Horse Barding Deeds

Would you choose armored horse over swampy?

• Aye!

Votes: 119 95.2%
  • Nay!

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

Streets

Grandmaster
Most definitely! Lets get some special armored horses to have options other than swampies! Tamers get to choose between a reptilian and mammal egg(wait mammals dont lay eggs) for a meta steed. Let the non-tamers toons have the same option for barded mounts!

I want to agree with a very valid point made here. The whole meta game should be expanded to non tamers. Yes there are talismans but most of us would like a lesser meta let of some sort. I'm not saying some sort of powerful game changing or breaking Ballance. I'm saying something slightly stronger than a npc hireling or a summoned elemental that can survive a hit or 2 not something that takes away from tamers bit a pet and/or mount that you had to level as an option.rigjt now there are a few pets you can have without being a tamer but all you can do is train them so they are a little better. Some people wouldn't mind a leveling type minion that goes a bit beyond just training would take 1 or 2 control slots. So many uses here:

Would love a hireling type pet for adventuring but they are quite bland, you hire them and train them only to have gear break when trained.

Mini npc arena tournements. Maybe 3v3 different combinations of hireling with different skills would be interesting

Bank sitting to show off the work they did

Those few times when a pet would have been all you need to take down that monster or where it would have made the difference between living and dieing.

Role playing.

I'm sure there is more. I'm just saying the idea of meta pets is a great time sink to be overlooked on just 1 skill set. Open it up to more people while keeping the power of metas to the tamers that put the money and effort into the profession.

Grish'nak

Master
Amazed this isn't already in. Don't see the downside if spawn is same rate as swampy. Presumably it's not hard to code?

Very strong poll results!

Streets

Grandmaster
Amazed this isn't already in. Don't see the downside if spawn is same rate as swampy. Presumably it's not hard to code?

Very strong poll results!

The downside is devalued swamp dragons. Maybe a new system for let breeding? Similar to plant cross breeding? Cross a swamp dragon with a nightmare? This would revitalize a pet market vs one or 2 ideal pets. You could cross for abilities or cross for unique colors maybe breed for needing lower taming skill etc. Multiple generations could be created. But the details can't be leaked to the public let the community learn and figure out the way it works.

Maybe the parent pets are destroyed in the process.. yes morbid I know but there has to be cons it can't be all pros.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
I have to disagree with the comments made towards having "lesser or alternative" meta "pets" for non-tamers. Tamers are a lot of work, which is the point of having a tamer and to obtain a meta dragon, steed, or spider. Additionally, the tamers that have acquired these pets, have put in a lot of time, work, and money, so there shouldn't be something easier to obtain because individuals are being "lazy". If individuals are wanting to a have a companion, then they should have to make a tamer.

However, with that said, I am totally for the armored horse barding deed because swampies are just plain ugly and balky. Additionally, it could be new content that would allow individuals to work towards and bring something new, but make it something challenging like how the swamp dragon is obtained? This would keep the value of this type of pet, but also make it something that needs to be worked for. Additionally, it would allow the individuals who have obtained a swampy, not feel neglected or disregarded, while still giving the option of having a swampy because they like them.

I don't know about the breeding component, I know other servers have implemented a breeding system, but things become extremely complicated and might be hard too do because this server has been around for almost 5 years and I cannot imagine it would be easy to change or adjust the "older" pets that are already obtained by players. I think it would frustrate a lot of individuals, but it could go the other way, and make people happy. The joy of everyone having alternative opinions. lol

Streets

Grandmaster
I have to disagree with the comments made towards having "lesser or alternative" meta "pets" for non-tamers. Tamers are a lot of work, which is the point of having a tamer and to obtain a meta dragon, steed, or spider. Additionally, the tamers that have acquired these pets, have put in a lot of time, work, and money, so there shouldn't be something easier to obtain because individuals are being "lazy". If individuals are wanting to a have a companion, then they should have to make a tamer.

However, with that said, I am totally for the armored horse barding deed because swampies are just plain ugly and balky. Additionally, it could be new content that would allow individuals to work towards and bring something new, but make it something challenging like how the swamp dragon is obtained? This would keep the value of this type of pet, but also make it something that needs to be worked for. Additionally, it would allow the individuals who have obtained a swampy, not feel neglected or disregarded, while still giving the option of having a swampy because they like them.

I don't know about the breeding component, I know other servers have implemented a breeding system, but things become extremely complicated and might be hard too do because this server has been around for almost 5 years and I cannot imagine it would be easy to change or adjust the "older" pets that are already obtained by players. I think it would frustrate a lot of individuals, but it could go the other way, and make people happy. The joy of everyone having alternative opinions. lol

That's the point though of a lesser meta, players (not just tamers) can put in the hard work and money not everyone wants a pure tamer build though. I agree a lesser meta should be no where near as powerful of what a tamer can do but what if it's say as powerful as maybe a nightmare (just an example) when Max leveled?

Something better than what a non tamer has now but not anywhere near as good as someone who spent the points in the skills to master the profession. It can be balanced where it takes more experience to level than a meta as well to make it more attractive to be an actual tamer.

The point is if your not a tamer you don't have any options, you can get a npc hireling, maybe a beetle or something along these lines but it's not gonna take a single hit from a mob. I'm not saying it needs to tank a dragon but even summoned elementals survive better than any companion that you can have as a non tamer.

Lets start with at least having an option between a Swamp Dragon and a "Clydesdale" Armored Horse to place barding deeds on. I'm not opposed to seeing it as a warhorse with the various ingot hues for armor being placed on it. Hell ill even help with pixel placement if that is what's an issue with possibly getting something like this in place!

halv

Grandmaster
Why not keeping swampy like he is? Make a weaker barding deed for horses. Horses can be bought and tamed and are easy to get. Make it 50% defense ability compared to swampy. Or something like this.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Why not keeping swampy like he is? Make a weaker barding deed for horses. Horses can be bought and tamed and are easy to get. Make it 50% defense ability compared to swampy. Or something like this.

I'd even be good with that - I mean horsehide is weaker than swamp dragon hide. For me it's really about the variety and color in steed. I hate swampies, I'll never own one because they are ridiculously large to look at. but if a horse could have barding, I'd be all over it. I'd even accept if barding had durability, and broke off eventually, to help increase the market for crafters.

Streets

Grandmaster

Because it's not the mechanics that suck it's just the graphic. The 6 legged turd takes up so much space (tiles) makes it difficult to pull health bars, etc.

I don't care if it's still a tamer only thing, some of us just want the perk of damage mitigated and are willing to deal with the ugly pet but would prefer something easier on the eyes.

Sir.

Grandmaster
This would really make me feel like a doofus, for paying out all my gold for a Charger of the Fallen last week ! o_O

No way! I bought one too - it's good to have an ethy for backup in case the horse dies, as it would be a ghost like a swampy. Don't feel bad my friend, you made a cool purchase :D

ee am Dat

Adept
I think a rare beetle spawn would be choice. This Buprestidae beetle could be barded in the same fashion. Or even utilize tinkering and gems to make beetle bard deeds. We could add gem bard deeds to both swamps and beetles. That way you actually have a use for 120 tinkers. This will also give people the hue selection they crave. Diamond barded swamp sounds awesome.

Streets

Grandmaster
I think a rare beetle spawn would be choice. This Buprestidae beetle could be barded in the same fashion. Or even utilize tinkering and gems to make beetle bard deeds. We could add gem bard deeds to both swamps and beetles. That way you actually have a use for 120 tinkers. This will also give people the hue selection they crave. Diamond barded swamp sounds awesome.

I like this alot!