How long does it take to GM Taming

MTBowl

Grandmaster
yeah I ran in to em working dexxer talisman I kill all the spawn and they just keep going... I know they are afk cus when i kill the thing they are taming they still say the release part of the macro.

Native

Novice
Never noticed that they were afk, but now that I think about it they probably were.. I'm killing them next time I see one of them if they don't answer.

Henrik

Master
If you've noticed those names you've probably seen "Sweden" as well. I don't know about other ppl but I wasn't afk taming at all but used a uosteam macro that did the tame/rename/release part. I still needed to manually walk around and click stuff so it was still tedious.

And yes, it is allowed to do that and used by a lot of people. JewJew is the default name and BigDickBandits is a guy i met that was not afk taming. :)

It may be possible to change the macro to make it possible to afk tame and if people are doing that they should indeed get banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

MTBowl

Grandmaster
you guys runnin that macros ever think that doubling and tripling the spawn in the woods maybe something to do with the longer world saves??

Henrik

Master
you guys runnin that macros ever think that doubling and tripling the spawn in the woods maybe something to do with the longer world saves??

Please tell me how auto rename/release can have something to do with longer world saves?

When you rename a bull to once or something like that. It makes the server respawn a new bull or anything in the wild.(more stuff for the server to count, then save) I always kill my tames If other tamers are not around working the skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Native

Novice
The world saves are really really long... Especially considering Shane said the saves would be faster when we switched to this newest server. When I started playing here in December the saves were at like 20-22s. Now they're 30-40s depending. Lots more server crashes too. Dunno how much is truly linked to too many creatures, but if it is I wish the staff would do something about it. Whether that's keeping a closer eye on the macroing tamers or just doing a creature clear every so often and having a full respawn, who knows. Not sure how hard either of those would be.

Henrik

Master
Didn't know that a creature respawned when one is renamed. This macro, however, isn't new. I've been on this shard since October last year (when the world saves was ~20 sec) and you could see these mass renamed animals at that time too.

MTBowl

Grandmaster
I am not saying its all to do with the releasing of tames. Just saying more things on shard to account for. I remember when orc brutes was first put in on real uo. some guild blade spirited em and made a million orc lords spawn crashing the server. They quickly fixed it by putting a limit on the spawn off.