Diversifying Mage PvP

K A Z

Grandmaster
Ugh... I've always hated that argument. "A great player using wrestling and fishing can kill a toddler running a stun/alchy mage, therefore wrestling/fishing is viable in PvP." You don't compare lesser and greater ability when comparing the effectiveness of two builds... you compare the builds. As has been said numerous times on this server, alchy/stun is the meta mage build. With the number of skills that can compliment a mage, one skillset shouldn't be vastly better than the rest in any situation.

Tell me K A Z: in mage 1v1 only, what would separating stun and alchy do for mage vs mage PvP?

it'd become fucking boring and nobody would ever die? I don't see why you're hating on alchystuns so much?! There is really NO NEED to make any changes here, and particular not in the way you've suggested them. Why should PVP be centered around mage 1v1 anyways?

K A Z

Grandmaster
You want to change the game entirely is what you're saying and I do not see why. You neither have the PVP experience it needs to really comment on current affairs nor do you have really good suggestions.. to me this all reads as "please change something so others do not enjoy pvp anymore"

Winstonian

Grandmaster
You want to change the game entirely is what you're saying and I do not see why. You neither have the PVP experience it needs to really comment on current affairs nor do you have really good suggestions.. to me this all reads as "please change something so others do not enjoy pvp anymore"
Why the arrogance? I don't have the PvP experience to make suggestions here? How ridiculous is that?

Not only do you know nothing about me or my PvP experience, I'm arguing with truths that have all already been established here. Irregardless of my PvP experience, alchy/stun is the meta mage build for mage 1v1, and I've always disagreed with meta builds existing. It shouldn't be "you must have alchy/stun to compete in mage 1v1", and that's exactly what it is right now.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Why the arrogance? I don't have the PvP experience to make suggestions here? How ridiculous is that?

Not only do you know nothing about me or my PvP experience, I'm arguing with truths that have all already been established here. Irregardless of my PvP experience, alchy/stun is the meta mage build for mage 1v1, and I've always disagreed with meta builds existing. It shouldn't be "you must have alchy/stun to compete in mage 1v1", and that's exactly what it is right now.

Not arrogance, I'm merely observing things. You have little to no clue about how PVP works in UO and UOF in general and are making false assumptions under which you're then trying to ruin the game for everyone who likes the PVP as is right now (and everyone who does not need incentives to actually go, fight and enjoy the game!) And I think that that is very unfair from you, tbh. Your last sentence shows your ignorance when it comes to PVP as it is NOT like this, as I've stated a few posts ago. A good player will always win, regardless of the template. Hell, in a duel setup even a fucking tankmage is viable!!!

I really think that this thread is utterly trash, tbh. You're making false assumptions and are suggesting things that would lead to so many follow-up problems, it's ridiculous.

TyroneG

Master
Why shouldn't alchy/stun mages be made as viable as heal/scribe/nox mages in group combat instead? Buff plz...

Each template has something they are good at.

Alchy/stun is good 1v1
Scribe/stun is good against superior numbers
Heal/stun is good for dungeon fighting and surviving
Poison/stun is good against organized groups

Like Kaz said making people choose between stun and alchy would mean nobody decent would die.

You also claim that alchy mages are the best mage build 1v1, but a PvP tamer is arguably much better.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Not arrogance, I'm merely observing things. You have little to no clue about how PVP works in UO

You have absolutely no clue about me or my PvP experience. Comments like this are asinine.

A good player will always win, regardless of the template.
It's so weird, because you just said this:

"it'd become fucking boring and nobody would ever die?"

So, breaking up the meta mage build would be "fucking boring" because "nobody would ever die", while a "good player will always win, regardless of the template"? Quite contradictory. Your second sentence falls in line with my call for more build diversity, as, hey, all of the self-proclaimed good players will still win.

But, yes, I know... you are completely in favor of stun/alchy mages because you run one, but were against PvP tamers because you didn't. The whole "adapt to me so I don't have to" thing.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Like Kaz said making people choose between stun and alchy would mean nobody decent would die.
Nah, K A Z said that a good player will always win, regardless of the template. It's right up there.

You also claim that alchy mages are the best mage build 1v1, but a PvP tamer is arguably much better.
I've specified "mage 1v1" numerous times. We know what the conversation is. But, yeah, pre-nerf, PvP tamers were far superior. It's why the mages begged for nerfs.

K A Z

Grandmaster
You have absolutely no clue about me or my PvP experience. Comments like this are asinine.

It's so weird, because you just said this:

"it'd become fucking boring and nobody would ever die?"

So, breaking up the meta mage build would be "fucking boring" because "nobody would ever die", while a "good player will always win, regardless of the template"? Quite contradictory. Your second sentence falls in line with my call for more build diversity, as, hey, all of the self-proclaimed good players will still win.

But, yes, I know... you are completely in favor of stun/alchy mages because you run one, but were against PvP tamers because you didn't. The whole "adapt to me so I don't have to" thing.

I can sense that you suck at PVP, man.. it's nothing personal, no need to get all salty over me not being in favor of your utterly trashy suggestion! How would you kill somebody without stun? DO you even run a stunmage? As for me: I run a PVP tamer, too. Where is your fucking point? Do you even remember what we asked for to be changed in regards to PVP tamers? I bet you dont. This thread is garbage garbage garbage³ and you have no real suggestions other than "I dont like it how it is, ruin it for the others".

K A Z

Grandmaster
Nah, K A Z said that a good player will always win, regardless of the template. It's right up there.

I've specified "mage 1v1" numerous times. We know what the conversation is. But, yeah, pre-nerf, PvP tamers were far superior. It's why the mages begged for nerfs.

explain how PVP tamers were superior and why they suck now. And then explain to me why I see more pvp tamers PVPing in UOF in 2018 than I've ever seen before?!

TyroneG

Master
Actually, I could be wrong, but I believe K A Z has and played a PvP tamer. As do I. At the time of us asking for nerfs you could run a stun template without giving up hardly any skills and it was obviously imbalanced.

I am saying that even post tamer "nerf" PvP tamers are arguably better than alchy stuns.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
A "wise" man once said:
- stun tamers. It's been what? 1 year? 2 Years? And we're still stuck with this fucking pay2win template. Anyone dare to explain why we need a 8x template that can only be BOUGHT with high sums of gold? Dumb, ********, shitty are the adjectives that come to my mind when I think of that fuckery of a template. CHANGE.

- Explosion potions and splash damage. I used to hate this myself, but having played diff servers as of late (keke), I love it now. And it's fucking good to counter a zerg! Imagine EQMS noobs killing themselves with their own pots because they keep on missing them..fucking hilarious! Faction fights inside towns are non-existing, anyways. Add asap! (but add a TRUE VERSION of this. Explopots hit EVERYONE, no MATTER if you're red, blue, or chinese.)
This person said all of this in a thread HE/SHE created in which he wanted a series of changes.

I guess when they say it, the suggestions are valid. Interesting.

K A Z

Grandmaster
A "wise" man once said:

This person said all of this in a thread HE/SHE created in which he wanted a series of changes.

I guess when they say it, the suggestions are valid. Interesting.

LOL!!! As if you EVER had one of those Stuntamers and as if this change didn't only hurt vet players who were exploiting a loophole. GTFO, you've been exposed and are now retreating to cheap attempts at somehow disqualifying the things I say.

As for the splash damage: Yea, I still agree with that, though that quote stems from a different era when UOF was haunted by the purple plague. True splash damage would be alright with me but in the end it barely changes SHIT and that's a fact.

TyroneG

Master
You can go through my history too and pull up any quote you want. I stand by them all 100%. Feel free to look through my banned alt (agauo) too.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Just confused. I clearly know nothing about PvP in UO and UOF because I'm proposing PvP changes and want expl potions changes. You did exactly that.

In other words, the PvP Elite don't feel that others are worthy of making suggestions to their format. Yeah, it's a system that caters to you, which exactly what needs to be changed for the health of UOF.

TyroneG

Master
His explo pot change makes actual since and has been mostly implemented already. That was before explo pots hit teammates at all.

Your suggested explo pot change is bad and makes very little sense and is still probably the most rational suggestion you made.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
His explo pot change makes actual since and has been mostly implemented already. That was before explo pots hit teammates at all.

Your suggested explo pot change is bad and makes very little sense and is still probably the most rational suggestion you made.
I've advocated for expl pots splashing and hitting everyone... that's one of the things I said. If that change is made, I'd ask for no other PvP skill changes. So, it makes sense. Sounds good. Let's do it.

drasked

Grandmaster
Your suggested explo pot change is bad and makes very little sense

ex0rqf4.jpg

drasked

Grandmaster
As for the splash damage: Yea, I still agree with that, though that quote stems from a different era when UOF was haunted by the purple plague. True splash damage would be alright with me but in the end it barely changes SHIT and that's a fact.

I'm pretty sure this was from before they added friendly fire splash damage to explo pots.

Seems like they found the perfect balance, splash damage from explo pots hitting allies without all the weird guard whack stuff.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Uh, what weird guard wack stuff? You mean hitting innocent players or things with explosion potions? That's not weird... it prevented expl potions from being thrown in town. If players made the choice to throw in town, they ran a clear and obvious risk. And that's how it should be.

I agree with K A Z. Let's have purple pots splash and I have no complaints with the PvP mechanics.