Explosion Pot Gank

Shane,

Can you please fix the explosion pot gank. For one, how is that explosion pots do not do AOE damage? It is an explosion pot, it explodes. But the most important thing of all is to fix the magical flying explosion pots that will fly threw the air for several screens and hit you. All you have to do is run behind them, have your script running and it auto throws explosion pots that NEVER MISS. If you are not going to change this, can you make my magery spells instant cast, and castable while running so I can have a chance at fighting back. Or post a thread that explains how to defend against magical explosion pots that are throwable while running and fly threw the air and track you and never miss?

My suggestion to fix this is to make explosion pots have a cast timer to throw, second when thrown they will go to the spot where it targeted to go to, not able to track players around corners, third make the explosion pots aoe damage as well.

Marcus

K A Z

Grandmaster
Shane,

Can you please fix the explosion pot gank. For one, how is that explosion pots do not do AOE damage? It is an explosion pot, it explodes. But the most important thing of all is to fix the magical flying explosion pots that will fly threw the air for several screens and hit you. All you have to do is run behind them, have your script running and it auto throws explosion pots that NEVER MISS. If you are not going to change this, can you make my magery spells instant cast, and castable while running so I can have a chance at fighting back. Or post a thread that explains how to defend against magical explosion pots that are throwable while running and fly threw the air and track you and never miss?

My suggestion to fix this is to make explosion pots have a cast timer to throw, second when thrown they will go to the spot where it targeted to go to, not able to track players around corners, third make the explosion pots aoe damage as well.

Marcus

run the pots into the thrower, run around corners once their pot is on 2, if theyre red walk the pots into blue healers, use your 30 HP gheal pots to nullify 2 explopots (at GM alchy), use miniheal which can't be disturbed and is like instantly casted to nullify an explopot at a time, don't cry when people who are better than you at this game kill you, insert more advice here

concerning "true AOE": that helps noone. It just bans faction PVP from towns due to likkle fgits running pots into vendors in an 1v1 situation.

halygon

Grandmaster
Shane,

Marcus
UOF does have a different system in regards to explosion potions than a lot of shards out there, which does take some getting used to.

Although it seems like when you are being chased down that your opponent never misses and throws a perfect explosion potion every single time, making you think a robot is behind you -- the truth of the matter is, you were either chased by an experienced player or you were making it very easy on them. As @K A Z said, there are many ways to avoid explosion potions, or to minimize their effectiveness. Learning these is not something that may be intuitive, so I would suggest working with some players that do know the ins and outs of that sort of combat to help you become a master at dodging them.

Exp pots already have a timer on them, which is by the way - randomized, that must count down before the explosion potion can explode.

Following players? This comes down to the fact that UOF does not have stamina or mount stamina loss while running. It is a balancing aspect to have explosion potions be useful against people who run because otherwise anyone attacked could run and ALWAYS get away. This sounds great from a runner's perspective, but you need to think that it also needs to be fair for the attacker too!

AoE damage - Like it was said above, if this was enabled, it would reduce the amount of in-city fighting because it is too easy to accidentally hit an innocent bystander, which takes away from encouraging PvP on UOF.

I hope this clarifies things for you a bit.

agauo

Master
I wish explo pots did static damage and not spread out splash damage when multiple things are around. Tamers take little-no damage from explo pots while their pets are next to them.

Halygon it looks like you read my post unlike K A Z who just read the title.

I hear what you are saying Halygon, but you say that they are timing the throw, and this is false because timing the throw like back in old OSI days means that you click wait about 1-2 seconds then throw it. These people throw it and it follows you around a corner. This would mean that explosion pots have tracking. You can see the pot flying threw the air counting down and making turns, so do not tell me that they are timing the throw. This is the issue that needs to be fixed.

I get that if I am standing there, and they time the throw perfectly and I don't move I get hit, I am cool with that. But what everyone seems to miss is the fact that they can throw the pot while running. The pot does not land where targeted, it follows you around corners which I say once again to drive my point home, the explosion pots have tracking.

Second to respond to K A Z about drinking a heal pot, my character actually stops to drink a pot, which gets the ganker closer to me which I don't want. This now gives him time to throw another 30 point explosion pot and hit me with his weapon which would usually do about 45-60 points of damage just to drink maybe a 35-45 heal? Not worth it K A Z.

Also K A Z there is zero skill in running a script to throw pots, and then run behind with a weapon. The player is not better, just lazier, and less morals for using an exploit in the system of the game that should not be there.

The people that are responding in favor of this, have either not been ganked( I use the word gank because of how OP it is and you would say the same when you get attacked by it, I have never once even came close to defending this type of attack. I have been mowed down every time.), or they have this character and are using this exploit this as well.

lost

Grandmaster
here we go.. i died so that person must be scripting. do u know how many blues us reds chase to the brit bridge every day? u dont think we have enough time to learn based on our own ping when to throw a pot at you? get a clue, not everything can be blamed on scripting, its quite easy to throw a purple pot at sometime running, its not like you have to multitask casting a spell, YOURE RUNNING IN A STRAIGHT LINE AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO FOCUS ON?
lol.

get healing or heal pots maybe it'll help. or just dont play on a server without trammel. and what? you have to stop to drink a heal pot? no no, make a macro to use potion heal pot, its under razor and steam.. you dont have to pause man, neither do u have you pause to apply bandages.

in your defense, yes a heal pot wont completely save you due to the timer on use.

i get ganked all the time on my red, by the tons of blues that camp guardline, its part of the game. if you have to stop to use a heal pot its more reasonable to assume that even without explosion pots being "scripted" you will still most likely die due to lack of experience.

i think the best advice anyone can give you at your point of experience is to:
always precast recall when you are not within one screen of a house you can run to or the guard zone. don't be embarrassed, you will be one of many doing it

Last edited by a moderator:

agauo

Master
You don't have to slow down to use a heal pot.. and any halfway decent pvper does not rely on scripts to throw pots or do anything else. People that rely on these crutches are not good players at all.

here we go.. i died so that person must be scripting. do u know how many blues us reds chase to the brit bridge every day? u dont think we have enough time to learn based on our own ping when to throw a pot at you? get a clue, not everything can be blamed on scripting, its quite easy to throw a purple pot at sometime running, its not like you have to multitask casting a spell, YOURE RUNNING IN A STRAIGHT LINE AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO FOCUS ON?
lol.

get healing or heal pots maybe it'll help. or just dont play on a server without trammel. and what? you have to stop to drink a heal pot? no no, make a macro to use potion heal pot, its under razor and steam.. you dont have to pause man, neither do u have you pause to apply bandages.

in your defense, yes a heal pot wont completely save you due to the timer on use.

i get ganked all the time on my red, by the tons of blues that camp guardline, its part of the game. if you have to stop to use a heal pot its more reasonable to assume that even without explosion pots being "scripted" you will still most likely die due to lack of experience.

i think the best advice anyone can give you at your point of experience is to:
always precast recall when you are not within one screen of a house you can run to or the guard zone. don't be embarrassed, you will be one of many doing it
^^^
Wow another person who reads the title and not the post.

This section of the forums is for suggestions. I wrote a suggestion for Shane, I didn't write my post in the complaining spot.

Once again, I didn't run in a straight line, read the damn post. I ran around a corner and the pot follows me. Which would me that the pots have a form of tracking. Why do people get on posts and not read then give their opinion without even reading the full post.

I mention scripting because they are using a two-handed weapon and can throw a pot without the two-handed weapon appearing to leave their hand. Also if you think that people are not using EasyUO then you are just naïve. When have you ever seen a game that people have not cheated on? I wouldn't be coming to the forums if this was an exploit that needs to be fixed, hint why I am in the suggestion part. I may not be able to out pvp everyone in the game, but I cannot even come close to even putting a dent in the health bar of this template. They run up on your screen and before you know it they have hit you with a 30 point never miss, cant fizzle explosion pot. Then if they hit you with their weapon there goes another 30 points ish, now I am below 30 points in health. At this point I am off to the races and here comes the tracking explosion pot that flies throw the air tracking me(and not running in a straight line and even if I was, when you throw something at someone does it magically keep going or does it have a set projectory?)

For all future people wanting to comment, read the post first and use your head.

God.RG

Grandmaster
^^^

This section of the forums is for suggestions. I wrote a suggestion for Shane, I didn't write my post in the complaining spot.

Once again, I didn't run in a straight line, read the damn post. I ran around a corner and the pot follows me. Which would me that the pots have a form of tracking. Why do people get on posts and not read then give their opinion without even reading the full post.

I mention scripting because they are using a two-handed weapon and can throw a pot without the two-handed weapon appearing to leave their hand. Also if you think that people are not using EasyUO then you are just naïve. When have you ever seen a game that people have not cheated on? I wouldn't be coming to the forums if this was an exploit that needs to be fixed, hint why I am in the suggestion part. I may not be able to out pvp everyone in the game, but I cannot even come close to even putting a dent in the health bar of this template. They run up on your screen and before you know it they have hit you with a 30 point never miss, cant fizzle explosion pot. Then if they hit you with their weapon there goes another 30 points ish, now I am below 30 points in health. At this point I am off to the races and here comes the tracking explosion pot that flies throw the air tracking me(and not running in a straight line and even if I was, when you throw something at someone does it magically keep going or does it have a set projectory?)

For all future people wanting to comment, read the post first and use your head.
If it followed you, then he threw it while you were still in range.. Before you turned the corner.

K A Z

Grandmaster
^^^

I'm sorry to tell you, but you're just a noobo. Do I have to record how I eat some Alchydexxers in the pitz for you?

If it followed you, then he threw it while you were still in range.. Before you turned the corner.
Yes the fact that it followed me is the very reason for my whole post. Potions should not be able to follow you like a spell does. There was no magic involved ie no mana spent to cause the potion to magically follow another character. When you throw something at someone, does it follow them around corners, or follow a set trajectory?

Even if I don't turn a corner and use line of sight, when a potion is thrown it should be thrown at the spot where the person is, and if they move it hits where the spot was, not magically follow
I'm sorry to tell you, but you're just a noobo. Do I have to record how I eat some Alchydexxers in the pitz for you?
Great come back you really got me with that one. Occupation nuttin, hmmm sounds like a winner boys. FYI in America it is noob, not noobo get your insults right.

halygon

Grandmaster
Keep it constructive as this is a suggestions thread. Seriously help a guy out instead of flame him for inexperience.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Keep it constructive as this is a suggestions thread. Seriously help a guy out instead of flame him for inexperience.

I'd be more than happy to that if all these noobs wouldn't alway act as if they're likkle misunderstood gods at this game.

Back to topic: OP should maybe play on this Shard a bit longer than his (suspected) 5 days before judging a game-mechanic that is as important for the Shard as the one that is discussed here. The "tracking" or also "heat-seeking" that he is describing here is actually also reported as a bug or by some also called "feature" from back on UOR OSI.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
The "tracking" or also "heat-seeking" that he is describing here.

TRACKING??

Don't get me started :D

189135d1363283163-discuss-gbp-usd-h2-2012-shake-harder-boy_1057743_gifsoup.com.gif

halygon

Grandmaster
^^^

There are a few things you should probably know.

Exp pots don't exactly track you -- the animation shows them doing this -- but they don't really. What is actually happening is that the potion is thrown and you are targeted just like a spell. Direct line-of-sight is required for this. When you see the animation tracking you, it is really just showing the pot hitting you, if you run around a corner after it is thrown, the animation is weird and makes it "track" you. EBs and other projectile type magery spells do this also if you watch.

As far as scripting goes -- no one is going to use EasyUO for this because you can easily create an auto-throwing macro in Razor, Sallos, or UOSteam. The issue is, auto-throwing scripts are not used very much because well frankly there is alot of variables to take into account in PvP and a macro makes you have to stick to the rules that it is designed for. This means that someone can easily trip you up if you are relying on a macro. Most folks are just decent to good at throwing explosion potions and dont need macros for it. It is really easy to blame a mechanic on a script when someone is good at that mechanic.

You say that you cannot make a dent in the person's health who did this to you? More than likely he is just better at PvP than you. One of my main templates that I play has no alchemy at all and I deal with alchemist characters all the time. It just takes practice and experience to know how to deal with them. I think what trips most people up when they start into PvP on a shard with UOFs ruleset is that so many things are happening at once, that it is hard to track them all, while experienced folks know what to watch out for and what they can ignore in a fight.

My strong recommendation here is, if you are interested in PvP (or learning to defend yourself), you should try some red/blue fights at West brit bridge or practice in the duel pits. These are both great places at learning and will quickly get you comfortable with what can happen during a fight and teach you how to deal with it. Of course, if you have questions about specific scenarios, just start a thread on here and we will chip in and provide advice.

-------------

Now ALL OF THAT said, this is your suggestions thread, which means that it is your responsibility to defend your suggestion and provide disbelievers reasons why it should be implemented. Moderators like me will help to keep it flame free, but we do not defend against constructive criticism.

Shini

Master
Honestly i find it mind blowing after seeing so many people who assumes that
almost everybody use ''uber l33t scriptz'' to throw purple pots.

Because i'm pretty confident that anybody on this game who practiced for 5 minutes or less can do
it extremely easily and consistently by simply using a purple pot hotkey and last target.

Just give it a try please.

Last edited by a moderator: