First craft - tailoring!

Furync

Grandmaster
Hi all,

Giving it a go at my first craft in uof. I'll do tailoring because I can basically do it for free up to gm by picking cotton mostly and killing lowly things for leather. Then again not sure what I need to craft oil cloths?

Anyways I was wondering which character to put this on. Do I make a new guy dedicated to crafts or use one of my 3 fisherman for example? I'm sure one of them can spare 100 skill points.

Does tailoring need to be paired with another skill to make good stuff? Like carp/music or carp/tink etc....

At 100 tailoring, can I participate in the BOD thing or do I need 120?

Last question, how does one land CBDs through tailoring? Those are bod rewards?

I'm just looking for an alternative way of playing and earning a few bucks in the process, trying to avoid a gold sink.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Maller

Adept
You can craft oils cloths with just regular cloth.
Unless you are really hard up for gold, it is quicker to find which city is selling stuff cheap, and stock up on cloth from vendor.
Tailoring does not need to be paired with any other skill, except maybe with crafting boats.
You can start getting BOD's at 65, I think. But 120 tailoring reduces the time between BOD's by one hour.
CBD's are a reward from BOD's.

And here is a link to a program to help organize your BOD's
http://uo2.stratics.com/tools-and-downloads/ultima-online-bulk-order-deeds/

Last edited by a moderator:

JackPalance

Master
Hi all,

Giving it a go at my first craft in uof. I'll do tailoring because I can basically do it for free up to gm by picking cotton mostly and killing lowly things for leather. Then again not sure what I need to craft oil cloths?

Anyways I was wondering which character to put this on. Do I make a new guy dedicated to crafts or use one of my 3 fisherman for example? I'm sure one of them can spare 100 skill points.

Does tailoring need to be paired with another skill to make good stuff? Like carp/music or carp/tink etc....

What I have done, and which seems to have worked out pretty well is- crafter character is legendary tailor/blacksmith/tinker/carp with enough music to make GM instruments and enough magery to gate/rez my PVM/PVP characters. Unfortunately, this happens more times than I would like to admit-

Also- for the soul forge quest, I believe that you need carp/tink/BS all on one character

@Bromista can probably confirm or clarify that, though

Furync

Grandmaster
Well thanks for all the info. And that little program for tracking bods is a lifesaver!!!

Now that I have a gm tailor, I may as well make some stuff to sell on my vendor. So my question is, what sells? Specifically, what kind of armor? Plain leather sets? Bone? Studded?

Thanks again!!

Josh D

Grandmaster
Well, sorry to inform you Furync, but tailoring in general doesn't make a lot of $ except for BODS. Runic sewing kits and rare cloth is where the money comes in, but it will certainly supplement your other play styles and isn't a "gold sink". Getting to 120 tailoring is cheaper than any other 120 crafting skill, and probably the second most useful behind Blacksmithing.

Best bet is to farm on your PvM toons and collect barbed leather from dragons (etc..) and make 50 full suits of barbed leather armor and sell it to PvPers to stock their butlers. You could charge 1-1.5k a suit in bulk and make decent cash doing that. I just bought 125 suits the other day, so there is a market for it.