Bank @ Crafters Area

sorry, but the idea of the crafting area is not to have a place where you can create specialized goods and be able to bank them immediately after. the whole purpose of that spot is to create slayer weaps, future slayer armors, and have reduced material cost. putting a bank there gives ABSOLUTELY NO RISK TO THAT AREA.

people want a fucking bank there because theyre all like "omgad a thief stole my shit whaaaa". really? theres already an npc guard there that constantly detects hidden chars, so if you get stole on like a noob, thats your own fault.

RISK VERSUS REWARD. NO RISK? NO REWARD.

for god fucking sakes, do not put a bank at the crafting guild.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
sorry, but the idea of the crafting area is not to have a place where you can create specialized goods and be able to bank them immediately after. the whole purpose of that spot is to create slayer weaps, future slayer armors, and have reduced material cost. putting a bank there gives ABSOLUTELY NO RISK TO THAT AREA.

people want a fucking bank there because theyre all like "omgad a thief stole my shit whaaaa". really? theres already an npc guard there that constantly detects hidden chars, so if you get stole on like a noob, thats your own fault.

RISK VERSUS REWARD. NO RISK? NO REWARD.

for god fucking sakes, do not put a bank at the crafting guild.

Sorry but you are wrong. It was clearly stated by the staff the idea behind the crafter's guild was to create that nostalgic, old feeling of a place where you can meet crafters to trade with in game.

Let me quote the front page :

Crafting Benefits
Ultima Online Forever offers a unique crafting area located at The Hammer and Anvil Blacksmith shop located North West Britain just south of the Cemetary. This area not only helps crafters but it also brings back that nostalgia from the days when you would go to the blacksmith and have someone repair your gear. Always great to see people helping one another!

Last edited by a moderator:

Metalhead-

Master
Sorry but you are wrong. It was clearly stated by the staff the idea behind the crafter's guild was to create that nostalgic, old feeling of a place where you can meet crafters to trade with in game.

I'm pretty sure nostalgic and old comes in well before trammel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messremb

Grandmaster
Its a bank dude, you have one a few screens south of the area we are talking about. its not hand holding. you want crafters grouping together chatting and helping people out? make it so they don't have to craft and run to keep their shit safe. thieves will still get opportunities when crafters get careless. but at least if you wanna hang out and help people you can.

right now I recall in do my business and get the hell out before a thief comes along and greifes me. if I ha a bank I wouldn't mind chatting there, I can just bank what im working on and pull it out after.

Metalhead-

Master
You can argue for coddling all you want. It is what it is. How about we start putting banks at every dungeon level entrance and create a gold sink that allows access to a bank anywhere on the map. If it's not broken. What is there to fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messremb

Grandmaster
Hey if you want the crafting area to stay an AFK macroer spot that's fine. I just want it to be a cool place for Crafters to get together and for people in need of a crafter to come find them.

Honestly if we are not going to use the crafting are for the reason it was created I think we should just remove it, and people can go back to crafting in their houses.

Its kinda a trammy idea any way... giving crafters benefits and what not.

I think it would be cool if there was a second or even a third crafting area. Like one in Minoc and lets say one in Moonglow that way thieves would have to travel and not just camp. You can even add recall to the crafting macros and hit different spots that way you keep them guessing where you are

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Then the idea of grouping people together is ruined.

I was just thinking it would be cool to have one or two more but even having 2 Brit and Minoc people would still have plenty of interaction and also when the server population gets bigger it would be a good idea to have more than just one and I'm not a huge fan of Brit can't stand how I can barely walk around the bank without running into someone and just the general chaos and see a screen of all text

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
The issue is we want to be able to craft from there while not being AFK. Whatever has the opposite consequence is a bad idea IMO.

Its a bank dude, you have one a few screens south of the area we are talking about. its not hand holding.

exactly. there is a bank 2.5-30 seconds from that bank. craft while hidden. recall when you make something. use a fucking lock box. putting a bank there does nothing more than wipe the cum off your stomache.

Crafting Benefits
Ultima Online Forever offers a unique crafting area located at The Hammer and Anvil Blacksmith shop located North West Britain just south of the Cemetary. This area not only helps crafters but it also brings back that nostalgia from the days when you would go to the blacksmith and have someone repair your gear. Always great to see people helping one another!

hmmm. yes. it is a unique crafting area with unique perks. yes it helps crafters. yes it brings back a little nostalgia for those who know that there will be crafters present there. hell, i bought bod cloth from a guy there just because i couldnt find it on a vendor.

i still fail to see the part where it suggests that it is a bankable zone designed to prevent the loss of goods created either afk or not.

crafting in itself is a decent gold revenue, and as far as im concerned, the only risks to being a crafter is being pked while resource gathering, or getting your shit stolen. what makes us crafters so special compared to bards, and tamers that we deserve an extra bank and less risk while trying to create clearly specialized goods in the only unique area of the game where we are able to do so?

by that logic, put an invuln npc banker at the entrance to every dungeon level. makes so much sense.

StarBaby

Grandmaster
its to bad that every post that's made re: convenience and something that would be nice to have, gets turned into were trying to recreate trammel and were worried about getting something stolen, when that couldn't be further from the truth.. all my bods are blessed. my resources weigh to much.. and if you want a few pieces or cloth or armor before I add them to my large bod, take them

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
hmmm. yes. it is a unique crafting area with unique perks. yes it helps crafters. yes it brings back a little nostalgia for those who know that there will be crafters present there. hell, i bought bod cloth from a guy there just because i couldnt find it on a vendor.

i still fail to see the part where it suggests that it is a bankable zone designed to prevent the loss of goods created either afk or not.

crafting in itself is a decent gold revenue, and as far as im concerned, the only risks to being a crafter is being pked while resource gathering, or getting your shit stolen. what makes us crafters so special compared to bards, and tamers that we deserve an extra bank and less risk while trying to create clearly specialized goods in the only unique area of the game where we are able to do so?

by that logic, put an invuln npc banker at the entrance to every dungeon level. makes so much sense.

It doesn't say it's a place to bank. That's why this thread is in "Suggestions and ideas". Thing is, people go there to craft, recall to bank, and go do whatever they want to. They don't stay there for long. They would stay there longer if there was a bank, and in that way, that's more meat for thieves. Don't forget, also, that when crafting, you need to carry the materials on you, and usually, a good quantit of it. A bank wouldn't change anything to that. The only difference would be you don't have to recall to a bank anymore.

i understand your point, but saving people recall regs and a 10 second delay of recalling in my opinion is not worthy of putting a bank there.

the suggestion that they put a bank there is literally only to protect crafters from losing items there, which plays on the risk vs reward idea.

besides, with the upcoming expansion, that place is going to be popping, so if part of your argument entails the fact that people dont stay there for long enough, that is a load of crap.