archery - pvp - moving shot

asics

Grandmaster
Right now archery is little used on pvp ..and light crosswbow are nearly a trash can weap..

Why not make just light crosswbow able to insta hit or something like that (or shot on the run every 5-10sec?)

Maybe u need also another skill like arms lore to make that avaiable..to counter op temPlates

Just an idea to make archers.. Pure archers avaiable :)

@Blair @eppy @Shane @Adam

BEN!

Grandmaster
shooting while running would be too op

i suggested awhile back the normal xbows be changed to one handed so people actually use them so they can chug pots, i think that would make em relevant 4 meta dexxers

Young Star

Grandmaster
Not much different then pot chucking. For many they'd probably have higher accuracy hitting pots then they would with a running shot xbow.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Right now archery is little used on pvp ..and light crosswbow are nearly a trash can weap..

Why not make just light crosswbow able to insta hit or something like that (or shot on the run every 5-10sec?)

Maybe u need also another skill like arms lore to make that avaiable..to counter op temPlates

Just an idea to make archers.. Pure archers avaiable :)

@Blair @eppy @Shane @Adam

archery op af tbh the damage from bows and how it keeps groups on the offensive make it a very viable template for group pvp

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDwTF95bRn4

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Yes, casting explosion off-screen than MOVING before the spell is finished (as in you have a target), than combo'ing with e-bolt, explosion pots is perfectly fine.

Just don't you dare talk about mounted archery.

amonseti

Grandmaster
shooting while running would be too op

i suggested awhile back the normal xbows be changed to one handed so people actually use them so they can chug pots, i think that would make em relevant 4 meta dexxers

I disagree m8 .. I dont think it would be any different then pot tossing .. However it does need to be done right ..

I dont think simply turning on the ability to shoot while moving is the correct route .. I do strongly feel that this impediment totally takes archery out of the PvP scenario 1v1 .. It can be useful as large group support , but if someone retaliates against the archer ,, it becomes a game of chase, where the archers only option is to run run run .

If they were to add power scroll's to archery id suggest at 101 archery you gain the ability to shoot while moving.. however shots done while moving would have a damage penalty . where 101 archery would have the most severe penalty tapering away at 120 ..
IE :
@ 101 archer the max damage would essentially be reduced to 1.. so a moving shot at 101 archery is essentially just an interrupt shot.
@ 120 archery the max damage would be half of what could normally be done using a stationary shot.

thats my 2 pennys..

Derwolf

Grandmaster
pot tossing and pot combo require some skill, archy combos are easy af xplo-eb-requip bow.

I don't think some of you realize how much of a game changer instahit is in pvp. I wouldn't bother logging in if instahit was here, i would go play a dead aos shard for that

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
pot tossing and pot combo require some skill, archy combos are easy af xplo-eb-requip bow.

I don't think some of you realize how much of a game changer instahit is in pvp. I wouldn't bother logging in if instahit was here, i would go play a dead aos shard for that

If it was as OP as you're leading us to believe, we'd see more of them in PvP.

On the the power scroll ideas.

NO. NO combat related power scrolls. This server not having combat PS was a selling point for me to be here. On that note, remove magery PS; magery is a combat skill.

"But then I wouldn't have 100% on all my spells!"

I have GM weapon skills; think I hit 100% of the time?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
NO. NO combat related power scrolls. This server not having combat PS was a selling point for me to be here. On that note, remove magery PS; magery is a combat skill.

there is no magery power scrolls?

BEN!

Grandmaster

an archer dex monkey isn't really suppose to be extremely effective in PVP it is more of a PVE template. Archer tank mages are pretty good right now and i've seen a decent # of players using the template.... if you add the ability to shoot on the run people are going to flip out when they try to offscreen and get dropped quick with a running pot / bow shot (you can throw pots with the bow you just need to start the pot before you equip the weapon) a good archer/alchy dexxer would be very hard to run from and we would see a ton of them running around

also as it works now you only need to studder step to take a shot so you can still be fairly effective at chasing you just need to learn the mechanics

Last edited by a moderator:

Derwolf

Grandmaster

you're a newb and that's okay

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if we made light crossbows insta hit how crazy that would be. We would have to make it so you can't use alchemy with it.
I dunno though i mean there are servers that messed with this kinda stuff trying to combine insta hit with UO:R stuff and they failed as it was very unbalanced.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
I wonder if we made light crossbows insta hit how crazy that would be. We would have to make it so you can't use alchemy with it.
I dunno though i mean there are servers that messed with this kinda stuff trying to combine insta hit with UO:R stuff and they failed as it was very unbalanced.

instahit is whack

xplo-eb-20-40 dmg cross bow hit? no thanks

you can instagib someone easy af with instahit especially if they are weakened

anyone can pull that combo off...its a 3 button combo..at least alchy comboing requires some skill and you can off screen a pot.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Yes, there are magery PS.

Derwolf, anyone with a basic understanding of psychology knows that in a debate if someone replies with an insult it means they have nothing to defend their point of view with. I accept your surrender.

Shane, I don't think anyone is talking about insta-hit; we were talking about using bows while moving. Considering the AR invul leather can give the dmg isn't honestly that bad. I mean magic cuts right through invul platemail, and no one bats an eye. Talking about countering this with physical damage and suddenly everyone looses their minds.

This server is touted as being a place where, 'You can be anything, or anyone.'

Unless that person is not a mage, it seems.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Yes, there are magery PS.

Derwolf, anyone with a basic understanding of psychology knows that in a debate if someone replies with an insult it means they have nothing to defend their point of view with. I accept your surrender.

Shane, I don't think anyone is talking about insta-hit; we were talking about using bows while moving. Considering the AR invul leather can give the dmg isn't honestly that bad. I mean magic cuts right through invul platemail, and no one bats an eye. Talking about countering this with physical damage and suddenly everyone looses their minds.

This server is touted as being a place where, 'You can be anything, or anyone.'

Unless that person is not a mage, it seems.

you think there are magery power scrolls, you are a noob but thats okay m8. not an insult its a fact.

anyone can watch the video i linked and can see archy is strong. being able to use archery while running is op af + combine that with the endless running here pvp would be even more dull. It would be archer mages trying to kite each other around sosaria, no thanks

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
That's one count of video taken; I know nothing about the other players, your teammates, or even yourself.

I'm willing to bet skill level more than anything was a deciding factor in the fights shown.

As for kiting each other around, that's pretty much what happens in fights now unless it's 1v1, and even then. I've yet to see a group fight where all the mages line up in trench style warfare and fire spells back and forth till one side is left standing. There's lots of retreating, advancing, charging, healing and moving as it is.

amonseti

Grandmaster

Fare enough and I cant really disagree on using Power scrolls as the medium ... was simply looking for a way to anchor the rest of the idea..

Perhaps instead of a power scroll for archery .. this could be where a 120 fletching skill could come in instead , and its not skill based for the archer .. instead the fletcher with 120skill could craft these bows http://www.uoguide.com/Category:Elven_Composite_Longbows that are not currently in UOF, as moving shot bows ..

These new bows would do the least damage of all bows, similar cool down (fire rate) to xbows , but have slightly improved hit rate and the ability to shoot while moving. with one other penalty , each shot requires and consumes stamina (while performing a moving shot only).