Fix Spell Reflect and Going grey/criminal

eric_azria

Grandmaster
That is exactly what I mean... and it's the only way I remember it working.

The way it works now is how it has always worked. Just like the old days where you had to go cast a blade spirit, or find a friend or monster to beat on you to remove RA. Same with spell reflect.

The addition to cast dispel field on yourself to remove your current buff is a new addition, which is fine imo.

Lexington

Grandmaster
The way it works now is how it has always worked. Just like the old days where you had to go cast a blade spirit, or find a friend or monster to beat on you to remove RA. Same with spell reflect.

The addition to cast dispel field on yourself to remove your current buff is a new addition, which is fine imo.

Are you sure??? I can swear there was a time when you could cast and have it cancel out the other.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Not necessarily. Speaking of which what ever happened to that PvP "Dream Team" that Shane put together to consult for making changes to shit? Haven't heard a peep about it since that thread was posted months and months ago, but then again I'm a mega-trammy so...

Seems like a prime topic for them to be consulted with/test before live changes. Hard to say what went down leading up to this but I have a feeling this topic had less to do with change than it would appear.

Bromista

Grandmaster
?? A tweak is a tweak is a tweak. Getting some bodies to test mechanics on port 2598 or whatever wouldn't be difficult and accomplish just as much as making changes live on port **** would it not?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
The next thing youll see is a thread about someone who got instad by their own stupidity by a god awful scribe red at wbb, followed by a new thread in suggestions for me to troll. The question is, how many threads? how heated will they be? Logical discussions about 1 hitta quitta in modern day UO etc etc and I really don't see how test center is gonna help you find out weather or not it'll be good in the long run or not

Snoop-Dog-PIMP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ugh. What the hell man? Nobody said anything about long-term. All that was suggested by me initially and the post you just addressed was a short-term test. The oly way to tell how it's gonna pan out long-term is to make sure it isn't broken from the start, implement it, and play the waiting game.

In short, that went without saying and you're just arguing for arguments sake.

I personally believe the newbs getting railed by reds in town thing is going to be a non-issue. If it happens it will likely serve as a lesson learned and said newbs will probably not make the mistake again.

I know that's not as exciting as harping about people making threads in the, wait, what sub-forum are we in again? ;)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Sigh. Guess you can't win 'em all so you gotta post pictures of Pootie Tang. That is Pootie Tang, isn't it?