Deepwater Pirate

WarSmith666

Master
hi all was wondering what template I should be using for a deepwater pirate. my first time making a pirate and im relatively new. I know I should have fishing but what about the rest? any ideas are welcome. if its possible please let me know your own template. thanks in advance.

halv

Grandmaster
Why fishing? A pirate needs no fishing. ;)
If you like to play a pirate you need to cast EVs and poison fields on the other ship.
Put on a bow and start shooting the other crewl,
I would say a good fishing pirate would look like
120 Fishing
100 Tracking
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Archery
100 Tactics
100 of your choice.
Stats like 100/60/65 or something.

WarSmith666

Master
Separate fisherman and pirate.

Pirate:
1.Archery
2.Tactics
3.Anatomy
4.Magic Res
5.Magery
6.?
7.?

Fisherman/Tmapper: (I already started this one need help for remaining skills please)
1.Fishing
2.Lock Picking
3.Cartography
4.Item Identification
5.Hiding
6.?
7.?

Maybe Magery Magic Res?

any ideas and opinions totally welcomed.

halv

Grandmaster
I did a Fisherman-THunter template long time ago, don't do it. You will change it after the first 20 chests.

Put together a whole crew. Three chars on a Long Dragon Boat can do awesome things.
ex. my fishing crew (i don't do pirating).
Captain (Meta Mage Fisherman - running fishing macro):
120 Fishing
100 Tracking (i use crowsnest and any pirate never comes close to me - scan the horizons macro)
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Evaluate Int
100 Resisting Spells
100 Spirit Speak (30% less mana with Mage Tali)

First Officer (Archer Mage Fisherman - running fishing macro):
120 Fishing
100 Tracking (same like Captain to "Scan the Horizons")
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Resisting Spells
He is my EV-caster, i don't use him for offensive spells, cast one or two EVs on the enemy ship and switch to bow to finish the crew.

Deckhand (Bard Archer):
100 Musicanship
120 Peacemaking
120 Provocation
100 Discordance
100 Archery
100 Tactics
64 Magery
16 Meditation
This char is normally doing the work. Cutting of the scales and hides, provoking, peacing and looting the mobs after shooting them with arrows.
If it's going ugly with a huge spawn this is my man.
It's hard to TAB-play three chars on one boat, but it's the most efficent way to get MiBs or fishing nets quick.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
hi all was wondering what template I should be using for a deepwater pirate. my first time making a pirate and im relatively new. I know I should have fishing but what about the rest? any ideas are welcome. if its possible please let me know your own template. thanks in advance.
Wrestling and Swordsmanship worked for me.

Your template will depend on your crew, ship and how you prey on folks. Some information here will give you an introduction. Also sent you some convos with detailed info that should break your options down.