Good evening UOF! - Major changes needed!

More Felluca - Less trammel!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ricky10604

Neophyte
who were you on Defiance? Your understanding of how explosion potions work is flawed. (and they do have a cool-down inbetween throwing them + a countdown) I also don't get how explosion potions are stopping you from 5xing in any way or fashion.

You are also comparing DFI's donation system to UOFs which can't be done IMO as they're very different - on UOF you only get WEARABLES, and other FASHION ITEMS for your donation coins while on DFI you could buy ressources, gold and basically anything as long as Light was in need for some irl $ (RIP nick)

I'm Rixter from DFI, Mortimer was my uncle IRL,
My knowledge of explosion pots is not flawed, I assure you, I know they have a cooldown + countdown, But what im saying is its a very short period of time, Compared to Healing Potions, The best way around this that i found was to make it vary from 3 to 5 seconds, Atleast that way on average its a 1 second increase in timers,

UOF's system is different how? You buy a shiny wearable, sell it, buy regs, houses, weapons.
DFI just skipped th need for a middleman, You just go out and buy that shit straight away.

I didn't like DFI's donation system, Its really flawed, Before they introduced the donation page, I used to pay them monthly like $25'ish for nothing in return and i was only really young (still at school) Because i enjoyed the game.

You might aswell remove young player status and put Skillballs (increase normal skills to 100) on the list, because effectively selling tradeable items is just doing the same thing, Just wasting peoples time macro'ing. This will speed up the Servers Lifespan,

Sooner or later, People get bored of swapping weapons around in PvP and leave. Without progression and the "high" you get from victories and rares there isnt really much fun in UO.

And the reason i cant 5x is there is hardly anybody to 5X, They're all building the same Alchemy Dex'ing setup because its easy to play and the strongest possible build (A mage with explosion potions wont work asw ell chug a heal potion, start bandages and set off running) Straight away they waste 1/5 of there mana on any decent damaging spell (explo/eb)

By your typing, I also guess you're one of the "newbies" who play an Explosion Potion based character. Its such a shame to see the PvP so weak here. :(

ricky10604

Neophyte
and Baby Blue, Please explain how pressing F1 to start Explosion potion then just before 2 second scrolling up to throw it at them is difficult (or make a macro do it for you in razor) The fact EVERYBODY is throwing these stupid pink potions around for such a high amount is ********.
PvP is supposed to be that, This isnt PvP this is just a bunch of crafters throwing potions at each other over and over.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I'm Rixter from DFI, Mortimer was my uncle IRL,
cool, I'm Kaz / Kaz'Reg and played with cN, >!<, 6I6 and various other Teams including your uncle's PK squad D-F

My knowledge of explosion pots is not flawed, I assure you, I know they have a cooldown + countdown, But what im saying is its a very short period of time, Compared to Healing Potions, The best way around this that i found was to make it vary from 3 to 5 seconds, Atleast that way on average its a 1 second increase in timers,
Explosion potions have a 2 second cooldown I think. Its definitely enough.

UOF's system is different how? You buy a shiny wearable, sell it, buy regs, houses, weapons.
DFI just skipped th need for a middleman, You just go out and buy that shit straight away.
Way different. You first gotta find a buyer, you have to INVEST (and yes, if you want high end trammy shit ure gonna burn some hundred $$)

I didn't like DFI's donation system, Its really flawed, Before they introduced the donation page, I used to pay them monthly like $25'ish for nothing in return and i was only really young (still at school) Because i enjoyed the game.
as you were very young back then (and I remember you to be very young and bad) you might have mixed this one up with their monthly forum subscription thingy where you could rent town houses or w/e it was

You might aswell remove young player status and put Skillballs (increase normal skills to 100) on the list, because effectively selling tradeable items is just doing the same thing, Just wasting peoples time macro'ing. This will speed up the Servers Lifespan,
By training up their chars, and going through the hustle of doing so they become invested into the shard. A Tamer takes weeks to macro, for example. No skillballs, ever.

Sooner or later, People get bored of swapping weapons around in PvP and leave. Without progression and the "high" you get from victories and rares there isnt really much fun in UO.
PVPers are in it for the thrill, trammys are in it for shiny items - I can't follow your logic here.

And the reason i cant 5x is there is hardly anybody to 5X,
unfortunately 5xing died when they relocated the safe-zone from britain docks (the duel arenas) to WBB - I wish they'd think of something to make the pits more attractive again. 5xing used to be a big thing on UOF.

They're all building the same Alchemy Dex'ing setup because its easy to play and the strongest possible build (A mage with explosion potions wont work asw ell chug a heal potion, start bandages and set off running) Straight away they waste 1/5 of there mana on any decent damaging spell (explo/eb)
I can easily kill any dexxer on either my heal- or my Alchymage - even in the pits, evne when they're wielding valorite runic weapons. It's pretty easy to kill an alchydexxer if you know how to use their own pots against them. On the field it can become quite tedious but thats more bcuz theres no mount stamina (and without explosion potions how would you run down that fleeing dexxer?)

By your typing, I also guess you're one of the "newbies" who play an Explosion Potion based character. Its such a shame to see the PvP so weak here. :(
I'm really glad that you're saying this - as I remember you from DFI I can assure you that you'd be just as bad on UOF. PVP is far from weak and takes WAY more skill when compared to Defiance. Ask any of the DFI players playing here.

@Baby Blue
@severus
@STUNoma

K A Z

Grandmaster
and Baby Blue, Please explain how pressing F1 to start Explosion potion then just before 2 second scrolling up to throw it at them is difficult (or make a macro do it for you in razor) The fact EVERYBODY is throwing these stupid pink potions around for such a high amount is ********.
PvP is supposed to be that, This isnt PvP this is just a bunch of crafters throwing potions at each other over and over.

you cant have a macro running and wave the potions into your spell combos. Obviously you wouldnt know as youve never tried.

Peav

Grandmaster
kaz stop making a fuss about "cN, >!<, 6I6 and various other Teams including your uncle's PK squad D-F" they were all utter shit compared to now. fin.

Baby Blue

Master
Combined with spells those potions are what makes the difference between good and bad pvpers. You gotta time and avoid them well. They are a huge part of pvp in nowadays. Playing without purple pots would suck and this comes from former 5x dueler.

ricky10604

Neophyte
"You cant have a macro running and wave the potions into your spell combos. Obviously you wouldnt know as youve never tried."
Did i say i decided to pick that shitty overpowered class, Or did i pick stun heal mage? (Im a solo PKr who hates the idea of throwing 500 potions in a fight)

What i said was, Thats what all the DEXERS are playing. and also. You can make a macro to cast and explosion pots inbetween your spells. Its really not difficutl at all ( I played Stun mage Alch on a server where timers where 3-5 seconds)

And Kaz, Yeah i remember you Kaz, you played with severus, One of the lads irl who i played with was really really really shit at UO so he used to follow me around and listen to my commands, You and severus was chasing him through a dungeon and he shouted me for help. We ended up winning a 2v2 (hell of a lot of luck with Maces and the Meteor Swarm that i started to bypass Magic Reflects) but it was still a funny day, He talks about it all the time when we discuss UO, (like it was a huge acheivement or something, haha).

ricky10604

Neophyte
Im not saying remove purple pots, im saying change the way they work. The countdown is always the same, You throw it just at the 2 mark (same as every other server) so it lands at them, Trying to avoid them around houses is pretty much the only way somebody would make me miss my pot,
"They're a huge part of pvp in nowadays" I dont want to live in Nowadays, Nowadays has safe spots, no thieves, shiny colours and pink potion lovers.
I want the old field fights, The walling people off and dropping, The thieving a high powered weapon / having it stole and being ecstatic/devastated, Rolling in on a group of unexpected tamers and making them pay a Toll or slaying them and there beasts. Shit talking PK's at the graveyard and chasing them around with 55 magery when a group of newbs turn up to fight them off.
Trammel is no fun. :(

Peav

Grandmaster
you're still utter shit

lol
lololo
lolololol

pls don't make me say what you are compared to me at least.

"You cant have a macro running and wave the potions into your spell combos. Obviously you wouldnt know as youve never tried."
Did i say i decided to pick that shitty overpowered class, Or did i pick stun heal mage? (Im a solo PKr who hates the idea of throwing 500 potions in a fight)

What i said was, Thats what all the DEXERS are playing. and also. You can make a macro to cast and explosion pots inbetween your spells. Its really not difficutl at all ( I played Stun mage Alch on a server where timers where 3-5 seconds)

And Kaz, Yeah i remember you Kaz, you played with severus, One of the lads irl who i played with was really really really shit at UO so he used to follow me around and listen to my commands, You and severus was chasing him through a dungeon and he shouted me for help. We ended up winning a 2v2 (hell of a lot of luck with Maces and the Meteor Swarm that i started to bypass Magic Reflects) but it was still a funny day, He talks about it all the time when we discuss UO, (like it was a huge acheivement or something, haha).

If you are a solo pk'er than every single red alchy pk on this server will slaughter you inside a dungeon. #thetruth.

Baby Blue

Master
kaz stop making a fuss about "cN, >!<, 6I6 and various other Teams including your uncle's PK squad D-F" they were all utter shit compared to now. fin.
Obviously people get better. I'm fairly certain that some of those guys could be very good within a few months if they'd start playing again. For example I've learned a lot lately. I started playing an alchemy mage just about 3 months ago... sometimes I'm bad but sometimes I do really well and I have a decent chance winning pretty much against everyone. You know... some of those guys were much better than me, especially in group pvp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexington

Grandmaster
Hey guys, So i've played UO since before i can remember, I read the description of your server (on a server list) and was really looking forward to playing!

Young player status:

I logged on, I was a "young player"... So it was basically saying i was safe from anything until a certain time/skill level... The game is supposed to be about risk and reward. Not farm until you're almost max and then pvp. This ruins alot of PK'ing and quickens progression.

New players should be scared to wander into dungeons. Fearing for the few items that they have, The mere sight of a Murder should make them run for there lives.

However, I was safe. I could heal people who where fighting reds (and have no repercussion, The reds started shouting they was going to call an admin..)

Next. The PvP:

The amount of reds i ran into pretty much the majority where dexers with explosion pots.
A constant 20-30'ish damage every few seconds while swinging makes mages pretty much nerfed into extinction)
Yet we cant use a heal pot in return of the explosions? Why can you drink one potion faster than another? Surely they should counter each other.

With young players running freely around PKs and cross healing blues who they attack, How are you supposed to PK?

Next. Trading / Stealing:

So, Since playing UO thieves were always in my pockets. At some corner or some dungeon these pesky buggers constantly tried to take my items.
Killing them and handling spawn while they hid in the shadows was always such a pain but the challenges they set were pretty fun.

Safe spots:
So, a player killer or trader should never be safe. From either PvP or from Thieves. Yet if you are stood just 1 tile from me inside the bank you are as safe as can be.
Cant cast spells at you. Cant dex you. Cant steal from you.

Why play a thief when you can't steal peoples rares and rewards? Why make safe areas? You described the server as Felluca. You should have to own a house and hide from people if you dont want to die and trade away from other players, or behind boxes to make things more difficult for thieves.

Dono coins:

So. Within a day of playing. I discovered the following:
Safe spots:
Glitches in PvP:
Useless Classes:
Overpowered Classes:
Trammel hues (literally everybody at the bank was dressed like some type of shiny pokemon) (hues dont bother me if the PvP and PvM is good, but that was severely lacking)
Sellable game currency for RL currency.

The server saves are pretty huge and there's so many random items (relics, statues and other random decorations)

Constructive Criticism:
As UO has always been full loot, make it back that way.... Make people hug the guard lines and train up before they go adventuring. I was 3x GM (eval, med, anatomy) around 60 mage, 40 other stats. and i was still classified as a young player.
This is WAY WAY too long.
Either remove Young Player status (and remove the healing blues without any hassle removed)
Or limit it to 250 skillpoints (even that is pretty huge. make people work for there skills. dont give them hundreds of free gains while being safe)

PvP needs some changes, Mages are pretty crappy. I honestly can't see why they would be good unless roaming in groups.
With a few potions you can complete negate 1/5 of there mana (1/4'ish if they poison) Killing somebody with 70 mana is nearly impossible.

Nerf explosion pots(double the timer or make it vary (will remove the easy macros to make it a little more skillful) (IE 5-7 seconds). A bunch of dexers hitting a macro to throw a potion and just following you around completely removed the skill based PvP in UO. While dexers are always supposed to be easy to play, Making them much stronger while playing is a serious put off.

Safe spots. NO. just NO.... Remove them, It will bring more thieves to the banks. people will have to watch what they carry. Instead of putting a bunch of stuff in the bank and standing on a roof. because thats "safe".

Rares. I get people love to collect rares, its always been great finding a shroud or some fancy cloth. Make people work for it. Decrease the drop rates, Make less rares. (having 50 statues that are just different colours is not a good drop. Make something people would want)

Donation Coins:
So, All i could see around Britain was "SELLING DONO COINS, SELLING DONO COINS" This completely negates the point of farming.
Why sit and farm gold all day to train skills, when you can just buy some coins, sell them and train your skills?
Make them non transferrable and the items Non Transferable.
I get servers require donations to keep afloat. (it can be pretty expensive hosting a decent server) But if your players truely want to support the shard. They will. and they'll get nice shinies for it. Which will make other people want to donate for them.

All in all, the server looks decent, It has alot of nice things to it (MOTM, Events, Crafting, Skill Scrolls)
Though CTF lacked the players. Having 3 on a team is just not enough. You need 2 flaggers, 2 defence, 1 waller at the bare minimum to make the game at all interesting) - Increase the rewards and set lower amounts a week for more players to turn up.

Also. For any new players having problem with higher ping Pingzapper was great. I downloaded it, gave it tons of virus checks and its completely clean. Ran it and i went from 220-250 to 120-140. Really helped out.

I'll keep an eye out on the forums. Hopefully the admins will hear my pleas and make the server a little more felluca and less trammel (you advertised felluca!)

Best of luck,
Rick

Stop hiding behind this alt form account. :p

8 post and you're writing essays on the forms.... what's your real UOF form name?

Peav

Grandmaster
peav just spent his early dfi days at moonglow afk waiting for ctf script message and dominated factions pvp at '09 onwards.

FTFY

Yeah I was a banksitter, good one. :^)

eMJcTqB.png

uVhRXx0.png

aE2z4lk.png

Now let's search the fabulous KAZ on the oldschool uomovies website which was flooded with dfi's videos from the past.

Pv47nJW.png

Nvm, unknown past history. I could find 20+ of my videos related also to CTF but who cares.

/ps;
so shut ur mouth with ur sl pleb army and get a real point before you stand up.

K A Z

Grandmaster
FTFY

Yeah I was a banksitter, good one. :^)

eMJcTqB.png

uVhRXx0.png

aE2z4lk.png

Now let's search the fabulous KAZ on the oldschool uomovies website which was flooded with dfi's videos from the past.

Pv47nJW.png

Nvm, unknown past history. I could find 20+ of my videos related also to CTF but who cares.

/ps;
so shut ur mouth with ur sl pleb army and get a real point before you stand up.

lol

and youre still bad

your point?

also

im dying for ****.