Bring Back Bolas

Oaks

Neophyte
I was disappointed to see bolas disabled on the server.

I think bringing them back could add another level to PvP even if you changed them in a unique UOF way.

Thoughts?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Theyre probably going to be introduced but

a.) for factions only
b.) they will not fully dismount, only slow for a short period of time

better than nothing though.

Serj

Master
I don't really want bolas but if they introduced I think they should just go all the way and not make them faction only.

I just hate how if you're hit off your ethy you have to summon it again, right?

Keltonator

Grandmaster
I don't really want bolas but if they introduced I think they should just go all the way and not make them faction only.

And with 90% of the server using ethys, with the exception of a tamer or broke newb here and there, being hit by a bola would basically be a death sentence.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

Nah -- because of ethies being donation items they modified bolas to just slow someone for 3 seconds, not actually dismount them.

Peav

Grandmaster

And with 90% of the server using ethys, with the exception of a tamer or broke newb here and there, being hit by a bola would basically be a death sentence.

your answer: war horses.

resim.jpg

Serj

Master
being the young little whippersnapper that i am i didnt really play uoforever at all does it take a skill to throw bolas or can everyone throw them

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
sorry -- they "MIGHT" be introduced... I hope not though, the marathons of UOF are some of the finest tours of sosaria you will ever go on!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
being the young little whippersnapper that i am i didnt really play uoforever at all does it take a skill to throw bolas or can everyone throw them

On uoforever it required tactics... the proposal here is to require tactics AND a weapon skill.

Oaks

Neophyte
Bola Suggestions/Options -- Pick your Mix:

Only usable if your already on foot.

Both the thrower and the person dismounted cannot remount for X seconds
OR
make bolas a different type of "para" which has diminishing returns. Basically once hit you cant be affected by another bola for 60 seconds or something.

Only usable if you have Tinkering.

If on an ethereal and hit by a bola it puts you on foot for X seconds and then you're auto-remounted without having to summon the ethereal.

Shorten the range of using them.

Just some thoughts..

Theyre probably going to be introduced but

a.) for factions only
b.) they will not fully dismount, only slow for a short period of time

better than nothing though.

Bolas being only faction and only being a slow would be just a huge sack of shit.