Guide for a Pure Mage

cuneyt

Neophyte
Hi guys,

I'm new in the server. I need a guide for a pure mage without restling. Do you have anything in mind for a pure mage character's skill set?

Thanks

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
@cuneyt If you are planning to PvP, you absolutely need wrestling, or at least defensive wrestling (gm eval + gm anat). Otherwise dexxers will tear you apart. If you are doing PvM - you can get away without wrestling but it's a longer discussion that I won't get into if you are just looking at PvP. So which are you looking to do, PvM or PvP?

cuneyt

Neophyte
I actually want to do both. Especially PvM but whenever any threat is seen I want to be able to defend myself against dexxers as well.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Unfortunately PvM templates will never hold a candle to dexxer templates, even PvP mage templates unless you are really really good, you won't kill a really good dexxer, but at least you can survive, which to me is a win in many ways.

It's a long term goal, but I'd suggest going the path of the meta mage... Read up on it here. https://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Meta_Talismans

A decent template is Mage, Med, Eval, Resist, Spirit Speak, Healing, Anat - this will give you defensive wrestling with eval+anat, as well as the ability to heal while on the run with bandages, and to be able to heal with bandages while PvM farming/training your talismans, lets you use your mana on offensive spells which receive a reduced mana cost.

Always make sure you carry potions for when a PK finds you, and don't be afraid to run/recall - because without an offensive PvP build, you are rarely going to win against a dexxer.

Feel free to look me up on Discord if you want to talk through things further, AreYouKidden#0403