Farming Vanqs

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Where's a good spot for farming vanq weapons. I've had this meta stone for what seems like forever now and I can't find any vanqs anywhere. Kill Daemons, Lichs, Lich Lords, Balrons, Dragons and all sorts of cool stuff, but I can't find anything anywhere. The one I finally ran across was a short staff that my dexxer actually needs, so I don't want to waste it building up my stone... I just can't find anything. :(

crazy-horse

Master
They have a slow drop rate. You might check vendors.. a very few are selling vanqs for that quest. Follow behind tamers.. alot just leave weapons on the bodies. Ask around the bank or docks.

Ric Savage

Journeyman
Yeah i gotta say it looks like the vanq droprate is really low atm.. I just did like 20 mibs and got maybe one vanq.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I'm not the worlds greatest gold farmer, I have no archer or tamer so at the current price people are asking for vanqs, I'd bankrupt all my characters and still not have the 30... I was hoping for a good spot to farm them, but thanks for all the offers to sell me some. :)

Spatchel

Master
A lot of vanqs drop from pickable dungeon chests. Before lockpicking scrolls and getting from 95-100 was a PITA, I cashed in tons of vanqs.

Snickle

Grandmaster
I'm not the worlds greatest gold farmer, I have no archer or tamer so at the current price people are asking for vanqs, I'd bankrupt all my characters and still not have the 30... I was hoping for a good spot to farm them, but thanks for all the offers to sell me some. :)
Why don't you make a provo/archer? It literally takes 10-12 AFK hours to train him fully. All afk except archery/tact, which by the time you GM provo, you just manually raise while the monsters are fighting each other.
Open a third account and start him afking. By this time tomorrow, you'd be ready to farm 50-80k an hour.
If you want more help, PM me.

halygon

Grandmaster
You would do better doing MIB or TMaps as they will be the best bang for the buck (assuming you have a Tmap character).

Bromista

Grandmaster
Honestly, just take note of the spawn you kill and if the items that drop have max modifiers. Any modifier...damage, durability, accuracy. Whatever. If it can drop an indestructable shepherd's crook it can drop a vanw longsword.

There are spawn out there that is easy to kill that can drop "perfect" weapons with at least two max modifiers. You can get vanq supremes from dread spiders, terethan/ophidian avengers, efreets, nightmares (slow spawn but to make my point they drop good magics surprisingly)

Hell even deep earth elementals drop vanqs with tactics at a relative high rate for how utterly easy they are to kill. They have 500hp, don't cast/cure, and don't hit very hard either.

ID everything and take notes.

Riversilk

Master
^ this, sir, is a really great suggestion.
For reference, the highest magic modifiers are:
- Durability: Indestructible
- Armor: Invulnerability
- Damage: Vanquishing
- Accuracy: Supremely Accurate

Watch out for that Vanq pickaxe!

Derwolf

Grandmaster
what is everyone #1 vanq troll pull??

what you know about indestructible/VANQ/supreme SHEPARD'S CROOK

sadly i donated it to my tailsman it was either that or sell it to heli heuheu

Wizx13

Grandmaster

I pulled a Exceedingly Accurate Vanquishing Reptillian Death Pick Ax from a lvl 6 map. Actually got pk'd while using it to kill dragons and lost it lol

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Shadow Ballys
Treasure Maps
Dungeon chests in high lvl locations
Their like Timex.....all day!

Well atleast by my experience, highest chance.

wil3ur

Grandmaster

Actually, that was my 3rd vanq item. As a mace/dexxer I thought I'd try it out before just eating it up. I did a whopping 35 max damage a swing with a slower swing speed than a war hammer... needless to say, rather than sell it to an NPC, I totally ate that shit up with my stone.

...that being said, I'll pay the 1k per Crook the vendors will pay for anyone looking to offload em... :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Waitttt I thought the stone only took weapons worthy of combat.

I guess we should all start PvPing with crooks now??