Booty Dungeon Chamber Fix

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Booty Dungeon has the potential to be an amazing hotbed of PvM and PvP action. It has the potential to be some of the most frequently completed content in the game. Unfortunately, none of that potential is being reached. Booty barely gets done, sometimes once every few days, sometimes once every couple of weeks. Unlike champs that are done every 4 hours, Booty's potential goes to waste. That can easily be fixed.

The reason why Booty isn't completed is because it's too griefable. One person or a couple of people, with no intentions on doing the bosses, getting a drop or PvPing, can shut down an entire guild's efforts of completing Booty. Unlike the "wild wild west" champing where anyone can raid on reds, defend on blues and get drops from the bosses, Booty's current setup allows for the grief to stop the entire shard from even wanting to do the content in the first place.

The problem:

The boxx Sphinx can be lured anywhere throughout the dungeon, using his boulders attack to spread massive damage all around. It makes it impossible to kill other bosses. Additionally, the Sphinx boss itself becomes impossible when people lure him around, or spend several hours dispelling the EVs that people are using to kill him. When he doesn't die, Medusa doesn't die, and the spawn can't be restarted until all 5 bosses are killed. Sometimes that takes weeks.

A solution:

Rather than allow Sphinx, massive spawn or other bosses to be lured through the entire level 2 of the dungeon, put in a physical obstacle in the way with a sparkle system to get across. This can be done exactly like what was done to the western exit of Oaks.

unknown-3.png

2222.png

You can do this either at the main choke point entering to the boss (shown in a red X) or the choke point to the area for that boss (shown in a blue X) If you want the spawn that's immediately outside the boss area to be within the confined area (offering more challenge and less safety) put the obstacle where the blue X is.

Untitled.png

With these change, the main concept of the dungeon doesn't get impacted. Both small groups and large guilds are all benefited, with a major advantage going to neither group. The content will get completed 10 times more than it is now, and veterans of the game have additional content to do and enjoy. (Full disclosure, as a member of City, with this change, we'll do Booty a ton, so our guild, in addition to others, will see a benefit.)

Bonus Suggestion 2: Remove the ability for anyone to mark a rune in the southern exit of level 2, this will stop people from skipping the entire dungeon and coming back over and over, regardless of deaths, all with an attempt to grief. It'll require a team member or a 2nd account to reverse gate in, rather than coming back via recall, immediately. Pic below:

unknown (1).png

Attachments

• bootymap2sphinx.png
    bootymap2sphinx.png
    639.1 KB · Views: 6
You know you can deal with any kind of griefing anywhere by killing the guy right? Why not just keep a few reds with hiding there to easily deal with the griefer? I think booty dungeon is meant to be super hard, not just more end-game content like harrowers that can be mindlessly grinded.

girana

Grandmaster
You know you can deal with any kind of griefing anywhere by killing the guy right? Why not just keep a few reds with hiding there to easily deal with the griefer? I think booty dungeon is meant to be super hard, not just more end-game content like harrowers that can be mindlessly grinded.

but that would require to play as group and not mindless green zerg.

KoldesLives

Journeyman

You can kill them, but with them being able to mark a rune in the back of the dungeon (my second suggestion) they can get back almost immediately, defeating the purpose of Booty. If you want to make it harder, not easier, then removing this marking of runes limits griefing and also makes it harder.

Booty itself will still require 1000 kills, and several guilds can go to different bosses and fight over the 4, the main objectives and challenge doesn't go away. (Sphinx and Minotaur boss trapped in that small room is tough.) Lastly, you're right in that it's meant to be super hard, but if it's also so griefable that it's impossible to do, and no one actually does the content, wouldn't "too easy" content be better than "unused, dead" content?

Nekronos

Master
+1
Great job laying it all out Koldes.
Not surprising that VANQ members (the guild only interested in preventing other groups from doing the content) are the only ones so far to argue for the status quo.

I would point out that the OP distinctly leaves open the ability of reds or blues to still come compete for the content, just have to come do it the old fashioned way by killing or out maneuvering the other group instead of luring one boss to ruin the whole experience. Yes you can kill blues over and over, but the ability to return within seconds via being able to recall right back in makes for a lop sided dynamic.

girana

Grandmaster
group A is killing the griefers again and again. while group B clears the dungeon.

i dont see the problem.

KoldesLives

Journeyman
If anything, the actual content of fighting the monsters gets harder. Hydra (SW) and the "arch demon" one (SE) are both easily done in their small areas. They don't need a larger area. The Minotaur one (NW) and Sphinx (NE) are all considerably harder if you only have a small area, their boss chamber, to kill them. Preventing others from getting in the room/not getting griefed and lured with spawn will get easier, but the actual content does not. This type of thing could actually benefit a guild like VANQ where smaller numbers can defend easier.

Additionally, with it getting spawned more often, all 4 bosses go up at once. If Booty turns into a madhouse of PvP and boss killing, this idea lends more fighting over which boss to go to first, where to fight your enemies, smaller groups being able to hold off larger guilds, etc.

I guess I don't understand the problem with recalling in? That's how it is at all other content, why should this be any different. If you think my opinions have changed since joining VANQ i'd love to hear a single example ^^ I don't care if it benefits VANQ or not, i just want things to be hard and fun. I've never even griefed or pk'd at booty

Everything in this game is way way too easy. No honest person can claim that any PvM content outside booty requires any real effort to complete if you're part of an established guild. Even if I have no interest in ever doing it I'm still against making anything easier, just on principle =D

girana

Grandmaster
Everything in this game is way way too easy. No honest person can claim that any PvM content outside booty requires any real effort to complete if you're part of an established guild. Even if I have no interest in ever doing it I'm still against making anything easier, just on principle =D

even booty dont reequire alot effort if you know what you doing.

sphinx is a bit tricky because its a copy paste boss that got put in a way to small room but still easy if you know how stuff is working

Well it seems hard to me at least. I could afk champs after spending 2 minutes writing a simple script =P Harrowers are completely static and easy to complete. Doing booty for the first time with City and dying multiple times with 20 other people was one of the few memorable PvM experiences I've had

Oh yeah, then we got no drops because no one had enough score. Freakin hilarious. If more pvm was like that maybe it'd be worth trying

Nekronos

Master
The intention of the OP is to make the content more accessible which should result in MORE fights over the content. One of my guilds favorite things, and the reason many of us do champs so much is the fighting that breaks out attached to this content. The problem with the current setup is it doesn’t foster an environment for fights, just grief of endlessly dragging the Sphinx around to stall any further progress. There are no reds brought it to wipe the other group, just single or small number of stealther to drag the boss around mucking up the whole level until people just give up leaving the remaining bosses to be finished without contest.
Let’s get more people doing it, more FIGHTING over it, and more fun out of it (fun is why most of us play). It’s funny Girana wanted to point out how stupid a stealther capping militia points was because you’re supposed to fight over it, but has no problem with a stealther being capable of coming back a million times to delay the completion of booty

The intention of the OP is to make the content more accessible which should result in MORE fights over the content. One of my guilds favorite things, and the reason many of us do champs so much is the fighting that breaks out attached to this content. The problem with the current setup is it doesn’t foster an environment for fights, just grief of endlessly dragging the Sphinx around to stall any further progress. There are no reds brought it to wipe the other group, just single or small number of stealther to drag the boss around mucking up the whole level until people just give up leaving the remaining bosses to be finished without contest.
Let’s get more people doing it, more FIGHTING over it, and more fun out of it (fun is why most of us play). It’s funny Girana wanted to point out how stupid a stealther capping militia points was because you’re supposed to fight over it, but has no problem with a stealther being capable of coming back a million times to delay the completion of booty

I would say make the rewards better but keep it just as difficult =D Then we'd have people actually trying to finish it despite the difficulty, and even more people who want to grief it. Win/win

Nekronos

Master
The rewards are already way better than anything in game though. I think you get 25% chance at a relic 5 times (one roll per boss). The reward to do the dungeon is great as is, the OP suggests let’s get more people competing for it by setting it up for raids/defense rather than cheap stealther being able to grind it to a stand still.

So why is a single stealther capping Militia point (which was originally intended to yield rewards) dumb, but stealther ruining booty which yield reward ideal?