Honestly will be shocked if Staff follows through on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K A Z

Grandmaster
i like the uof community because everyone just writes what he thinks. thats actually not a very bad thing, but yea, people just get too crazy sometimes.

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
You know, UOForever has garnered quite the reputation for its toxicity, sadly down to a handful of people who still think they are living back in 1997. That mentality for some, is relatively unchanged

I did play back in 1998 and I always assumed that the griefers and shit talking players were kids who were being bullied in school. I was around 15 at the time and I assumed everyone else was too.
I admit that I find it disturbing when I see people today, who I assume are in their late 20s to early 30s acting just like those teenage greifers from almost 20 years ago.

Bromista

Grandmaster
i like the uof community because everyone just writes what he thinks. thats actually not a very bad thing, but yea, people just get too crazy sometimes.
That's a good description of Trump rhetoric. That draws an interesting parralel. It's cool to let people say what they want...until it turns into hate speech.

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
I do my best to take everything with a grain of salt. I know personally I'm a very laid back so I let things brush off my shoulder. The best part of this game, where stealing and murdering are an option, is that it attracts a wide range of different personalities. Some who want to grief, others to pvp, and others to relax with some pvm, guild activities, and rare/house collecting.

Do I think the staff here does a great job? Absolutely! Do I think they should be spending their time babysitting? Nope. There are many projects in the works the staff should be devoting time towards. Having to constantly police forums besides the usual PR-related issues and personal attacks reported is a misuse of time.

That being said, the major offenders should be reprimanded. Your taking time away from server progression and adding nothing back. I don't care either way, but if they are banning you on the forums for being negative all the time, the staff should really ban your IP and in-game accounts temporarily or permanently (depending on severity) to hopefully promote player conscience when posting. If you then choose to get yourself banned, that's on you!

Bubbles

Master
Hrmm. I'm torn.

Apparently staff here is pretty good as far as free servers go. They do a sufficient job in most areas. They deserve a somewhat better community.

The community here is pretty decent overall, but rather quiet. The vocal minority is a gag reel of shitty human behavior. Community deserves what it gets.

So. That being said I'll just go ahead and take this opportunity to ban myself. No more guides, no more questions answered, no more detailed information, no more shitposts. Just gonna play this game and engage in this community for myself. Fuck everybody else anyway.

You might see a few selling posts. Maybe some buying posts. That's about it.

Who wins? The handful of examples of human garbage that lurk here. Mark this as a victory for yourselves.

Who loses? Everybody else. Sorry about your luck.

Am I serious? Who knows. Does it illustrate a point? Who cares, I've got one foot out the door anyway. May not be around long enough to see if too little too late was sufficient.
Can I have your stuff?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Lol ^

You make a strong point about people who take time away from server progression but never give anything back. You see it on the forums and you see it in the gameplay.

And Christ no I'm not quitting, I'm no @EvilAcid
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/if-you-like-your-eqms-you-can-keep-your-eqms.74502/
I'm just not concerning myself with selfless acts anymore because fuck it.

If I ever did quit shit's going straight to trashbarrel tho...no ifs, ands, or buts.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
"Before I begin I would like to state there has been a general discontent among staff, myself included, with the way people are conducting themselves in this forum section. If you find your post deleted, consider that in the future this will most likely constitute a warning, or a forum ban." ~Blair

There are some people in particular that respond in post in extremely childish,cruel and vulgar manners. Most of the post are not productive to the topics .Even when I have been personally attacked I do not report, however: it does not mean I think, its right . However I can verbally defend myself without resorting to cussing,name calling or irl attacks I.E someone spouse is fat or sucks D on the corner.

I do think its staff's job to moderate which they seldom do unless, it is because of people posting negative things against the server.
To say they have been lax would be generous. I read rl attacks against a someone the other day,actually several and nothing was done.... Why were they attacked ? simply because they expressed their opinion, there was no need for the level of sh&t they got.

To say this is a family friendly server would be a untruth, if I had a kid playing here for sure I would never let him read the sh&t people post here.

If you want that kind of negativity,which has been a staple for the pvp community since time immemorial why not have that kind of Personal slander and name calling set for just one venue. and name it Sh&tfest or whatever. But having to read post by the same couple of people {BLEED} over into regular forums seems anti productive in the very least.

I may not play right now, but I still consider this my server and it is where I have donated money and will continue to do so when I have time to play.

@Blair @Swayze @Shane @Skye Wolfbane or any other staff care to comment?

I honestly think this is the most active server and want it to stay that way...but people being counter productive to making sure the server stays healthy will not make it happen.
Flame me if you do not agree but please use your critical thinking, intellect and language skills I.E tell me why I am wrong.

Look what happened when Ryan stopped caring.......
You should know that we like it when players such as yourself voice your concerns as it provides us yet another driver to push ourselves further to better UOF and its forums. So thank you.

From a staff's perspective, I can tell you that we moderate almost continually all day long - most of it goes unnoticed by you guys - which tells me we are doing a good job. I know we do not catch everything and since we do have day jobs, we cannot read every single thread at every hour of the day (although I try). I have already cleaned this thread up several times.

We have done quite a few bannings recently to clean up the major offenders - you might have noticed many threads with poster names with lines through them.

We have a very active community here, it amazes me how many people care enough to actually come here and post. Just when I think I know everyone who is posting, 10 more new folk pop up - and many are veterans. With active communities, we have many different perspectives on topics and approaches to interacting with other players. There are lines in the sand that get crossed and when we see it, we deal with it.

I cannot say that UOF (or UO in general) has ever really been a family friendly game and I think that is because it allows choice of many things. While I do not agree that the health of a UO shard can be had by seeing how much shit posting is done, I can say it does show that people care enough to logon.

I can tell you that all of the staff cares deeply about UOF and what you are seeing is definitely not a product of neglect but instead a product of more activity than usual. As we grow more and more players, there will be growing pains and we will figure out how to handle it best.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I did play back in 1998 and I always assumed that the griefers and shit talking players were kids who were being bullied in school. I was around 15 at the time and I assumed everyone else was too.
I admit that I find it disturbing when I see people today, who I assume are in their late 20s to early 30s acting just like those teenage greifers from almost 20 years ago.

Could you elaborate a little more on 'griefer'?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I agree 100% that personal attacks have no place on the PVP forums... it creates a toxic community and a disincentive for new players/groups to try out PVP. I even went so far as to PM a POWER member(the main offenders of the personal attack wave) asking if I made a post asking people to pledge to stop using IRL attacks would they agree to it. Of course, the answer was no.

UO is a game, Real Life is not -- some people have a good real life, some people have a great real life, some people have a tough real life. People should be able to play UO and "escape" from the shitty realities that life sometimes bring on people. People shouldnt have to hear about how fat they are, how fat their wife is, how their neck tattoos prevent career choices, about their struggles with addiction, about a death in their family, about a break up, etc. It was like this way on uoforever because staff gave no fucks about moderating or cleaning up their forums -- I would love to see UOF forums take a zero tolerance stance on personal attacks in an attempt to clean up the community. First time is a warning, second time 1 week ban, 3rd time perma ban from forums for bringing up RL shit.

I have thick skin(pun intended) so personally it doesnt bother me when someone says im fat, old, or forever alone(joke is on you guys thinking i had a girlfriend to begin with #shut in) but there are plenty of people who are bothered by it and that really sucks.

Finally, it is a slippery slope when RL insults are thrown because it leads to the upset people doing something crazy, facebook stalking/trying to damage IRL etc... its much better just to not allow any of it. If more moderators are needed, then bring on more forum moderators -- I know there are a number of us who read damn near every post made on this forum outside of the buy/sell forums.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Whoa, is @Bromista still tagging me? Do you miss me or something? Also I have popped my head in a few times, since leaving, and I check the forums because It can provide some entertaining reading. And I am curious if upcoming changes will sway me to play a bit more. I am all for less asshattery and real life insults, death threats/wishes etc, as this thread is about. Anyways carry on Bromista with your political injections, and serious need to troll every chance you get and talk about how selfless, noble and high and mighty you are in this thread. Your words as actions are speaking loud and clear.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I agree 100% that personal attacks have no place on the PVP forums... it creates a toxic community and a disincentive for new players/groups to try out PVP. I even went so far as to PM a POWER member(the main offenders of the personal attack wave) asking if I made a post asking people to pledge to stop using IRL attacks would they agree to it. Of course, the answer was no.

UO is a game, Real Life is not -- some people have a good real life, some people have a great real life, some people have a tough real life. People should be able to play UO and "escape" from the shitty realities that life sometimes bring on people. People shouldnt have to hear about how fat they are, how fat their wife is, how their neck tattoos prevent career choices, about their struggles with addiction, about a death in their family, about a break up, etc. It was like this way on uoforever because staff gave no fucks about moderating or cleaning up their forums -- I would love to see UOF forums take a zero tolerance stance on personal attacks in an attempt to clean up the community. First time is a warning, second time 1 week ban, 3rd time perma ban from forums for bringing up RL shit.

I have thick skin(pun intended) so personally it doesnt bother me when someone says im fat, old, or forever alone(joke is on you guys thinking i had a girlfriend to begin with #shut in) but there are plenty of people who are bothered by it and that really sucks.

Finally, it is a slippery slope when RL insults are thrown because it leads to the upset people doing something crazy, facebook stalking/trying to damage IRL etc... its much better just to not allow any of it. If more moderators are needed, then bring on more forum moderators -- I know there are a number of us who read damn near every post made on this forum outside of the buy/sell forums.

Something I can whole-heartedly agree with.. This doesn't mean we can swap spit however, EQMS shall always be a target, but a really fine post, I must admit.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Whoa, is @Bromista still tagging me? Do you miss me or something? Also I have popped my head in a few times, since leaving, and I check the forums because It can provide some entertaining reading. And I am curious if upcoming changes will sway me to play a bit more. I am all for less asshattery and real life insults, death threats/wishes etc, as this thread is about. Anyways carry on Bromista with your political injections, and serious need to troll every chance you get and talk about how selfless, noble and high and mighty you are in this thread. Your words as actions are speaking loud and clear.
I lol'ed at political injections.

Trump supporter spotted.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
wow FFS here we go again. who gives a shit?

1. its a old games forums if you are sensitive about your RL dont put your pics/rl out there keep that shit for social media and friends.
2. Dont get so offended by some moron 4k miles away says your wife is fat and loves BBC it doesnt matter, nobody knows you, nobody cares its just for giggles
3. i agree if people start stalking peoples rl/soical media then it becomes and an issue and shoudl be dealt with

Deadpool

Grandmaster
3. i agree if people start stalking peoples rl/soical media then it becomes and an issue and shoudl be dealt with

Then I guess we need to deal with you... I saw you outside of my house. Hope you liked the pics you got... because if not come back tonight I can do better poses.

girana

Grandmaster

maybe start talking to some of your Guildmembers first before talking to power

Status
Not open for further replies.