archery - pvp - moving shot

amonseti

Grandmaster
Yes, there are magery PS.

Derwolf, anyone with a basic understanding of psychology knows that in a debate if someone replies with an insult it means they have nothing to defend their point of view with. I accept your surrender.

Shane, I don't think anyone is talking about insta-hit; we were talking about using bows while moving. Considering the AR invul leather can give the dmg isn't honestly that bad. I mean magic cuts right through invul platemail, and no one bats an eye. Talking about countering this with physical damage and suddenly everyone looses their minds.

This server is touted as being a place where, 'You can be anything, or anyone.'

Unless that person is not a mage, it seems.

I think you have power scrolls confused with Skill scrolls ... yes there are magery skill scrolls .. but there are no magery power scrolls or anything to increase magery past 100.

BEN!

Grandmaster
imo any change that makes them a better choice than the heavy xbow is a mistake... bow and heavy xbow have always been the better choices and it is what people expect to see when they log into UO. making them one handed wouldn't change much with pvp but it would no longer be a worthless weapon choice and would be used alot more in pvm (would be pretty effective with tread/doublestrike/phase shift relics)

I wonder if we made light crossbows insta hit how crazy that would be. We would have to make it so you can't use alchemy with it.
I dunno though i mean there are servers that messed with this kinda stuff trying to combine insta hit with UO:R stuff and they failed as it was very unbalanced.
I disagree, instahit if added properly will be much more balanced than the current meta.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
That's one count of video taken; I know nothing about the other players, your teammates, or even yourself.

I'm willing to bet skill level more than anything was a deciding factor in the fights shown.

As for kiting each other around, that's pretty much what happens in fights now unless it's 1v1, and even then. I've yet to see a group fight where all the mages line up in trench style warfare and fire spells back and forth till one side is left standing. There's lots of retreating, advancing, charging, healing and moving as it is.

so you agree endless kiting is a problem so why would you want to add to the endless running that is uof pvp? the only cc right now is parablows, stun and paralyze, fighting a group of archers that don't have to stop to shoot would be a nightmare. It would be endless kiting with no counter play

you guys want instahit but don't want bolas/wands? hrmm okay

asics

Grandmaster
I wonder if we made light crossbows insta hit how crazy that would be. We would have to make it so you can't use alchemy with it.
I dunno though i mean there are servers that messed with this kinda stuff trying to combine insta hit with UO:R stuff and they failed as it was very unbalanced.

Without alchy sounds good :)

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
so you agree endless kiting is a problem so why would you want to add to the endless running that is uof pvp? the only cc right now is parablows, stun and paralyze, fighting a group of archers that don't have to stop to shoot would be a nightmare. It would be endless kiting with no counter play

you guys want instahit but don't want bolas/wands? hrmm okay

I like the idea of chasing down that mage that blew his load and fucked up and has no choice but to run from me! :p

Seriously though, it's the same fight. Two mages meet; they do the magic thing, than one or the other runs, and they do nothing but throw pots at each other till they loose interest, or the one being chased runs into an object letting the other catch up. I suppose I must ask you, if moving and shooting changes nothing in your mind, why are you so dead-set against it?

asics

Grandmaster
If not insta hit.. Maybe a running shot.. Without alchy..andcwith 120 archery 120 tsctics 120 arms lore :)) it would also open for other 120 powescrolls

@Shane
@eppy @Blair t@Adam

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You think zerging is bad now, implement this and no one would be safe... No one.... It would be a bloody mess without the glorious. *Shakes head*.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
no ps for combat skills please.
I think archery is good as it is, maybe no ultimate pvp skill but it still deals lots of damage with the correct bow..

Last week my archer even killed a red while i was afk, or on another char somewhere else.. I alt / tabbed and went back to my archer who was hiding near yew lich spawn and there i was not hiding anymore, 60% health and " sucky sucky now " a red, was lying dead at my feet.
^ true story..

Archer is great pvm and especially with a zerk talisman, no need to improve it.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
I like the idea of chasing down that mage that blew his load and fucked up and has no choice but to run from me! :p

Seriously though, it's the same fight. Two mages meet; they do the magic thing, than one or the other runs, and they do nothing but throw pots at each other till they loose interest, or the one being chased runs into an object letting the other catch up. I suppose I must ask you, if moving and shooting changes nothing in your mind, why are you so dead-set against it?

because it promotes endless kiting which is already a problem on this shard. Add in bows and it makes the problem 10x worse. Archery like a nox mage is very powerful in group fights. @Deriz played an alchy archer which is effective and i could not get on the offensive vs that template.

@Blair plz link archery videos of you owning face with an archer mage

asics

Grandmaster
because it promotes endless kiting which is already a problem on this shard. Add in bows and it makes the problem 10x worse. Archery like a nox mage is very powerful in group fights. @Deriz played an alchy archer which is effective and i could not get on the offensive vs that template.

Btw archery is great in Group fight.. Also mage are.. Btw I think if we have 120 PS not for pvp boost bu just for pvm boost..is great!

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster

Kiting verse....? Mages can't attack mages with spells unless they stop and cast allowing the other to catch up or cast one of their own. and then they must close the distance to 'magic range' (8 tiles I think) at which point both mages can 'launch' the spell; this is not kiting in the true sense.

The ONLY way to attack past the 8-tile range that I know of is bows, which fire at 10-tiles (not x-bows; they have the same 8-tile limit). Otherwise you're again tossing explosion potions back-&-forth, and again, if you can counter-attack it's not true kiting. The only true problem with this is that leather armor verse a bow HURTS (unless, of course, that leather armor is invulnerable-leather; the "Invulnerable" tag grants 25 AR [plus base item AR] regardless of armor piece used). And if that is a problem use heavier armor.

Of course... you can't meditate in platemail; which I suspect is the basis of your objection.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Instahit not aos mechanic.

Moving shot is and is bad idea without many other changes.

Bolas and wands should def be in game, it is really stupid that they arent.

Incoming parry/mages.

As if physical attacks verse mages weren't difficult enough already.

Given that wands don't use mana this is even more "meta" than magery already is.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Sorry I forgot most pvpers on here have only ever played uof or uoforever so they dont have a clue what balanced pvp really is.

Alchemy bonus

L
A
W
L

i play about 5 different templates, most of which dont have alchemy ! making archery even stronger would be crazy!