Another tamer qq trolled by idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandone

Grandmaster
I'll just report without reading any suggestions from players have not experienced wht thread talk about

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
Perhaps I am missing the point here, maybe I require a little more education to such matters or perhaps this thread orbits around an issue which is not an issue, just a way to balance out the output of meta-pets. The best fix would be to remove them completely and be done with this tripe once and for all, no offence to the team who scripted them as the work is pretty tasty in itself, but the output from these things are just well, frightening at the very least and way overpowered.

I call for more nerf's to them, if your pet dies, it does not lose skill but it takes an HOUR to rest and you are unable to use it for said hour. If it dies twice in a period of four hours, then you can not use it for two hours and its loyalty drops one level and stays there for the remainder of the day. Also, if your pet attacks ANY player red or blue using ALL KILL, there is a 6% chance it gets a new buff called 'blood lust', where it goes completely over the top with a damage increase of 20% and its defence increases by 10%, the pet can now attack everyone including the owner, is very difficult to control unless you cast dispel on the pet *the more people it kills, the angrier it gets*. All guard is not included in this.

I guess we should just remove all fun aspects of the game while we are at it eh. just get rid of it all caue u dont like something we could see be improved slighty. Above this post that I replied to you went off saying that we want more boosts? no we are not asking for any boots what so ever.

We are simply addressing the matter that maybe we dont need experience such a stat loss like before, so instead of dumping money into my pet etc i can maybe someday afford some relics, and afford to keep him balled etc.

I strongly urge to to go get a tamer to 115 taming, buy a meta or raid for one, get a nice stat WW, start lving them, ball it and get the stone, and revist this forum long long time from now.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Last post from me:

Relics make the meta, not skills (it is a nice bonus)

Pump gold into relics instead of SS for a better return on investment.

Summoning ball charges are cheaper than ~50k worth of SS. Ring of forgiveness + pet ball, and if you blew your RoF for your farm session have a mage at the ready with a safety gate for your tamer to hop to an ankh or town healer if you can't safely recall + res. There are plenty of safe places to do this from. You should always have an alt mage with a copy of your runebooks for such an occasion.

Have quality guildmates. Guildmates can be a godsend in bad situations even if you are out solo farming.

^ the above is not a 100% surefire way to avoid pet death, but should go far in keeping your costs down.

It's not that big of a deal.

Pandone

Grandmaster
Last post from me:

Relics make the meta, not skills (it is a nice bonus)

Pump gold into relics instead of SS for a better return on investment.

Summoning ball charges are cheaper than ~50k worth of SS. Ring of forgiveness + pet ball, and if you blew your RoF for your farm session have a mage at the ready with a safety gate for your tamer to hop to an ankh or town healer if you can't safely recall + res. There are plenty of safe places to do this from. You should always have an alt mage with a copy of your runebooks for such an occasion.

Have quality guildmates. Guildmates can be a godsend in bad situations even if you are out solo farming.

^ the above is not a 100% surefire way to avoid pet death, but should go far in keeping your costs down.

It's not that big of a deal.
pets are made for kill and die, spend so mch time and gold for statloss is for a carebear server/ppl

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I guess we should just remove all fun aspects of the game while we are at it eh. just get rid of it all caue u dont like something we could see be improved slighty. Above this post that I replied to you went off saying that we want more boosts? no we are not asking for any boots what so ever.

We are simply addressing the matter that maybe we don't need experience such a stat loss like before, so instead of dumping money into my pet etc i can maybe someday afford some relics, and afford to keep him balled etc.

I strongly urge to to go get a tamer to 115 taming, buy a meta or raid for one, get a nice stat WW, start lving them, ball it and get the stone, and revist this forum long long time from now.

I suggested removing perma-statloss and have a cool down on using the pet, perhaps the other suggestions were a little harsh but even those would put people off from using them in PVP. Even this fell on deaf ears and I will stand by my original judgement, tamers want everything their own way while other classes potentially drag their feat in the dust. I will again say once more, you have a privileged pet, when fully equipped it is beyond powerful for PVM and PVP.

As for making a tamer, I fully understand how long it takes to train taming, although it is not even a flash in the pan compared to the old OSI ways of training, many many months to GM and that is if you kept your sanity along the way, so please do not try and educate me on things based around skill training and or set up costs. My argument is if you have a top end sports car and choose to drive and park it in a ghetto based location, you should expect to pay the consequences if said consequences occur.

I'll just report without reading any suggestions from players have not experienced wht thread talk about

You are like a stuck record, don't you like my other post about removing statloss and putting a cool down on your pet? Surely this would save you money in the long run? Let me even be a little more on the fair side, instead of being unable to use your pet, why not just reduce stats on a temporary basis, IE stats are reduced to 70 for an hour so you can still use your precious pet? Probably not, you would prefer an increase in skill scrolls to drop, be it pet scrolls or normal all because it suits your pattern of farming.

Take note, I hold nothing personal against you @Pandone *apart from the floppy hat comment* or you @Tantreghan , just providing feedback so all areas can be aired, debated and perhaps even resolved in a way that suits everyone.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
nothing personal taken here. agree to disagree. i dont want everything my way b/c im a tamer. in-fact before i even started my tamer i didnt much care for them. but now that ive played one and seen how expensive and time consuming they have become i have a new outlook...i get i can farm and make money without my relics etc....but i do need stats. but even tho i can farm without relics etc, no tamer is going to. pretty much all of us will save up for the relics and metas etc etc which takes forever. I got a little off topic "slighly" from the intital post. Im for stat loss if i kill my pet. I have a hard time with my pet being drug off and killed by others and getting stat loss. i think the ss drop rate is fine.

I had my pet die twice today at a champ....was my fault, it sucked but oh well.
I had my pet meta die earlier by 2 peeps wacking her with metal....trying to lvl him on deamons (not making money just lvling lvling lvling) and it sucked...im not a trammy, im for the pks and even some griefing if griefed right i just feel its to easy to kill it for the time i put it...again not pvm...pvp. also just my thoughts and feedback. This is the whole point of this is so we can go back and forth and discuss and let the "gods" decide. no need to get angry =) tis a game.

sorry for late reply...was numbed by training meta finally snaped out of it lol

This is besides the point but I will answer. No, I do not play it nor would I ever since apparently the roots of this server was supposed to be as close to the original times as possible. You already have something which resembles a walking nuclear missile launcher and expect there to be no consequence if it dies, I consider this to be somewhat greedy.
I am not against stat loss for the Meta, @Darkarna i think statloss is 100 Percent completely reasonable , however what I do think is stupid is when someone kills me lures a paragon and it knocks 10k worth of XP off my meta. As far as statloss goes i think its perfectly reasonable considering in this era of UO there was no bonding in the first place. Then again you could have 5 dragons and a nightmare. LOL

Winstonian

Grandmaster
You can farm millions of gold with relative ease but want the drawback removed? There's no way pet stat loss should be removed.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
You can farm millions of gold with relative ease but want the drawback removed? There's no way pet stat loss should be removed.

pet stat loss has been removed for factioners thats the amusing part non consensual pvpers get pet stat loss and consensual pvpers pay 5k and get no loss. (5k is a tiny amount of gold the ss woudl cost alot more)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
This thread has somehow broken through unholy ground and once again, roams the forums with the intent of chaos. Time to get that monster hunting gear out and put this beast to rest.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
pet stat loss has been removed for factioners thats the amusing part non consensual pvpers get pet stat loss and consensual pvpers pay 5k and get no loss. (5k is a tiny amount of gold the ss woudl cost alot more)

For real? Hahahahhahahahah.... *vomits*

Status
Not open for further replies.