Bomberman tourney!

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic

The Free City of Trinsic is hosting a Bomberman Tournament at 5 p.m. Eastern Saturday, March 26. Entry fee is $1K to play. This isn't set by me. It cost 1K to play regardless. Winners going into the final round will have their fee payed for them.

It will work like this...

Depending on how many people show up, we will have rounds with 4 to 8 people. The winners of those rounds will remain in the winner's circle. When all have played, the winners will then compete for the final round. No more than 8 can play at a time. If there are more than 8 winners, it will be divided into two rounds. Then the winners of that round will face each other in a final round.

Each winner will receive a prize (to be determined depending on the number of players). The final winner, the champion, will receive 100K and 1000 dono coins.

If you'd like to come early to practice that's fine. I'll be there 45 minutes early prior to the tourney to go over how to play. Once it begins, you need to know how to play. No do-overs because you blew yourself up because you didn't practice.

The game

Each player gets a blaze colored bag. That's your bombs. You double click it. A bomb will drop and then YOU MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. Special moves will drop as you blow stuff up. Boots make you go faster, candles extend the range (there are more but I don't know what they all do honestly). A blaze colored house deco tool is a detonator. You can drop bombs, run out of the way, then double click it to set the bombs off.

It's helpful to set a Use Last Object hotkey. Then after clicking the bomb bag once you can continually drop them by just hitting your hot hey. However, if you pick up the detonator, once you click it, you have to re-click your bomb bag. Some choose not to use the detonator for this reason but it's up to you.

If you have Search New Containers checked in Razor or Steam TURN IT OFF. This will cause you to blow up as soon as you click the bomb bag.

The bomberman game is located in East Brit, near the water. It is not the dock area with a gate that leads to the duel pit. It's just to the right of that. It has what looks like a guild stone there. Its almost due south of the bank.

I would suggest anyone wanting to participate, grab a friend and go practice (You need 2 to play). Remember, it does cost 1K to play, however. It only takes a game or two to catch on. Super fun and no skills are required. You don't die and don't lose anything so don't worry about gear.

This is open to everyone, not just Trin and its alliance. Be patient if this is huge as I'll probably be going nuts! Remember, this is for fun.

latest

Last edited by a moderator:

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Nice, I will try to be there. I used to be pretty good at Bomberman on Defiance. I guess we'll see if I'm still any good.

Cephlen

Neophyte
Sat March 24th? Not sure.. but according to my calendar March 24th is a Thursday.

Awesome! I'll try to come, but 5pm EST is usually too early for me in PST.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
oh damn. is it Thursday or Saturday? didn't notice the date was kinda fucked. if it's Thursday I won't be able to make it

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Thanks for having me! It was a blast! Hahahahaha... alright that was a bad joke... also sorry my conn was being shitty! Twas fun nevertheless!

geTLucKy--

Apprentice
Seems like a really cool event. Surprised to see the small turnout (assuming from the screenshot). How many were actually involved?