Bank @ Crafters Area

Fenix

Journeyman
Saying its difficult to keep open a 'shop' without this addition is...just...ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way I get my slayer bows is by stealing them, I'm making a macro to do it afk, so that i can afk farm the afk slayer weapon crafters. Didn't there used to be a sign there that said no afk crafting allowed awhile ago? What happened to that?!

If your the dude who puts the [Unidentified] bows in your pack animal, thank you! IF your the guy that recalls after creating an unidentified bow, thank you, I just steal the bow right before you run away. Easy peasy! Hiding is truly your best option, So hard to pull a steal off on one of those guys.

Metalhead-

Master
I don't support crafters having a bank there but I would whole heatedly support raw materials weighing less, the amount they can harvest being buffed per action click, and some other things like that. Tamers make way to much money off their pets vs the time that crafters have to put in regarding gathering, producing, and selling their items just to make a buck.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
i understand your point, but saving people recall regs and a 10 second delay of recalling in my opinion is not worthy of putting a bank there.

the suggestion that they put a bank there is literally only to protect crafters from losing items there, which plays on the risk vs reward idea.

besides, with the upcoming expansion, that place is going to be popping, so if part of your argument entails the fact that people dont stay there for long enough, that is a load of crap.

It wouldn't protect crafters from losing items at all. Crafters would carry their "precious" materials for the very same amount of time. The only difference is they would stay there to bank/restock instead of recalling and losing time.

There would just be more crafters, so more items to steal.

May I repeat : I also have a thief.

MirImage

Apprentice
Thing is the crafters guild has only one purpose : grouping crafters in one spot, IG, creating interactions... This idea would make it work more. And if thieves can steal at banks, they can steal there. Especially since you know people are going to take resources off their banks and put them in their packs. There will still be som meaty steal there. Maybe even more (with more people).

You notice how people are able to macro spell right next to the bank with a just having 1 of each reg in their back pack? what stops them from doing it with resources? They will do with AFK thus making it less of a interacting area.

StarBaby

Grandmaster
You notice how people are able to macro spell right next to the bank with a just having 1 of each reg in their back pack? what stops them from doing it with resources? They will do with AFK thus making it less of a interacting area.

unlike macroing magery or resists..... 99.9% of time... us crafters don't use the area for skill gain or to make unless amounts of slayer weapons..
we usually go there to fill our bods or make a couple of requested items..
like Metalhead said. Id even be happy if our resources didn't weigh so much.. As it is now I cant fill 1 bone armor bod with a few trips to the bank.. the large bods have me running back and forth 5 or 6txs... and the days id like to do 4 or 5 lbod's..... forget about it

Id also like to point out, that were not going to be afk while were doing BODs

Bromista

Grandmaster
People actually steal at the crafter's guild? LOL

I never see thieves there but still am very cautious when I craft with high value cloth. Armed guard/recall to hotkey/gumps pre-loaded.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Thing is the crafters guild has only one purpose : grouping crafters in one spot, IG, creating interactions... This idea would make it work more. And if thieves can steal at banks, they can steal there. Especially since you know people are going to take resources off their banks and put them in their packs. There will still be som meaty steal there. Maybe even more (with more people).
Many valid points are being made here.

That being said I still don't mind the minor inconveniences. Minor at best.

MirImage

Apprentice
unlike macroing magery or resists..... 99.9% of time... us crafters don't use the area for skill gain or to make unless amounts of slayer weapons..
we usually go there to fill our bods or make a couple of requested items..
like Metalhead said. Id even be happy if our resources didn't weigh so much.. As it is now I cant fill 1 bone armor bod with a few trips to the bank.. the large bods have me running back and forth 5 or 6txs... and the days id like to do 4 or 5 lbod's..... forget about it

Id also like to point out, that were not going to be afk while were doing BODs

I would say the afkers are mostly making slayers and there are some that will be gaining skill there rather an a dungeon.

Don't get me wrong, I use it to fill my BODs and I use to make barb suits for my vendors. It is annoying to recall to the bank to restock and drop off, but this is a minor annoyance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MirImage

Apprentice
People actually steal at the crafter's guild? LOL

I never see thieves there but still am very cautious when I craft with high value cloth. Armed guard/recall to hotkey/gumps pre-loaded.

Thieving there sucks because of the NPCs and there are usually enough people around that failure rates can be high. I haven't done it since the new area changed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I pulled an Unidentified bow off of an AFK crafter there yesterday, unfortunately, I then got auto guardwhacked, and some one else came along and looted it off of my corpse.......damn scavengers! Like literally while I was still there! No common decency or anything! I think I lost my jesters hat too......But I still got to keep my shoes!

Metalhead-

Master
If you see Noid, tell him he'll never get my shoes, or my freshness.

avoid-the-noid.jpg

BOGATYR

Open a gate. 2 guys drop Exp on the pack horse then leave through the gate, third guy grabs the bag and hits the gate. seen it happen. I lost 4 almost finished DC armor suits to it.

Things like this is what makes UO awesome. See, you even got a story out of it.