Galleon Bilders Price check

Wizx13

Grandmaster
ok so let drop the price now barnacle ingots let say 80k per and forged metal you need 1000 iron to make one that going for 10k let make that 5 k for 1 ship ribs same 1000 to make that 10k make that 5k Anchor 200k to 100k 1000 Frostwood let make that 200k and the other wood 150k to 100k i hope some is see the problem with this
Forged metal is only 800 ingots ea then you get 6 back on combine for gargoyle.

Godsrage

Grandmaster
so we need to let the other that are helping build this boat know we need the items at that price i know what going to happen there going to laugh in your face on that prices

Leewald7

Grandmaster
see the point is this we are losing gold and time building this boat i got one boat for 750k form a bid and i know the person lost big time gold on this one i know the boat and the maker of it that boat the person that came out was me will i sale it may be in time i will so right now we need to make a price line on the boat so we do not lose gold or time building them

The point isnt to raise the price. Tbh If the price raises too much u destroy the market for galleons and price yourself out of a job.

Basically the market doesnt finish at the crusty ingots. If u raise it too much the ingot buyers and galleon buyers will stop buying cuz they will realize its not worth the extreme cost.

Honestly as much as the fishermen think they deserve every dollar thet can get and dont want to get taken advantage of, your customers dont want to be treated like they have bottomless pockets and their money isnt worth anything to them. So forcing the price up will only backfire.

Whereas if u bring prices to a equilibrium for the market where the fishermen are fairly compensated but also not price it so high where the galleon market dies. This way everyone wins. Supplier are fairly paid and customers arent taken advantage of is the only way to have a long term sustainable industry.

FYI the only time ive seen people lose money on the galleons is when someone is charged through the nose to get the supplies to build a galleon to find out no one wants to buy it because of the obscene price tag and take a hit of ending cost to recoup some loses. Which has been the current state of the market for sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godsrage

Grandmaster
ok so what should the market price should be to build the boat and to sale the boats that make everyone happy for the fishermen and the pirate that we all can go by a Reasonable Universal Price i will leave this Question to the People and the Fisher men and the Pirates of UOF

Leewald7

Grandmaster
Im finding at 40k per ingot a return in interest from customers even at 70k per ingot customers really thin out and at 100k per ingot customers are pretty much nonexistent.

Leewald7

Grandmaster
From what i can tell from the math of all the costs. 30-50k per ingot puts it in the doable range as far as interest from customers for galleons. Above that and u lose interest.

Godsrage

Grandmaster
the reason i am doing this is i have given boat and Fishing PS to new player to help them out let just say one is out fishing and kill a deep water ele and that find a barnacle ingots on him they do not know what this is so that person ask around someone will tell him o it worth 100k so he try to sale it for 100k the some come up to him a say it worth 30 k i will but it form you that the problem i do see that how come i am doing this page it to look out for that new fisher out at sea

Leewald7

Grandmaster
Oh for sure i want us to stabilize this industry aswell i want to move forward and start providing galleons for new guys taking to the sea and make sure to fairly pay and steadily employ my team of gatherers. A lot of people benefit from the price stability of crusty ingots. So im glad u made this thread. Its a good question to ask.

That being said i put my number at 40k per ingot.

Godsrage

Grandmaster
and there were i am asking everyone all boat builders for a Reasonable Universal Price it ez to say That being said i put my number at 40k per ingot when the outer person is doing 50k and the next is doing 35k and the next is doing 85k

Leewald7

Grandmaster
Im just saying ive dealt with all those numbers and 40k or less and interest in galleons have returned so i will pay the highest end of that range again i worry if we flex prices too far above this interest will dry up again.

tankian

Grandmaster
galleons at one time were selling for 8m and my first galleon I crafted cost me 4-5m. that was when they first were introduced. I think the prices I posted above at this time are accurate.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
**Crafting Guild Ship Breakdown**

Gargoyle Galleon

200 Cloth---40 Saved in final combine---160 Total

25 Forged Metal---25000 Ingots---5000 Saved in CG--20000--5 Saved in final combine (5000 ingots)---15000 Ingots Total

50 Ship Ribs---50000 Logs---10000 Saved in CG--40000-- 10 Saved in final combine (10000 Logs)---30000 Logs Total

Ancient Anchor--1 **Price fluxuating item**

Frostwood Log--1000--200 Saved in final combine--800 Logs Total**Price fluxuating item**

Barnacle-Encrusted Ingot--10--2 saved in final combine--8 Total **Price fluxuating item**

Final Materials Actually Consumed

160 Cloth
15000 Ingots
30000 Logs
1 Anchor
800 Frostwood Logs
8 Barnacle-Encrusted Ingot

Final Cost of Raw Mats Bought From The Npc

160 cloth @2gp ea--- 320g

15000 Ingots @8gp ea---120000g

30000 Logs @2gp ea---60000g
--------------------------------
180320gp

Final Cost of Player Found Mats (Prices will vary)

1 Ancient Anchor @250000gp

800 Frostwood Logs @400gp ea---320000gp

8 Barnacle-Encrusted Ingot @70000gp ea---560000gp
---------------------------------------------------
1130000gp

Final Ship Cost

Last edited by a moderator:

LoNE WoLF

Master
**Crafting Guild Ship Breakdown**

Gargoyle Galleon

200 Cloth---40 Saved in final combine---160 Total

25 Forged Metal---25000 Ingots---5000 Saved in CG--20000--5 Saved in final combine (5000 ingots)---15000 Ingots Total

50 Ship Ribs---50000 Logs---10000 Saved in CG--40000-- 10 Saved in final combine (10000 Logs)---30000 Logs Total

Ancient Anchor--1 **Price fluxuating item**

Frostwood Log--1000--200 Saved in final combine--800 Logs Total**Price fluxuating item**

Barnacle-Encrusted Ingot--10--2 saved in final combine--8 Total **Price fluxuating item**

Final Materials Actually Consumed

160 Cloth
15000 Ingots
30000 Logs
1 Anchor
800 Frostwood Logs
8 Barnacle-Encrusted Ingot

Final Cost of Raw Mats Bought From The Npc

160 cloth @2gp ea--- 320g

15000 Ingots @8gp ea---120000g

30000 Logs @2gp ea---60000g
--------------------------------
180320gp

Final Cost of Player Found Mats (Prices will vary)

1 Ancient Anchor @250000gp

800 Frostwood Logs @400gp ea---320000gp

8 Barnacle-Encrusted Ingot @70000gp ea---560000gp
---------------------------------------------------
1130000gp

Final Ship Cost

This is quite accurate

Leewald7

Grandmaster
Except the price for anchors u have it marked at half the market value. If u getting for less then 500k ur underpaying ur fisherman by huge.

oomf

Grandmaster
I personally wouldn't sell a Barnacle ingot for less than 100k, that's just my opinion. Why? When you need them they are a ***** to get. So just because you might have a stockpile of them at one time when you have to go get more its a pain. Same with the anchors, I wouldn't go less than 500k for an anchor. Money is easy to get, specific items that drop randomly are not. Also the more people with galleons means the seas get harder and parts may get harder to get peacefully. If I played more and had the money I'd buy up all of the cheap boat parts.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
I personally wouldn't sell a Barnacle ingot for less than 100k, that's just my opinion. Why? When you need them they are a ***** to get. So just because you might have a stockpile of them at one time when you have to go get more its a pain. Same with the anchors, I wouldn't go less than 500k for an anchor. Money is easy to get, specific items that drop randomly are not. Also the more people with galleons means the seas get harder and parts may get harder to get peacefully. If I played more and had the money I'd buy up all of the cheap boat parts.

Could be a long time before staff does anything to promote more galleons, as of now almost everyone has 1 or 2 or 3.

Leewald7

Grandmaster

The market has changed quite a bit since u left bro. More players means increases supply, increased supply means lower prices, lower prices means a galleon market actually exists, if a market exists there is actually customers for the fishermen to offload too.

Those prices u mentioned are out of date. 1. Its appearing the drop rates have been upped cuz the numbers each fishermen is bringing in is waaaayyyy up, 2. The number of fishermen who are fishing are way up.

So if u try to go against economics the only thing that will happen is u will be sitting on the merch for way longer than preferred. Thing is the market doesnt stop with the fishermen, if the finished galleon price is 3-4mil like old days then u wont sell it today.

Todays market is 2mil or less. And trust me id prefer to go back to the days where i could make a mil off the sale of one ship but i can even sell it for costs these days if cost is above 2mil. [emoji1]

oomf

Grandmaster
I should probably get out there and sink some fishermen. I'd make the suggestion to anyone with ingots to not sell them for less than 100k. There will be brit galleons which will require loads of ingots one day.