AFK Talisman EXP Famers

Zoobler

Grandmaster
I found a way on my dexxer. Didn't feel good about it so paged to ask and response was "it is highly discouraged."....good enough for me to go back to farming to train. I am too nervous of a potential reset. Just not worth it

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
It's kind of odd that they'd discourage training that raises zero gold, expends resources and has a high chance of player being killed as opposed to farming and bringing more gold into economy... The end result is the same, a leveled talisman, one method spends gold/resources to achieve it and the other earns gold to achieve it.

I personally rather be at keys when my character has 500 regs on. But that's just me.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
No, you're missing the point completely. They're SPENDING resources which is good for the economy. As opposed to farming and raking in more gold into the aggregate.

It doesn't hurt you in any way.

bradley-

Grandmaster
Ehh... I'm tired of reading whether or not it should or should not be allowed. Personally, I don't want it to be easily macro'd in a week to level 10. But if it's allowed, I will do it to keep up with everyone else.

Can we have an admin to comment on this topic, please?

I feel like @eppy would be the best person to ask since he has done a consider amount of work on the talisman stuff.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
There's no way to macro it to level 10 in a week. Mobs have a cap on xp given. Unless there's some workaround? Ogre lord paragons used to give unlimited xp but that was fixed two weeks ago.

If it's not against the rules, which it's not ATM what is all the commotion about.

Also, @Blaine that's cute that you can't win a logical argument so you resort to name calling. It is not my fault that your ideas are just whining drivel and not useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

oomf

Grandmaster
There's no way to macro it to level 10 in a week. Mobs have a cap on xp given. Unless there's some workaround? Ogre lord paragons used to give unlimited xp but that was fixed two weeks ago.

If it's not against the rules, which it's not ATM what is all the commotion about.

Also, @Blaine that's cute that you can't win a logical argument so you resort to name calling. It is not my fault that your ideas are just whining drivel and not useful.

That explains what parsnip was doing with those paragons.

bradley-

Grandmaster

That guy I was talking about in Wrong is in an awkward spot so that he can shoot all the mobs in the room without them touching him. Ogre lords, brigands, among other mobs. He literally just stands there and shoots his arrows, killing everything, completely AFK. You don't need to have 2, 3, or 4 ogre lord paragons on boats to swap between to get to level 10.

I can get around 10k-25k XP in about 3 hours of farming (on a mage! I guarantee a dexer can get even more). If I can go to sleep and set a macro for 8+ hours and get double or triple that, why not? Like I said before, killing them only gives me a murder count to work off when the loot isn't worth it. People create extremely complex macros so that they don't have to have 3000 regs or 3000 bandages on them. They use their UOSteam macro that will recall/restock/recall back/start attacking/if dead play X noise to notify you to reset the macro.. It's just too easy to macro it.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I need to hang out with you cause I can't get 25k xp in 3 hours ;)

I dunno as long as it's not against rules then may as well power game it while you can I guess.

I prefer interacting with the environment and am enjoying the heck outta playing my mage and finding new tactics.

Peepin'Tom

Grandmaster
I made it to level 10 in a little over a week. Would have been less than a week if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

Keep in mind I died a ton of times, got fucked with by eppy even more than I died, lost and expended plenty of resources, lost connection, computer crashing, etc.

Sommerella

Master
The ones that do this have huge set ups. Several boats at different locations with a mob trying to attack a horse. If caught at one or the mob dies they just recall around.
I don't see the big deal. Especially when people macro on ships, loaded with their regs and set ups or whatever, we find them. Kill them, loot their stuff, and sink their ship(s). Which sends them off somewhere as a ghost. They have to go through the hassle of setting all that back up. There's lots of time wasted for them and when they come back all restocked, we make our way back to them because we usually patrol the areas known for stuff like that.

A lot of the time people weren't even afk. They still died, but they weren't afk. Isn't that what people are upset about?

Last edited by a moderator: