Explosion potions immediately throwing at target

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Hello all, not sure if this is a bug or something I am doing wrong. When I activate a purple potion (either by hotkey or double clicking manually) it immediately throws it at my target. I've tried everything I can think of but can't seem to get it to hold it for the timer. I haven't thrown pots for a few weeks since I've been working on another char but it was working fine before that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :}

halygon

Grandmaster
What is your razor macro for it? Maybe we can debug it for ya. Also provide what you are expecting the macro to do.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
What is your razor macro for it? Maybe we can debug it for ya. Also provide what you are expecting the macro to do.

Cheers mate
I've tried manually clicking the pots, setting the pots to a hotkey and setting up a macro to double click the purple pots. Whichever method I use has the same result, I throw the pot at the target as soon as its activated.
I've tried in game targeters(nearest/closest mobile) and Razor (target closest/next target).
Im not trying to use a macro to throw the pots, I just want to be able to do it manually.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
You want two macros and prior to using them, you need to set a last target.

First macro should use type purple pot, wait for target, then cancel target

Second macro should use type purple pot, wait for target, target last

Hit the first macro to start the pot timer and then hot the second macro to throw it when you are ready.

There are a tone of ways to set this up, but I find this works the best. Some ppl add in extra lines to throw the pot away if your target is outta range but I think you should use my above method to start.

thestand

Grandmaster
You want two macros and prior to using them, you need to set a last target.

First macro should use type purple pot, wait for target, then cancel target

Second macro should use type purple pot, wait for target, target last

Hit the first macro to start the pot timer and then hot the second macro to throw it when you are ready.

There are a tone of ways to set this up, but I find this works the best. Some ppl add in extra lines to throw the pot away if your target is outta range but I think you should use my above method to start.
Better way is no macros just hotkey for drink explode and hot key for cancel target

I do not understand the whole cancel target aspect... why not just have a hot key to cook and then throw at around 2 or how far you think you need? I just hit one hot key then last target key when it gets low. is this no good? I do feel my way is lacking but do not understand what the mechanics are that cancel and then re using is a good thing. Please clue me in hehe

Red_Pig

Neophyte
Is Queue last target box ticked? That's the only reason I can think of why it would throw it straight away. You must have a target queued.

edit: Sorry, didnt realise thread was old. :<

Kraden

Grandmaster
I do not understand the whole cancel target aspect... why not just have a hot key to cook and then throw at around 2 or how far you think you need? I just hit one hot key then last target key when it gets low. is this no good? I do feel my way is lacking but do not understand what the mechanics are that cancel and then re using is a good thing. Please clue me in hehe

Because if you go to cast heal on yourself you will target yourself. Also, you can do alot in that two seconds of waiting before throwing the pot. For Instance Explo -Explo Pot Start/Cancel - Ebolt Explo Pot Target and Ebolt Target Same Time instead of Explo - Eplo Pot/ Wait then cast and wait for Ebolt.

At least I assume anyway because I have never made a macro for Explo pots, and only tossed them to mess around lol maybe tossed 3 in my life time. Gonna start now though