Cauldron event

Blair

Master
Here's how it works:

Cauldrons will spawn in random locations in a town.
Monsters spawned by the cauldron have a chance to drop some event loot.
Monsters with titles have a chance to drop more types of event loot.
Event monsters have a chance of dropping body parts, throwing a body part at a cauldron of the same colour will damage the cauldron.

When a cauldron is destroyed it has a chance to spawn a cauldron keeper, that may also drop event loot.

Turner13

Grandmaster
For anyone that didn't go to Serps...

oYs4aDd.jpg

Young Star

Grandmaster
it ended last night. I think it was broken and not spawning the bosses as intended or something else was bugging out the server so they stopped it early.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
As per eppy it was pulled down and Adam is looking at code. Whether we get another go at I think is going to depend on what the problem is and how hard it is to fix.

halygon

Grandmaster
Has the event ended already or will it be restarting again?
It will be back.

As per eppy it was pulled down and Adam is looking at code. Whether we get another go at I think is going to depend on what the problem is and how hard it is to fix.
It is not broken, but it was a bit harder than could be actually managed so Adam will be doing some tweaks to make it less of a slaughter and more of an enjoyable event.

Young Star

Grandmaster
LoL. Yeah invasion level spawn is pretty challenging on it's own unless you get a good group to keep an area under control. This was like paragon invasion spawn. People are really liking the halloween mobs either way. A well needed kick in the pants to keep you on your toes and getting people together to kill the really high level ones.

halygon

Grandmaster
LoL. Yeah invasion level spawn is pretty challenging on it's own unless you get a good group to keep an area under control. This was like paragon invasion spawn. People are really liking the halloween mobs either way. A well needed kick in the pants to keep you on your toes and getting people together to kill the really high level ones.
Well from the scenes I saw, it looked pretty impossible. They were eating metas like crazy.. so much in fact, we never even rolled out the four horsemen as that would be overkill.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Well from the scenes I saw, it looked pretty impossible. They were eating metas like crazy.. so much in fact, we never even rolled out the four horsemen as that would be overkill.
Yes that was definitely overboard having the whole invasion spawn all basically paragon level monsters. That would have been pretty tough even if they were all normal mobs.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Bah. Really wasn't that bad. Just a matter of taking your time and controlling your area. Did it for an hour with only one death which was completely my fault.

Was actually fantastic for meta skill gain.