Explosion Pot Gank

There are a few things you should probably know.

Exp pots don't exactly track you -- the animation shows them doing this -- but they don't really. What is actually happening is that the potion is thrown and you are targeted just like a spell. Direct line-of-sight is required for this. When you see the animation tracking you, it is really just showing the pot hitting you, if you run around a corner after it is thrown, the animation is weird and makes it "track" you. EBs and other projectile type magery spells do this also if you watch.

As far as scripting goes -- no one is going to use EasyUO for this because you can easily create an auto-throwing macro in Razor, Sallos, or UOSteam. The issue is, auto-throwing scripts are not used very much because well frankly there is alot of variables to take into account in PvP and a macro makes you have to stick to the rules that it is designed for. This means that someone can easily trip you up if you are relying on a macro. Most folks are just decent to good at throwing explosion potions and dont need macros for it. It is really easy to blame a mechanic on a script when someone is good at that mechanic.

You say that you cannot make a dent in the person's health who did this to you? More than likely he is just better at PvP than you. One of my main templates that I play has no alchemy at all and I deal with alchemist characters all the time. It just takes practice and experience to know how to deal with them. I think what trips most people up when they start into PvP on a shard with UOFs ruleset is that so many things are happening at once, that it is hard to track them all, while experienced folks know what to watch out for and what they can ignore in a fight.

My strong recommendation here is, if you are interested in PvP (or learning to defend yourself), you should try some red/blue fights at West brit bridge or practice in the duel pits. These are both great places at learning and will quickly get you comfortable with what can happen during a fight and teach you how to deal with it. Of course, if you have questions about specific scenarios, just start a thread on here and we will chip in and provide advice.

-------------

Now ALL OF THAT said, this is your suggestions thread, which means that it is your responsibility to defend your suggestion and provide disbelievers reasons why it should be implemented. Moderators like me will help to keep it flame free, but we do not defend against constructive criticism.
Halygon,

Finally a response that answers some of my questions. I can see now after the way you explained it how the explosion pot mechanics work, why it looks like it is tracking me. I have seen that with spells. Definitely having a slower connection than others it could be that it has already hit me and just now showing up on my scree.

For all you other haters, I wrote in the suggestion and ideas section and addressed it to Shane. I didn't throw out an idea addressed to hey everyone in UO Forever. So chill out when someone has a suggestion or problem. Either help out and give good feedback or just keep your opinions to yourself.

Thanks again Halygon for the good feedback, and I will check out those pvp spots when I get better set up. Still getting characters and gear where they need to be.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
6463116.jpg

Kaladin

Expert
I know for a fact many people are using easy uo. I personally don't use it. I think you suck if you do have to use it, and it ruins it for everyone else :(. This is why I hardly PVP here. It's irritating. Especially when you see groups of gankers zerging dungeons using easy uo for targetting, etc. How is that even fun??? The problem is that it's VERY hard to prove it.

I think the admins are doing as good a job as they can to prevent the cheating. I myself reported someone for using the resync speed hack. I'm sure they're watching him now, and I'll continue to report players exploiting because it will kill this server.

halygon

Grandmaster
I know for a fact many people are using easy uo. I personally don't use it. I think you suck if you do have to use it, and it ruins it for everyone else :(. This is why I hardly PVP here. It's irritating. Especially when you see groups of gankers zerging dungeons using easy uo for targetting, etc. How is that even fun??? The problem is that it's VERY hard to prove it..
EasyUO is not used for targeting as the targeting capabilities of Razor/UOSteam/Sallos are more than enough for anyone. Plus EasyUO would not really help in this aspect.

These zergs you see are using target closest/nearest, which are legal functions in Razor/UOSteam/Sallos. IN FACT - you can do the same type of targeting with the BUILT IN macros within the classic UO client. Check it out.

Most people these days only pull bars to a) keep an eye on the HP of their enemies (to be able to get in a killing blow when they are weak) or b) to be able to quickly retarget for a sync.

agauo

Master
I've said it before and I will say it again. Any person/any group that would rely on scripts for any sort of targetting/autoheal/auto throwing pots/etc. is not very good. Having the game do things for you will only hinder your ability to pvp. I can promise you that the better people on this shard do not use any of this. I am sure a few people do use easyUO or whatever, but I'd be willing to bet they are shitty pvpers.