Bring Back Bolas

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Any PvP changes should be server wide imo.

anything not server wide woudl just cause massive inbalance between Faction and non factions. i mena TAKE the Trin guard for example the like to RP hunt reds if you forced them to join factions your would either split the guild in two, open up all the crafter/rpers up to being attacked in towns or they fight at a massive disadvanage figthing red with gheal wands.

it just make 0 sense

Bola Suggestions/Options -- Pick your Mix:

Only usable if your already on foot.

Both the thrower and the person dismounted cannot remount for X seconds
OR
make bolas a different type of "para" which has diminishing returns. Basically once hit you cant be affected by another bola for 60 seconds or something.

Only usable if you have Tinkering.

If on an ethereal and hit by a bola it puts you on foot for X seconds and then you're auto-remounted without having to summon the ethereal.

Shorten the range of using them.

Just some thoughts..

Bolas being only faction and only being a slow would be just a huge sack of shit.

I dont care for autoremounted from ethy right now, but maybe have to still at least macro to double click the ethy. Might be worth trying though.

Serj

Master
anything not server wide woudl just cause massive inbalance between Faction and non factions. i mena TAKE the Trin guard for example the like to RP hunt reds if you forced them to join factions your would either split the guild in two, open up all the crafter/rpers up to being attacked in towns or they fight at a massive disadvanage figthing red with gheal wands.

it just make 0 sense

Truth - we don't have enough people who want to faction so it's not worth it.

it just make 0 sense
This should pretty much wrap up this debate. Nice post

Here is what I would like to see:

Put in bolas, no skill required to throw, no chance to miss if los isnt blocked.

Add ALL the wands.

Nerf pets in pvp.... A lot.

Remove alchemy bonus for explosion potions OR add power scrolls for all combat skills and balance other damages, resistances, mana, and healing correctly. And stat scrolls.

Add mount fatigue.

Oaks

Neophyte

it just make 0 sense

If they did Bola only for faction... then it's time to make Factions only able to attack and be attacked by other faction members. Remove them from normal world PvP because they alrdy get blessed weapons which is BS to begin with. That's no the main problem though honestly...

Back on topic with Bolas...

Just bring them back sooner than later :rolleyes:

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
then it's time to make Factions only able to attack and be attacked by other faction members. Remove them from normal world PvP because they alrdy get blessed weapons which is BS to begin with.
that needs to happen anyway, not that it matters since theyre getting removed for the militia system.

but ya its not jsut the bolas issue, its the whole "balancing out the wands that would balance out the bolas issue"

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If they did Bola only for faction... then it's time to make Factions only able to attack and be attacked by other faction members. Remove them from normal world PvP because they alrdy get blessed weapons which is BS to begin with. That's no the main problem though honestly...

Back on topic with Bolas...

Just bring them back sooner than later :rolleyes:

agreed... however it wasnt that only factioners would get to use bolas on everyone, its proposed that only factioners would be able to bola other factioners.... non factioners wouldnt be able to be bolad.

Serj

Master
agreed... however it wasnt that only factioners would get to use bolas on everyone, its proposed that only factioners would be able to bola other factioners.... non factioners wouldnt be able to be bolad.

Meh that's an okay idea but if wands and bolas are added in they midas well make them non faction too. That way if someome is new to pvp or whatever they don't get used to not having wands/bolas, then decide joining factions would be fun having no idea what to do with them.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Meh that's an okay idea but if wands and bolas are added in they midas well make them non faction too. That way if someome is new to pvp or whatever they don't get used to not having wands/bolas, then decide joining factions would be fun having no idea what to do with them.

Trust me... many of us want them shard wide however many people complained that theyre too difficult to use for newbs(to which I point out EQMS newbs used wands and bolas for years on uoforever).

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
And with 90% of the server using ethys, with the exception of a tamer or broke newb here and there, being hit by a bola would basically be a death sentence.

That is why it only belongs in factions. For skilled pvpers fielding each other. Not So pks could rape tamers,bards and crafters.
Excellent point.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Any PvP changes should be server wide imo.

No...there is no point in driving off all the NON pvpers. If that were to happen the pvmers would leave in droves. Without The Sheep who is there to farm? the server would die do to the boredom of fighting the same ppl over and over. You need balance in a game if the Pkers were to bola all their prey and it would happen..the explosion of complaints would be 100X greater. It is not worth losing the population..

Needs to be carefully examined with critical thinking not short term bliss.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
No...there is no point in driving off all the NON pvpers. If that were to happen the pvmers would leave in droves. Without The Sheep who is there to farm? the server would die do to the boredom of fighting the same ppl over and over. You need balance in a game if the Pkers were to bola all their prey and it would happen..the explosion of complaints would be 100X greater. It is not worth losing the population..

Needs to be carefully examined with critical thinking not short term bliss.

And how would the sheep feel if the pk that is trying to kill him has an extra free 30+ hp heal he can cast on the move?

it would pretty much remove the option of fighting back on a non faction blue.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Bola Suggestions/Options -- Pick your Mix:

Only usable if your already on foot.

Both the thrower and the person dismounted cannot remount for X seconds
OR
make bolas a different type of "para" which has diminishing returns. Basically once hit you cant be affected by another bola for 60 seconds or something.

Only usable if you have Tinkering.

If on an ethereal and hit by a bola it puts you on foot for X seconds and then you're auto-remounted without having to summon the ethereal.

Shorten the range of using them.

Just some thoughts..

Bolas being only faction and only being a slow would be just a huge sack of shit.

Hmm, here are my answers to how I ran my guild.Number one we always had a designated "bola *****" two people for crossing healing and a mindblast/curse any smart guild has these type of tactics.
And how would the sheep feel if the pk that is trying to kill him has an extra free 30+ hp heal he can cast on the move?

it would pretty much remove the option of fighting back on a non faction blue.

As we both know , not good. I never said I was in favor of that Mal. I am not in favor of huge guilds...I never have been if uyou go back and read all my old post you will see where I stated how I thought there should be a limit size but with the advance of voip how do you stop what is happening.....we can't go back in time.

Infact if you know how, please share...because frankly I loved having a guild that was no bigger than 10 ppl

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Trust me... many of us want them shard wide however many people complained that theyre too difficult to use for newbs(to which I point out EQMS newbs used wands and bolas for years on uoforever).

I bet you rascals would love it, like Shooting fish in a barrel.....

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
bolas are bad mkay... unless they make it for pvp and only pvp, there really isnt another reason to give pks to kill pvmers unless you give pvmers another way to fight back also. and no pvms having the option to bolas back is not an option

Malkraven

Grandmaster
bolas are bad mkay... unless they make it for pvp and only pvp, there really isnt another reason to give pks to kill pvmers unless you give pvmers another way to fight back also. and no pvms having the option to bolas back is not an option

i agree with you but the way they plan to imp bolas afaik would not really affect the solo pk or pvmer thou tbh you would have to dismount to throw it and it would not dismount the target only apply a 3 sec ish slow effect.

So by time u remounted and started chasing them the effect would probably be wasted. its a ganking tool be it 2v1 or 20v1anyone who says diff is bias or ********.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
ok that dismount thing would be cool. but at the same time there are rarely any 1v1 pvpers out there. now i'll go back and try to fight or do a good run for my money if they try to take me out... but theres rarely a 1v1 scenario where it wouldnt affect pvmers. let alone all the chaos that would ensue if you did that in champ spawns or rda's.

thats why im ok if it can only be used in militia vs militia or faction vs faction, but militia/faction vs non would be very op unless they impliment something else to counter it.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
i agree with you but the way they plan to imp bolas afaik would not really affect the solo pk or pvmer thou tbh you would have to dismount to throw it and it would not dismount the target only apply a 3 sec ish slow effect.

So by time u remounted and started chasing them the effect would probably be wasted. its a ganking tool be it 2v1 or 20v1anyone who says diff is bias or ********.

Amen! preach it ...

Malkraven

Grandmaster
ok that dismount thing would be cool. but at the same time there are rarely any 1v1 pvpers out there. now i'll go back and try to fight or do a good run for my money if they try to take me out... but theres rarely a 1v1 scenario where it wouldnt affect pvmers. let alone all the chaos that would ensue if you did that in champ spawns or rda's.

thats why im ok if it can only be used in militia vs militia or faction vs faction, but militia/faction vs non would be very op unless they impliment something else to counter it.

wont be any point in goin back to fight 1v1 unless you join factions. the faction red will have gheal wand you will not.

and i play faction reds or blues 99% of the time so it wont affect me in the slighest i just want to make people aware