Dexxer Meta

Kilike

Grandmaster
As stated before missing 6-10 times in a row is a joke on Dexxers. Dexxers would be far more fun to play if they didn't miss so much and so often, but as it stands now there's no reason to play them over a tamer, bard or mage, besides them being the more fun class to play if it wasn't for all the missing.

SO!!!!! Lets add hit chance to the Meta tali. Increase hit chance x% per level. This keeps it balanced as it won't effect pvp at all, and brings our power up without making us dominate Tamers, Meta Mage. The idea should be at level 10 you hardly miss, and should almost never miss multiple times in a row if at all. This would bring more interest into the Meta Tali overall, and could only benefit the server.

You're a pk? Guess whose out farming to level their Tali, OR has it maxxed and is out with more money for you to grab.

You sell relics? Oh well there's more of a demand for them since people can actually land attacks now, thus playing their dexxer again.

If you disagree I'd love to hear your responses. Other than the most casual sounding point that seems to get made being "Missing so much is what makes Hard mobs hard".. It shouldn't be hard because of RNG effecting every swing. This is a piss poor excuse for a game mechanic and is seriously out dated, and even EA noticed it. Also the "don't fight mobs with x amount of wrestle" is a mute point as well as you can miss lower tier mobs just as much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
In the immortal words of my buddy...
"I approve this message!!"

This has been a public service announcement and should be examined and fixed!
Thank you and enjoy your day!

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
It has always simply amazed me how much you miss at GM. I mean really, if you would run into a real master swordsman I dont think you'd see him miss much! Just saying! :)

At least add PSs for the ability to have a higher hit chance.

Kilike

Grandmaster
You don't think if two master swordsmen were fighting that they would have trouble hitting each other?
Sure they would, but we're not worried about pvp hit chance. Do you think a Grandmaster Archer would miss the broad side of a barn? No? Oh then why do they miss mobs the size of one? Non the less; sillyness aside. This needs to be adressed @eppy and putting it in with the Meta tali makes sense. (as a non relic)

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Stop fighting mobs with 140 wrestle. This isn't an issue. I think it would be nice to add power scrolls for wrestle swords Mace archery and Fencing just to help the power scroll market and you could make then pvm only or not since wrestle would be available. But there really isn't an issue here with the tali you now have abilities you can use that never miss already.

Now as for all these claims of missing 10 times in a row. I would love for someone to post a video if then standing still next to a mob and This actually happening. Although possible I think it is more people exaggerating their experiences more than anything.

Statically you have <1% chance to miss 10 times in a row with gm fighting skill versus a mob with 140.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Stop fighting mobs with 140 wrestle. This isn't an issue. I think it would be nice to add power scrolls for wrestle swords Mace archery and Fencing just to help the power scroll market and you could make then pvm only or not since wrestle would be available. But there really isn't an issue here with the tali you now have abilities you can use that never miss already.

Now as for all these claims of missing 10 times in a row. I would love for someone to post a video if then standing still next to a mob and This actually happening. Although possible I think it is more people exaggerating their experiences more than anything.

Statically you have <1% chance to miss 10 times in a row with gm fighting skill versus a mob with 140.
You clearly don't play a dexxer of any kind. The don't fight mob with wrestle over 140 defense is worn out and is a lie that helps no one. Go play a dexxer, get your head out of your ass, then come back.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Ok. A little wager? You name t the mob and we time and see who takes longer to kill it? I will use the dexer I have and you use any char you like? (Excluding shadow elementals due to their immunity to melee. )

Or even better and let me name the mob and I'll give you 10 to 1 odds on a 1m gold bet.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Ok. A little wager? You name t the mob and we time and see who takes longer to kill it? I will use the dexer I have and you use any char you like? (Excluding shadow elementals due to their immunity to melee. )

Or even better and let me name the mob and I'll give you 10 to 1 odds on a 1m gold bet.
One of these days Sure I'd take the wager for the sake of fun. However if you're playing a dexxer and you can do THAT well, how can you even begin to argue this isn't an issue? Lets' break your comment down.

"Statically you have <1% chance to miss 10 times in a row with gm fighting skill versus a mob with 140."
This means I should almost never miss even against those mobs... IF that were true (and it's not) why would you suggest "Stop fighting mobs with 140 wrestle"?? Now if you would of read my entire post; at the very end I mention this horseshit of a lie. It's just that A LIE. Plenty of dexxers, myself included have said over and over again that this is no where near true. I miss in streaks of 5-10 all the time.

I'd need to know the exact years the server chooses to emulate so I could check wayback machine to see different mobs wrestle as I'd assume current stats on mobs may differ. Non the less you seriously can't deny that dexxers miss far too often.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
To have a <1% chance to miss 10 times in a row doesn't mean you should hardly miss. It actually means you should miss 63% of the time which is the case in the example I gave.

So I say either take my bet or show me a video of you missing 10 in a row while standing next to a mob.

Kilike

Grandmaster
To have a <1% chance to miss 10 times in a row doesn't mean you should hardly miss. It actually means you should miss 63% of the time which is the case in the example I gave.

So I say either take my bet or show me a video of you missing 10 in a row while standing next to a mob.
My mistake I did misread what you had wrote for that part. However 63% chance to miss is absurd all by it's self, and when I'm out and about on my dexxer Maybe I'll look into fraps or something and will post a video of it, as your challenge does nothing to prove the point one way or the other. It's just your ability to flex at your relics/gear, while not addressing that we miss far too much, far too often, and far to many times in a row.

If you have an archer, go play it and come back and tell me it's not terrible to play because missing that often with the slowest speed is unbearable. Maybe you are an archer I don't know, but I know plenty who hate it for that reason. Melee doesn't seem as bad as we swing more, but it's still noticeable for sure.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Archers feel it the worst because they move during a shot and cause misses. 63% to miss on something with 40 more skill points is not crazy out of whack either. As I said I would support adding fighting power scrolls but that is mainly to help the power scroll market although it would give dexer a higher hit chance against high level mobs.

Misses suck when they happen at the wrong time but it doesn't happen nearly as often as people think and if a dexer can do same damage as a level 7 meta then I'm going to say we're pretty balanced.