peak players. It's so easy to rack up score during the first two levels when there aren't many people online. But otherwise, I like it.

Thats why you put a score cap on each level so you cant just grind out level 1 of a boss and get an infinite amount of [champscore.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I dislike the idea.

If you wanted to make a change in regard to champ spawns for the better - make it so that boss's cant be lured to other parts of a dungeon ...ex - destard, terra keep and 30+ screens away from the champ spawn site.

Here is another idea...make a "score minimum"...why should people be able to receive scrolls when they have a 1k score for example? (PKS Raiding at the end killing all blues and doing very mininal damage to spawn)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I dislike the idea. It sounds like EQMS wants to be able to receive more champ spawn rewards when they do them with a lot of guild members and/or raid with a lot of people.

This wouldnt give the raiders any extra rewards... only people who work the champ.

If you wanted to make a change in regard to champ spawns for the better - make it so that boss's cant be lured to other parts of a dungeon ...ex - destard, terra keep and 30+ screens away from the champ spawn site.

Im fine with this -- I dont think Ive ever lured a champ outside of the intended champ area.

Here is another idea...make a "score minimum"...why should people be able to receive scrolls when they have a 1k score for example? (PKS Raiding at the end killing all blues and doing very mininal damage to spawn)

Why not make it so powerscrolls and relics go directly to your bank?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I agree..however...it would still benefit EQMS the most when considering the size of your guild.

Actually it would benefit any guild that does champs -- should improvements not be made to champs because EQMS would be one of the guilds who would benefit from it?

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Can we just put a champ spawn on brit bank roof for Silly Santa?

Are you trying to derail your guild leader's thread...? This is not the PvP section in case you did not notice Zelda.

Actually it would benefit any guild that does champs -- should improvements not be made to champs because EQMS would be one of the guilds who would benefit from it?

I see your point ... overall I just think that the "mechanics" of champ spawns should be looked into first vs changing the loot tables on what someone can get from participating champ spawns... whereas this idea you proposed can be abused easily if you think about it.

Josh D

Grandmaster
Are you trying to derail your guild leader's thread...? This is not the PvP section in case you did not notice Zelda.

I see your point ... overall I just think that the "mechanics" of champ spawns should be looked into first vs changing the loot tables on what someone can get from participating champ spawns... whereas this idea you proposed can be abused easily if you think about it.

It was a valid suggestion. You want champ spawns to work out better for you, so I just inquired about bring them to where you are.

Sorry for trying to help TSE out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.