AoS Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Don't like idea. To please everyone pleases no one.

I'd say anyone wanting that type of server should just find a shard that matches their desires.

Some people want trammel and no pk. Okay. That's fine. Go to a trammel shard.

Some people will want newer content. Again , great. Find a shard for it.

They are out there. Nothing wrong with playing on multiple shards either.

If you can't find what you want , you can always make your own shard. Only problem you'll run into is building population to make it fun. I made a simple shard once. Was really cool what you can do. Just takes a lot of work and stays empty without constant promotion
aren't you one of the losers constantly crying for changes on the forums?

On osi there was this server called Siege Perilous, it made AOS amazing because...
there was no item insurance thus negating item based pvp
there was no trammel
reds were allowed in town
it was a small community like uo forever
anyways... i just want to see some aos style event

Fuschino

Adept
I don't think that is plausible.. The reason I say that is because a while ago, they were suppose to open up a new landmass with more of a T2A ruleset (insta-hit, heal through poison, etc). A new place, within the current server, where you had to start over on a brand new character and you would be able to flip back and forth (or commit to 1 side) between each ruleset/landmass/whatever you want to call it.. That never happened..... Why? No clue.. But, I imagine that it'd be extremely difficult for 1 team of staff to manage/update/maintain 2 completely different rulesets on the same exact server.

What I am suggesting is a new server, with different developers/staff that would work under Shane & Adam. Get the server up and open for player testing, get the staff to run/develop the AoS/ML server, advertise in the same manner that UOF is to get people interested, and Shane & Adam can kick their feet up and relax. All they should have to do is monitor the progress and show up every once in a while. This way, none of the current staff or developments are paused or neglected because a new team would take over the AoS/ML stuff. I also want to mention again that this new server should have the same login info! That way people who want to bounce back and forth don't have to create a million accounts. We can all use out same account info and choose which server we want to play.

Also, people have this weird idea that another server would literally split our population in half... That simply isn't true! Several people have already mentioned in this thread that the majority of people who play T2A/UO:R tend to stick to that era. The majority of people who enjoy playing the AoS/ML era tend to stick to that era. Yes, there will definitely be some overlap between the 2 servers but I promise, most of the player base for an AoS/ML server will NOT come from our current population (maybe initially during the testing stage and when the server first opens... We all love starting new somewhere). It will come from other AoS/ML servers and the epic advertising that Shane is capable of.

This can work. I know this can work. UOForever is great but I want it to be epic!

@Shane, @Adam... Lets make this happen!

How about the admins continue to devote all of their time to one server. Why split limited resources? Why split player base? One of the best part of this server is the population. Let's not divide that.

Streets

Grandmaster
How about the admins continue to devote all of their time to one server. Why split limited resources? Why split player base? One of the best part of this server is the population. Let's not divide that.

I agree but sooner or later maybe days maybe years we will need more land just saying when that day comes consider a new rules for the new lands. Then we don't have to build a whole server we will have a built in player base.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
When UOF starts getting double its current population it would be able to handle new land mass... as it is now it can already be difficult enough to find other groups of players.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Aos with our ruleset. We or staff can hand pick what's worth grabbing.

For example.Pvp wise Aos brought a power spike to dexxers, so in turn they added faster cast. Now we don't want item based pvp and since eventually everyone would have it anyways make the base 2/6.

We've already had people say no to resist gear(though we need a reason to have crafters). So with out gear corpse skin shouldn't do much, but test it anyways and if it does; change it. Enemy of one from chiv should be looked at too. Both spells help a lot in pvm though.

Spell channeling weps I would assume most are against. Would need more feedback for this though.

Power scrolls... I vote we add them. This means tactics, Magery,med, resist anat,wep skills etc.

I could go on but I doubt it will gain much traction. Most of the vocal pvpers aren't really for adapting. Thus why you see the same people constantly asking for uoforever like pvp.

PvP in aos was better than previously. Even though it had the major downsides of insurance tram rules.. Without insurance, without artifacts and with no tram rules, and given time to adapt I honestly think we would have more pvp and people would actually enjoy it more.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
People want uoforever PVP because uoforever's PVP ruleset was by far the most engaging and dynamic PVP ruleset there has been for any UOR shard.

While uoforever is dead it didnt die because of its ruleset... it died because the staff gave up on it and let corrupt players become staff in their place.

Streets

Grandmaster
I would prefer cherry picking wanted aspects though. Item insurance is bad imo. Same with "use best weapons skill" and spell resist armors.

But special weapons are good!

But these are just opinions

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
Bottom line is if you split the server, uof will inherently have less players, and its already lower than it should be. AOS may be fun (i dont know) but any splitting of populations only hurts mainserver, it won't ever AID it.

the ultimate solution would be to host the aos events, and lure in players from all the other servers. Once they see how the population and good staff is they will be here to stay

TheFallen

Grandmaster
If uo:r = 1000 current and we add aos and get
Uo:r 800
Aos 800

You would have less players in uo:r but you would have 600 extra players supporting staff and advertising and server costs. There would be additional drains on staff and server but overall it could be a plus.

Unfortunately it is hard to say whether it would bring enough new players to Uof without losing to many uo:r and really it is a question that only Shane could answer best. Without a doubt this would be the right way to go eventually as increasing the overall size of Uof supporters is a good thing the only question is when?

bradley-

Grandmaster
If uo:r = 1000 current and we add aos and get
Uo:r 800
Aos 800

You would have less players in uo:r but you would have 600 extra players supporting staff and advertising and server costs. There would be additional drains on staff and server but overall it could be a plus.

Unfortunately it is hard to say whether it would bring enough new players to Uof without losing to many uo:r and really it is a question that only Shane could answer best. Without a doubt this would be the right way to go eventually as increasing the overall size of Uof supporters is a good thing the only question is when?

Pretty much how I see it. Increase the UOF community as a whole! Unfortunately, people think that adding an AoS server would literally cut the population by 50% or more. While there will be some overlap between the 2 servers, a 50% cut in population is totally untrue.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I hate to say it but I've caught myself looking for another place to play UO recently.... Is it because UOF is bad? Definitely not! UOF is, by far, the best server I've ever played on. But, I'm looking for a change of pace.. Something different. I've pretty much burned myself out of this era of UO for now.

I'm proposing that @Shane and co. open up a new server with a different ruleset (AoS & ML). Now, before you begin the flaming and endless rants of how bad this suggestion is and how bad of a player I am, just take a deep breath and relax for a minute. Then continue reading :)

I suggest keeping the same login info for this new server so that it would look like OSI did when logging in but instead of different servers with the same ruleset, it would have Ultima Forever - UO:R / T2A and Ultima Forever - AoS / ML.
Example:
2PVoBvu.jpg

The idea behind this is to bring everyone who plays UO here, to the UOForever community. Will the current UOF server lose a few peoples? Maybe, but not necessarily.. Overall, I believe it will bring in way more than we'd lose. This also gives people an opportunity to try something new. I know many people who have never played in the AoS+ ruleset but they want to! They want to try it out and see how it is. With this system, UOF wouldn't lose players overall because they wouldn't have to go to server X or server Y to experience something new. This system also helps prevent players from burning themselves out. Everyone burns out at some point and they stop playing for a while... With this system, if someone burns out of 1 era, they can just go play the other. It's a different pace, different skills and abilities, different everything BUT, still UO. Still UOForever.

If Shane and co. can create something like this and start up an AoS/ML era server that is just half as good as UOF currently, then I'm convinced it'll be the best out there. Thats because we're already the best out there (for our era).

Also, this shouldn't take away from the current developments of the server we currently have. Hire new people to code the new ruleset server. Preferably, people who know the general mechanics of the ruleset. This way, Shane can still oversee what goes on and is still in charge. This way, both servers can continually be in development and continue to pump out awesome new content for players.

Lets make the UOForever community bigger. Shane, @Adam , and the other staff have created the best server UO has to offer. We should expand on this and bring in more players who prefer a different ruleset than we currently have. Who knows... Maybe the players a new server attracts may want to test out the UO:R/T2A ruleset. Either way, the players stay here in the UOF community instead of playing in other places.

10/10 would play. I enjoy AoS and it makes me sad that there are currently no high population AoS servers out there (well, I haven't checked in at least a few months)

Kernel

Adept
Mmm, don't like the idea.
'Cause AoS (SE, ML and SA in final) is the 'why' i'm here.

I've played that ruleset for a long time and today i really hate that.
Insurance, FC, FCR.. Do too much farm for a decent pvm or pvp suite... Nope.

Please, no. :(

Kilike

Grandmaster
Mmm, don't like the idea.
'Cause AoS (SE, ML and SA in final) is the 'why' i'm here.

I've played that ruleset for a long time and today i really hate that.
Insurance, FC, FCR.. Do too much farm for a decent pvm or pvp suite... Nope.

Please, no. :(
Pretty sure a lot of people suggested that it would be Aos with a fel ruleset, no insurance,artifacts etc.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.