Fishing Change is needed

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
We explained the absurdity in this when it was changed. Depending on what GM you ask, it's because the Scanner was "spammed/abused" or it was lagging the server (apparently 3-7 fishermen scanning was causing heaps of burden on UOF).

Of course, the real treat in all of this was that it was brought to the attention of the GMs in some private manner (no post in Suggestions or publicly on Discord prior to the change) to have it altered in the first place - and now those people want it changed back since the real pirates are gone.

laugh.gif

Godsrage

Grandmaster
I know all about it. when they dropped it to 30 sec, that was too much. now we can compromise get it at 15 sec or a 10 sec, not 30, that is too long, or removing the crow nest altogether. With no tracker right now we are all running bow tracker so let's do this -- give all blues a 30sec head start from all reds on land because we are now doing this out at sea right now.
I am a Pirate I am Blue and a Red. Now if I did that on land do you think it fair play for red to do this> It was done to us out at sea. All I am trying to do is a compromise.
We know what Scanner was "spammed/abused" and we all know 30 sec is too long. Is there any other option like testing it at 10 sec or 15 sec? This is what I am asking all the other players. You have the facts now tell me what do you think? Come up with some ideas.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Pretty sure no one in this thread asked for this change as all Trin seafarers were just as upset about it. They just didn't leave the server.

I know staff is working on a lot of stuff right now, but perhaps they can change it to 15 seconds and see if it causes the same issues with the server?

Godsrage

Grandmaster
i hope so like i said before compromise. i like to ask questions and when i do i like more of a answer then just ((( NO )))) i have planning some very cool fishing thing and everyone will have some fun and may be make some gold to i will be running a lot of the ideas to the gm