How long does it take to GM Taming

Phenom

Novice
I guess if you get to a point when you can farm 200k faster than you can gain 1.0 taming it's time to start eating some scrolls.

I'm far from that still, gaining nicely at scorps still in the low 70's

lollo

Grandmaster
Well, i can make 200k in 3-4 hours, will i gain more than 1.0 in the high 90's in that time?

Phenom

Novice
I guess you'll have to see. From what I've been reading other players on here saying gains can slow down to as little as 0.1-0.2 per hour.

If I notice gains coming that slowly I'll be utilizing my provo dexxer and farming pure gold for scrolls :).

As for now, I can still easily get 1-1.5 or more per hour, so I'm nowhere near that point, though I'm sure things will slow GREATLY when I have to leave the Shame scorp heaven in the high 70s.

Can get to 80 in less than 50 hours, maybe another 50 to 90? And then if you farm 10 skill scrolls in 40 hours it'd be like 100-150 hours to gm tops.

Aren

Journeyman
i would totally SS it now from 90 to 120 but market is flooded with dono atm and its not worth bothering with dono for gold.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Let's say it's 200 hours.

An average bard will make in an average hour about what... 60 to 80k?

Let's say 60.

200 hours x 60k equals 12 mil.

Taming SS aren't really necessary below 80.0 real. You can reach that point in no time.

20 taming SS would be worth 4.5 mil at 225k per (which is very expensive, and will go down at some point).

If you farmed gold with your bard for as long as it would take you to raise taming from 80 to GM, you'd have enough gold to buy the scrools you need to GM, and an extra 8 mil that might even buy you a castle in this market.

Bottom line : buy scrolls.

Phenom

Novice
Or you can ignore the castle and farm the 4.5 mil in 75 hours at 60k/hr

But is it really slower than 4 hours to gain 1 point from 80-90?

I would think it may be faster to keep taming until 90 and then farm for 10 scrolls.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster

I would think it may be faster to keep taming until 90 and then farm for 10 scrolls.

80-90 is long cause the creeps you need to tame are scarce.

Aren

Journeyman
hmmm I randomly tamed myself up to 90 real on over world wood land creature taming. I just watched tv/movies at the same time so I didn't watch the time, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 4 hours for 1 full point, though it got close.

I think high volume can help speed things up

yourdaddy

Grandmaster

And yes, of course you ignore the castle, it was just to show how much more profitable it was to just farm the gold and buy the scrolls, compared to straight up skill gains.

James Franco

Grandmaster
Probably ~200-300 hours, but that was before they took barrier island bulls away, and some other spots. Id say 400 is a good average when you take variables into account.

Edit bad mental math ;)
They took away the bulls in trinsic? or? sorry im a bit confused

Bunnky

Grandmaster
^ yea there was too many afk tamers on barrier island. To fix it they removed the spawn from there, and a few other bull spots.

:''''''''''''(

Also when they redid fire dungeon it removed a few good dungeon taming spots through the 80's and 90's. There are still 2 decentish spots now but not as good as before.

Overall it should take significantly longer to GM taming now than it was a year ago solely based on lack of good options post 80.

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Its quick enough if you dont derail it. Make a mission to do 1 point a day. It's how well you can prepare and use the skills wisely. When I created my tamer, the stats I've used where:
Magery
Med
hiding
music
peace
animal taming
animal lore

Peace them scorpions, tame all 4 and run them into other mobs to kill off and do it again. With the increase of skill gain until tomorrow, that can easily get you 3.0 points an hour if done this way inside shame. Of course only until 80 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henrik

Master
I did it in 20 days, from 1-5 hours (some days even more). Did 99.9% of all the taming in the woods, bulls stable and dagger isle. It was a grind no doubt but not even near 200 hours or even 150. It's all about doing it right and keep taming all the time (instead of running around looking for things to tame). I got a runebook from a friendly player with good spots that I could recall between. When I was out of stuff to tame I killed the animals, waited for them to spawn and then started over again.

I believe the worst part was 80-85, after that it was easier. The last 5 (95-gm) was quite fast. I focused on white wolves and bulls, which I found was the best at that level.

One more thing! Retames are good but if you have tamed the animal before you won't gain from it.