How is a Dexxer supposed to win? Legit Question

Gareth

Apprentice
Yeah definitely.. I was just thinking maybe they could implement some code along the lines of If MissedHit >= 5 then HitChance = 100%, but by accuracy weapons you mean like Supremely Accurate, Eminently accurate etc... I was using an eminently accurate in these situations =P

Only if it worked the other way around too.

IfHit >= 5 then MissChance = 100%

Future

Master
You have 60 fucking resist and your trying to fight a top tier pvper who has played for ten years dexxers are over powered as fuck

Jani

Grandmaster
You have 60 fucking resist and your trying to fight a top tier pvper who has played for ten years dexxers are over powered as fuck
Yea, I think hes trolling. For example alchy macer and poisoned katana dexxers are pretty damn good on UOF.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a solid dexxer with a bit of magery you should be able to handle 2 mages pretty easily honestly including chugging pots.

Shini

Master
Can you please give a template example for that kind of dexxer? Thanks

You can fight 1v2 and even 1v4+ with any templates including any
kind of alchy dexxers if you're fighting noobs that are unorganized or
just bad but you are certainly not supposed to win 1v2 with a dexxer against 2 decent mages.

So I have been playing a bit on my lumberjack, he's not finished by any means-- has 90s lumberjack and 60's resist and 50 magery but everything else is 100 (swords tacs anat healing). I decided to mess around and do the 7x tournament, where I won 4 matches all against mages and ended up taking the Bronze troph.

You're not supposed to win at anything in UO with 60 resisting spell when it comes to PVP.

Last edited by a moderator:

You can fight 1v2 and even 1v4+ with any templates including any
kind of alchy dexxers if you're fighting noobs that are unorganized or
just bad but you are certainly not supposed to win 1v2 with a dexxer against 2 decent mages.

You're not supposed to win at anything in UO with 60 resisting spell when it comes to PVP.

The anime chick summed it up pretty much.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Any dexxer without GM magery is going to fail hard 1v1. I also recommend lumberjacking.

I don't pvp a lot but when I do and I want to go EZ mode, I pull out this template:

100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Lumberjacking
100 Magery
100 Resist
100 Swordsmanship
100 Tactics

100 str, 90 dex, 35 int

Very devastating against mages. Even without the concussion blows, the raw damage is just unreal and very difficult to keep up with.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Dex's need GM resist, for starters. And magery too, otherwise it's long offscreening runs before bandage puts you back in fight. Without magery it's somewhat luck based, gheal pots recover random HP, and getting 10hp when you need 30 can prove fatal. However OP missed the important part, weapon used. For dex vs mage, roll with fastest gun available, chug pots and disrupt spells. Dex vs dex.. who has better gear wins, usually. Also, spears are best against mages, maces against dexers. Swords are somewhere in between.. Never liked them or axes, tho axes dish out most dmg.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
ludwig, and if they run away chugging pots? how can you finish without alch?

I don't use purple pots because they are lame. I also don't chase runners endlessly. If you can't stick around with me, clearly you weren't on my level to begin with and you need to go be by yourself.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
As the shard's Premier Parry Pally, I'll chime in on this. If you're fighting a mage just run off screen when they dump and heal, then wail on them. Then they'll run off screen to regain mana. Repeat these steps until whoever has the lowest ping runs off screen far enough to recall.

If you want to have fun then take up parrying. Yes, it's useless for mages but against other dexxers its hilarious. Archers simply don't deal you damage, ever. Other dexxers don't really hurt either. I run away from macers but simply because my gear's expensive and I don't feel like seeing it shat upon by some war hammer yielding bunghole.

God.RG

Grandmaster
As the shard's Premier Parry Pally, I'll chime in on this. If you're fighting a mage just run off screen when they dump and heal, then wail on them. Then they'll run off screen to regain mana. Repeat these steps until whoever has the lowest ping runs off screen far enough to recall.

If you want to have fun then take up parrying. Yes, it's useless for mages but against other dexxers its hilarious. Archers simply don't deal you damage, ever. Other dexxers don't really hurt either. I run away from macers but simply because my gear's expensive and I don't feel like seeing it shat upon by some war hammer yielding bunghole.
Hahahaha. This + your name = lol