Bobby123 best money making guide for novice players !

De Medici

Grandmaster
Hi everybody, that sounds interesting but I have some questions.

The Altar you turn in the crystals is the champ altar? After turning in 50 crystals the boss appears or how does it work?. Do I get a chance to get relics when Iam offline during the boss gets killed?

Thx in advance!

jkg8787

Master
Hi everybody, that sounds interesting but I have some questions.

The Altar you turn in the crystals is the champ altar? After turning in 50 crystals the boss appears or how does it work?. Do I get a chance to get relics when Iam offline during the boss gets killed?

Thx in advance!
No.
Yes.
Yes.

In that order.

Shorted

Apprentice
Hello all! I am only a few days in to this server, but am looking for ways to make money. What are dungeon crystals? Sorry this didnt make much sense to me :)

StegcO

Grandmaster
Check WIKI for more details, btw are little crystals dropped from mobs (not 1:1 obviously) that can be placed in the related altar to have chance to drop a relic directly in your bank (even if you will be offline).

Destard, Covetous 5 and Hythloth

I hate when people throw the word ban around. Tell me about your ban experience. Please. *taps foot* I see people get away with WAY worse shit than me, and never suffer anything like a fully cleared account twice. Stop whining about grief and start building a community than destroying one. I know people hate me but it really fucking sucks to see shit like this on the forums, and even yet in game. It discourages others. it is not classy for your ages and I sometimes question why I play here. I don't like that at all. I want to have a will to play and enjoy it and share with others the experience. it doesn't have to be all hearts and shit, pking and stealing is dandy. Stop making it a vendetta to ruin someones full experience on UOF here. If anything I hope the idiots get banned. It makes people want to fucking quit when they see shit like that here, i hope everyone trashing it gets banned for fucking sure. that'd be nice.

Dimok

Master
Did they change the way Tmaps work recently? I remember some talk about changing them a year or 2 ago, but can't exactly remember what they were talking of changing...

Ludwig

Grandmaster
MOTM > dungeon crystals. You have to work harder and be aggressive about locking down spawns but, on average, you're going to get something for your time whereas dungeon crystals are a huge gamble every time.

StegcO

Grandmaster
I love motm spawn cause i can simply steal loot from a dead mob corpse without casting a single spell, thats why i think altar crystals are better for a newbie :)

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
MOTM > dungeon crystals. You have to work harder and be aggressive about locking down spawns but, on average, you're going to get something for your time whereas dungeon crystals are a huge gamble every time.

The thing is, variety is the spice of life, generally when the altar is up, it's only up for 30 min to 60 min - so you can farm up crystals for a bit, while working a meta path, and switch to MOTM in between.. MOTM spawn also generally isn't quick enough to keep you farming non stop, so doing a little of both is better all around..

batman

Grandmaster
They also added two new potential drops in the chest:

Portal focus frags (5 to spawn an RDA)

Perks
I am 143 lvl 5 tmaps down and not 1 portal!! Bad luck i guess
I have done well over 3k lvl 5 6 tmaps in the years ive been on this shard and have never seen a perk lol
Is the perk thing new in a chest??
And how do you get these lvl 7 tmaps
Cause i am still getting lvl 5 tmaps from. Ancient wyrms